October 2014 Weddings

Wedding Dress Search

I was wondering has anyone thought of trying on dresses? If so since dresses cost so much would getting it early and making payments on it sound crazy? I looked at all the wedding dress trends and they haven't changed much since 2009. Besides I want something simple I really don't like the 3D flower look or layers like a cake topper. Any suggestions?!

Re: Wedding Dress Search

• I know it might sound crazy, but I have looked at dresses twice so far! I couldn't help myself... and it was so much fun, I'm definently glad I went! I figured that eventhough our wedding is a little under 2 years away I might as well to go and see what styles were out there. I'm not sure how soon I will buy a dress, but if I find "the one" and its this season (meaning you can't buy it next year), and I'm sure its my dream dress I just might go for it. But I would have to think it over and be absolutly positive, since theres always new styles coming out. If you want something simple and you find a dress that you absolutly love I don't see the problem with buying it ahead of time- as long as you are sure thats the dress you want :) 
  • As crazy as it sounds i already have my dress! Eeekkk!! : I watch what i eat and i have a personal trainer so Im not worried about not fitting into it I tried on so many styles and thought i knew what i wanted but my best friend picked one for me to try and it was perfect!!! It was so different from what i had in my head and if i had looked at it I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought but it ended up being the one. I can't wait to wear it!!
  • Personally, I found a dress pattern that I really like, and my aunt is a really great seamstress. She's going to make it for me. :)  I don't think there's any problem finding one early that you love. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I've been to 3 appointments already. I've also looked at many many websites. I'm kinda picky so I don't see a problem with looking early.
  • i have been looking on websites. there is a bridal place here where i live and i am going to go look and get ideas of what i want. my friend she would maybe make my dress for me.
  • No that doesn't sound crazy! I bought my dress about a week ago after online shopping for five months and trying on a bunch. It was just the right one for my body and I felt fantastic in it. The only thing that stung was the price tag. I much appreciate my FI for putting in the dough for it but if he hadn't I had the option of financing. Honestly, you don't know what will happen and you could lose out on your perfect dress because its too expensive.
  • I've started looking around myself but haven't seen anything I like.  Has anyone bought a dress online without seeing it in person?
  • EVIC2014 said:
    I was wondering has anyone thought of trying on dresses? If so since dresses cost so much would getting it early and making payments on it sound crazy? I looked at all the wedding dress trends and they haven't changed much since 2009. Besides I want something simple I really don't like the 3D flower look or layers like a cake topper. Any suggestions?!
    I held off on dress shopping until I had my venue secured, but once that was taken care of in March I made appointments at bridal salons in April. . . and I found The One and already have a deposit down, lol!

My consultant suggested not getting measured or placing the order until September or October of this year, and they offer a payment plan option.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I made my first dress appointment for next weekend! I was also worried it's too soon to be looking, but I have ZERO idea what I want or what looks good on me so I think it's good to go so I can at the very least get an idea. 

Plus FH and I already have the ceremony & reception venue, colors, theme, and (somewhat) centerpieces planned. I think looking for the dress makes sense now that we have all of that nailed down.
  • I've had my dress since February 2013.  I bought it without trying it out or seeing it in person.  It's a vintage dress, so there was no ordering or I'll think about it.  I love it, but if will need some alterations.

Best wishes to everyone.

• My dress is bought and paid for since dec. its in the closet and needs some aesthetic alterations but nothing else

Anniversary
  • I just bought my dress also.  It was the perfect dress, it fit my theme and it wasn't white!  I really didn't want to purchase it now but I was afraid that since it was Christina Wu spring collection it would be out of production when I was ready.  It's ok though, it won't be in for six months and one of my bridesmaids will store it at her home (:
  • I've been to one appointment and have been relentlessly scouring the internet for dresses I like, but if I find one I do like now, I'm definitely going to hold off on measurements and ordering it, because I gained weight and am trying to lose it still.  Plus, if I like something I see right now, it might be on sale next year when I do order it.  I'm trying to get my bridesmaids to go try on dresses right now though, because i want them to at least narrow it down to a couple styles they like.
  • Dresses scare me. So I am avoiding it like the plague. Luckily there's still time to avoid it safely. But eventually I'll have to agree to find one. I suppose... LOL
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Tesa1987 - I feel the same way!!!!!!! 

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards