Texas-Houston

Looking for a venue!

I think I've exhausted all options.  I would prefer an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception (unless the indoor space is fabulous).  I've looked at many places.  I don't want a rustic venue, though I really liked Briscoe Manor.  Unfortunately, they do not have any dates in my time frame of Spring 2014.  My family is very picky about the location not being too far from Cypress and The Woodlands (where both our families live).  Currently my two best options are The Bell Tower on 34th and The Woodlands Country Club Palmer Course.  Any other suggestions I could try?  Anything more expensive than the Bell Tower would be out of my budget.

All help appreciated :)

Re: Looking for a venue!

• Are the Woodlands Country Club Palmer Course prices reasonable?
  • The Woodlands Country Club Palmar was reasonable in my opinion (compared to everything else I looked at).  They were probably about $17K but that included ceremony, tables, chairs, linens, bridal cake, dance floor, china, buffet, bar and rental of the facility all day including use of locker room for getting ready.  Pretty much everything, all you needed was grooms cake, photographer, DJ and flowers.

I LOVE the chapel at Ashton Gardens but I heard from multiple people that the reception room is the shape of a horseshoe and isn't conducive to a good flow for the reception.
  • The $17K was with an open bar with liquor.
  • Depending on the size of your reception, the shape of the reception space at Ashton Gardens really isn't bad. Some friends of mine got married there and they used one side for the cocktail hour and then used the other side for the formal reception. They had about 200 people I think and that worked out pretty well.

Also maybe check out Lindsay Lakes in Cypress? I honestly have no idea what they charge but I know they have several options for an ourdoor ceremony. I have some other freinds who got married at Northwest Forest Conference Center outdoors, though I have no idea how much they charge either.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I you want something contemporary I really like 5226 elm
  • I went to a wedding at Amber Springs and although a bit "rustic" she picked really modern colors and it didnt look as rustic. It looked more country cottage sweet. 
  • I didn't even go and look at Ashton Gardens because she quoted me 15k for 70 people at brunch hours!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love Amber Springs, if we didn't have to choose a venue closer to the south side because of my grandma, I would have totally booked there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Le Jardin?
  • We looked at Le Jardin. The grounds are pretty, but I found the interior inside to be very dated, and I didn't like the Christmas light looking chandeliers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • From my understanding they are building a new area outdoors that will function like a permanent outdoor tent-like space.  I think it's supposed to be done in December.  Also, you can have them take down the lights - they charge a fee because of the labor involved in taking them down and putting them back up after, but I think it was like $150 or something.  I saw some sketches of what the new area is supposed to look like when I toured, but that was a few months ago so I don't know what their plans are now...

You may want to look into Hugh's Hangar on Washington. They have indoor and outdoor space and because it's not a typical wedding venue I think they have reasonable prices and let you bring in your own vendors.

Here are some others:

Asia Sociey

Avant Garden

Bentwater on Lake Conroe

Chateau Polonez

Hotel Sorella (I think you can do a ceremony on their [small] balcony OR the greenspace in the middle of the plaza (if you don't mind spectators; you have to contact Midway Management for that area)

Houston Zoo

La Toretta

Mia Bella Vita

Northwest Forest Conference Center

Raveneaux County Club

Wynden

Tranquila Ranch

• MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I am getting married at Heather's Glen in Conroe. Not sure if they is too far for you but they have some great packages, some of the packages are not listed on the website.
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • Check out the Raveneaux Country Club, Bentwater is a great spot but may be too far for where you are looking also depending on the size of your wedding check out the Hyatt on Market Street in The Woodlands
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards