Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wedding Venues?

Hi everyone! I am recently engaged and we are looking at various venues for a possible October of 2014 wedding. We have been researching locations but are not planning to finalize anything until later this year. Aldie Mansion is somewhere we have been looking into. Anyone have any recommendations? What's the total cost you spent for your venue? Thank you!

Re: Wedding Venues?

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013

We're having our reception in Delaware County (not sure what area you're looking for) at Ballrooms at Boothwyn. They're wonderful so far.  Definitely a traditional ballroom facility, but it's up to date, well decorated, and they're very flexible and accomodating.  The price is very reasonable as well.

ETA They're owned by Lia's Catering.  They have one other facility as well.

• We're having our reception at North Hills CC in Glenside.  We love our reception site and the club manager is very easy to work with.  We're planning from out of state and he is super accomodating.  We're spending between $80-$90 per person depending on their entree choice.  This includes cocktail hour, seated dinner, open bar, all linens, and cake.
  • Congratulations on your engagement! I'm am getting married in October 2014 at the Washington Crossing Inn.  We are also planning our wedding from out of state and they have been very helpful.  Their standard package for a Saturday is $100 per person and includes cocktail hour, seated dinner, open bar, all linens, floral centerpieces,the cake, and tax and gratuity.  They also have discounts for Friday/Sunday weddings. 
  • Im getting married at Aldie in 23 days!  It has been a wonderful year of planning.  They assigned us a coordinator who has helped so much in asking all the right questions, and answering all of mine!  Were spending approx $101 per person, with a sit down dinner. I am so excited, all of the hard work to pay off soon.  Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.  Its a big decision, but enjoy every minute!
  • We're getting married at Tyler Arboretum in Media.  We're paying about 125 pp, but they are several packages to choose from, we chose a middle-of-the-road package.  That number also includes our cake.  We ended up there because we really want an outdoor wedding.  But we also have horrible luck with weather so we needed a great indoor space just in case.  You have access there to the entire arboretum for photos and there are a ton of great locations for pictures so I am really looking forward to those coming back as well!

You might also want to check out partyspace.com, they have a ton of venues listed and you can view the calendars of the individual places.  The venue hunt was long and confusing for us, but this tool can really help, wish we had found this earlier in the process!
  • We went with the Belle Voir/Pen Ryn. It's going to be about 100 pp w/ tax and gratuity. That is also for the most expensive entree option. The venue threw in a lot of extras (probably about $50/pp extra) with the discounted rate.
    Haven't tried the food yet, but I hear it's good. Our minimum is 175 people.
  • Wow, congrats on your engagement! That is so exciting!! We have been looking into the Warrington Country Club- which has been recently renovated and is just absolutely gorgeous! They actually have an offer that is a 5-hour wedding package for $69.50/per person. If this ends before your wedding date, I know they offer many different accommodating packages. Plus, we went to a wedding there last summer and the food was so good, probably the best meal we've had at a wedding yet! Good luck through your planning process!
  • HI! Congrats! 
    I would start your search at www.partyspace.com - I really found it helpful as it lets you specify budget, "feel/theme" and location. It helped me narrow down to find the Wayne Art Center - a little far for you, but I never would have found it otherwise! Their caterer, Jeffery Miller Catering, has a few other exclusive spots (and great prices with a lot of flexibility). Check them out at www.jeffreymillercatering.com. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards