Chit Chat
Options

Sad news- if you're having a great day, skip this

edited May 2013 in Chit Chat
My dog, Lucy lost her battle with cancer. It became obvious on Friday that the latest round of chemo had failed. We took her to her favorite vet to be euthanized on Friday. We stayed with her until the end, petting and talking to her until she reached the other side. It was a very gentle and peaceful death. 

This has been very difficult time for my family, including the dog that we rescued, last year, to be a companion for Lucy. I appreciate all the kind comments that you offered. Also, Muppet's 'You know your from..' thread provided a much needed diversion for me on Friday. 

Thank you

Re: Sad news- if you're having a great day, skip this

• Options
    I'm sorry Marie.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    It's so hard to lose a pet, because they really are members of our family. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she passed away peacefully, surrounded by people who loved her, and she wasn't scared or alone. For that, you deserve to be commended. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss, Maire!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Oh Maire, I am so very sorry you lost your furbaby. That just hurts the heart and soul so badly. Sending you warm hugs and thoughts.
  • Options
    :( Hugs to you and your family. I'm so sorry she didn't make it, but she had an amazing owner who helped her through.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    so sorry, it's never easy.  Sounds like you loved her very much, I bet she knew it too.
  • Options

Oh Marie. I am so sorry for your loss! T&P for you, your family and your other fur baby.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Maire. I'm choked up right now. I have trouble with dog deaths. It's probably the thing I'm most emotional about because mine are so precious to me. I understand where your at and my heart is with you. Lots of support going your way right now.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss Maire. :-(
  • Options
    Poor puppy! That is sad news. I am very sorry you had to go through that, but at least you were there with Lucy. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with y'all and is in a much better place now, pain free. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. There really are no words to describe my grief, but it's easier to share this with you people than it is to share face to face with someone. Your kind words mean so much.

• Options
    So Sorry Maire!  Sending lots of thoughts your way.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    ok that made me cry
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    @TXKristan - I hope so. 

• Options
    @TXKristan - that made me cry. Beautiful. Maire, T&Ps go to you. Losing a pet is so difficult.
  • Options
    Weezy56Weezy56 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    T& P your way. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her.
  • Options
    Awww, Maire!  So sorry. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Awww Maire :( So sorry for your loss but glad your girl isn't suffering anymore. You did the right thing by her.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    :( My day wasn't great anyway. I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss, Maire. I'm glad it was a peaceful goodbye and please know that you're in my thoughts. Your dog was lucky to have been in your family.
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I am so sorry for your loss. T&P to your family.
  • Options
    @MairePoppy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Lucy - I was really hoping you would get some good news.  She was lucky to have you in her life and to share her last moments with you and her favorite vet. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about your dog.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Zoberg - I hope your puppy is feeling better today. He has such a cute face.

• Options
    I'm so sorry Maire :(
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  Rest in peace, sweet Lucy :(
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards