Students

Intro thread?

So this board is really slow, let's try to fix it! :)

Name:
Where you're at in school: (Whether in high school/undergrad/graduate school)
Major:
Wedding date:
Fun fact:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro thread?

• Name: Krystyn
    Where you're at with school: Junior in undergraduate degree
    Major: Double major in English and French with a secondary education intention
    Wedding date: June 2nd, 2013. (Just 25 days now!)
    Fun fact: I very rarely wear matching socks. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Ray
    Where you're at in school: Junior undergrad, I can't believe I'm almost a senior!
    Major: Linguistics and Comparative Literature
    Wedding date: Already had it.  May 27th 2012
    Fun fact: I love to travel
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    Name: Rachel
    Where you're at in school: 3rd year of medical school. Only 1 year left!
    Major: Medicine
    Wedding date: November 3rd, 2013
    Fun fact: I want to cut up dead people for a living.  (Haha, have fun with that one y'all)
    Anniversary
  • Name: Amapola...lol, sorry, no real name for me
    Where you're at in school: (Whether in high school/undergrad/graduate school): I am in my first year of nursing school, but it's only a 13-month program so it's hard to say exactly where I fall in that spectrum.
    Major: Nursing
    Wedding date: N/A. BF and I aren't planning on getting engaged until after I graduate, so I am usually over on NEY, but since I'm in school I wanted to meet the ladies over here.
    Fun fact: My mom is a nurse, her mother was a nurse, so I'm hoping it runs in the family! I am really pumped to start my first class at the end of this month!
  • Rachel, I think your career plans ARE fun, lol. So you want to be an ME? Forensic pathologist? I'm not sure what the job title is, but rest assured, that is very cool.
  • Looks like my post from yesterday got erased. Here it is again:

Name: Kristi

Where you're at in school: Just finished my 1st class for grad school

Major: Graduate Certificate in Technical Communications for now. Eventually leading to a Masters in Information Design

Wedding date: July 27, 2013

Fun fact: I like to bake in my spare time and have taken some cake decorating courses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Karyn

Where you're at in school:  About to finish my 3rd year of grad school, last one before starting my thesis!

Major: Masters in Art History with a concentration in Museum Studies/Education

Wedding date: May 2, 2014

Fun Fact: I just bought my wedding dress this week!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @artteacher23  We require pictures of you in the wedding dress! 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Name: Chloe
    Where you're at in school: Just finishing up junior year in undergrad
    Major: Biology and Latin
    Wedding date: June 28, 2014
    Fun fact: I'm going to pharmacy school after graduation, possibly a duel degree program. Because 4-5 more years after graduation sounds like fun (not really, I'm just insane).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's basically how I describe my life. Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Katie
    Where you're at in school: 6 classes away from my bacholer's degree
    Major: Computer Science
    Wedding date: January 4th, 2014
    Fun fact: My dogs second birthday was yesterday :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• And sorry the pic is so huge. I am not sure how to make it smaller
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Katie- Your dog is adorable!! <3

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Totally okay. She (he?) is adorable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ArtTeacher23ArtTeacher23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

Very cute dog Katie!!  lol, very well @ravenray, here's my dress :D

Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @artteacher23 That is a beautiful dress!  I love the veil too!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Thank you @ravenray!!!

Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 We have the same veil! :) I love your dress, you look beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Name: Debbie
    Where you're at in school: I am in the thesis-writing stage of my RMA!  I see the end!  I'm editing right now and was hoping to be done by the end of May, but I don't know . . .
    Major:  Medieval Studies
    Wedding date: January 25th 2014
    Fun fact: I'm doing a European tour this summer since I'm already overseas for school, two weeks with my parents, and then a whole month with my FI.  I can't wait!

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    Katie, your dog is so cute!!!

• @kerbohl Where are you going in Europe?  That sounds like a great time! 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    @ravenray I'm going to Dublin for the second time in a year because it is an awesome city, and then basically Germany, Austria, Czech, and maybe Italy.  I am very excited! 

• meggbpmeggbp member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Name: Megan
    Where you're at in school: I just graduated with my undergrad degree a week ago.. I know I'm not a student, but I'm trying to ignore that right now lol.
    Major: Applied Sociology with and Option in Crime, Law & Social Justice
    Wedding date: May 31, 2014
    Fun fact: I am starting my new job tomorrow as a correctional officer!
  • @kerbohl - OMG! Please tell me the names of all the cities you are visiting, except Czech because I've never been there.  I feel like you are my travel twin :)  I love Germany and Austria.

@meggbp Congrats on graduating!  We will still accept you around here ;)  Good luck on your new job!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    @ravenray Germany is the place that I'm leaving really open so I can visit as many places as possible, but I know I want to see Berlin, Munich, the Black Forest, Dusseldorf, and Frankfurt.  We might also do Hamburg.  As for Austria, we will see Salzburg and Vienna, and we might take a train ride through the whole country just to see the scenery. 
    Word of advice - go to Prague if you ever have the chance!  I have already been, and I am still looking forward to going back.  It is a great city with lots to see, and as long as you don't get cheated by the money changers, you can get a lot for your money.  I did a six hour tour that included lunch, a boat ride, and a tour guide in English for about $30.  That is insane!

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    @elBecko Okay, I will add Cologne to my list.  The plan is to go from Salzburg to Germany (so far), so I'll try to take the same route to see the scenery. 

• Yay!  Travel talk!  

So I lived in the Black Forest for a while, it's so amazing!  What do you like to visit in Germany?  Do you like towns, cities, small country villages?  

I also really loved Leipzig, which is an hour train ride outside of Berlin.  They have a really neat city, which is great for a day or a day trip.  

I love Salzburg so much!  I would highly recommend buying the Salzburg Card.  For 30 eruos, it's gets you into 3 big things, I think.  For more info go here: www.salzburg.info  It was worth our money.  We took the Gondola up to the top of the nearby mountain, got into the castle, and took a boat ride on the river and I would highly recommend all of those things.  We saved a bunch of money and had a blast! 

Wow that is awesome about Prague.  I will have to go there for sure.  I wanted to see if we could go last time we were in Berlin but we didn't end up going.  We went to Leipzig instead.  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    I like hiking, small towns (medieval is a bonus) and castles.  I am so buying this Salzburg card that you speak of - and the things you used it for sound awesome.  And I can't believe that you lived in the Black Forest - that sounds so amazing!  How long were you there for?  And did you do a lot of hiking? 
    Did you go to the Netherlands while you were in Germany?  They have some awesome cities, and the biking just cannot be beat.  Maastricht is really nice,and Nijmegen.  And Delft is awesome . . . if anyone needs tips for traveling in the Netherlands, I've been here for two years and can give pointers on what to see and the best way to get there!

• @Kerbohl -I was there for 4 months.  I did do some hiking, not as much as I would have liked, since I Don't really like hiking alone but there were many paths and meanders that ran through the village and up into the hills that I would walk and walk.  I loved it.

You should go to Freiberg.  It's an amazing city and from there you can launch into the Black Forest. 

I'm trying to remember where but we went hiking to a ruins of a castle, but I can't remember what it is called.  There are so many of them all over that area.  

No I've never been to the Netherlands, I want to go!  Thanks for the recommendations! 

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards