Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

tell me about clip in hair extensions

I have NO experience with them. How do they look? Are they easy to put in? Are the clips noticeable if you have very thin hair on top? How much are they? Should I go with real hair or synthetic? Should I order them online or get them from a salon?

btw, I have big, tight curls, not wavy and not african-american...somewhere in between if that makes sense. I'm worried about the curl pattern not matching my own hair. 

any tips or advice you can give me would be awesome!
Thanks!!

Re: tell me about clip in hair extensions

• Options
     How do they look?
    Quite natural if they are inserted correctly, as well as trimmed/layered to match your hair. 
     Are they easy to put in? 
    Super easy. With practice it can take less than 5 minutes to put them in, and a hair dresser should have no problem either. 
    Are the clips noticeable if you have very thin hair on top? 
    I have thin hair, lots of hair, but thin none the less, and yes, I find this is a problem. However I usually just insert them in the bottom layers of my hair to give me more volume. If you are planning on having a bouffant or lots of volume on the top, they shouldn't be too noticable, but I'd stick to just putting them around the base and middle of your hairline rather than near the top. 
    How much are they? 
    They can range anywhere from $50 to $300. I ordered mine from Foxy Locks, a UK company and they cost me about $130, and have lasted over a year (I wash/condition/deep condition them about every 3 weeks, and brush and give them a moisture treatment using Moraccanoil after every use; if you youtube foxy locks the dealer has a great video on how to care for your extensions). 
    Should I go with real hair or synthetic? 
     Always real hair if you plan on using any kind of heat on them, plus they last longer. And try to get Remy virgin hair. 
    Should I order them online or get them from a salon?
    Either or, it's up to you. If you're ordering them from a salon or beauty supply store like Sally's or Chatters, make sure they have a sample or at least have a solid knowledge about the hair that the extensions use. If you're ordering them online, be sure to read the reviews. 

As far as curl pattern, most companies will give you the option of buying straight/wavy/or curly extensions. The company I used, Foxy Locks, only had wavy, which was fine for me because that's the type of hair I have, but remember you can also curl and set human hair extensions. 

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for all your tips and advice! I'm excited to try them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards