October 2013 Weddings

Invitations

I was just wondering when everyone is planning on sending their invitations out and when they set their RSVP date for.  I was thinking about getting mine out in early August because I set the RSVP date for September 1st.  We have to final our final head count in by September 14th so this will give us time to track down any RSVP's that we didn't get or got lost in the mail.  I know TK checklist says to send them out at 3 months but I think that is a little early.  What is everyone else planning?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Invitations

• We are doing 3 months since we have a bunch that need to go to the West coast and a few international ones.  Our RSVP date is September 20th.  Our final head count isn't due til the week of, October 12th week, but we wanted to have cushion to call everyone.
  • We are doing 3 months since we have a bunch that need to go to the West coast and a few international ones.  Our RSVP date is September 20th.  Our final head count isn't due til the week of, October 12th week, but we wanted to have cushion to call everyone.
    I wanted to make sure we had a cushion too only because you know there are going to be some that you don't get back.  I am a little worried because I have a few people who never received their STD so I hope the invitation gets to them.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • Any idea on why they didn't get the STD?  Address mistake or something?
  • Probably sending invites last week of July or first week of August (a little before 2 months-our hotel block ends September 4th so I want people to have time to book). Our RSVP date is September 21st.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm probably going to send them at 3 months, because practically all of our guests are OOT & there are a few internationals. Our hotel block ends Oct 4th& our RSVP date is Sept 25.
  • I'm sending them out at the end of July, RSVP date Sept 28th for our Oct. 26th wedding.  95% of our guests are OOT.

• early August here, with deadline of 9/5!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• We are still trying to figure out the "look" of our invites. MOH will be down this weekend for the Memorial Day Holiday. Our plan is to get the invites done and ready to go out. I am STILL working on the guest list. I feel really behind!

• Sending in early August with a deadline of 9/20.  Our hotel block ends 9/12 so I am allowing  a full month for guests to book.  Our catering deadline is October 5th (wedding is Oct 12) so I have a solid cushion between the RSVP and the food deadline.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Probably going to send them out at the 3 month mark just to get them out. There are very few OOTs but I think I generally get wedding invites at the 3 month mark as well, so it just seems like the thing to do. It might be more like 2.5 months if I don't fully have my act together for the 3 months out.

We did not put a rsvp date on the card - we used formal wording which was something like, "The favour of a reply is requested" (I cannot remember at all what is is now, but my sister and I pulled it from an etiquette book.) A response date is not necessary, so we did not add it.

There is a date we know at which we will start calling people if they don't reply (and of course I don't remember what that is either - sometime at the end of September for an October wedding). Final count is due 2 days before the event.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Also sending mine out at the 3 month mark. I set my RSVP date at September 1st because we need our final head count 10 days before the event and I wanted time to be able to track down any people who forget to send their cards back.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  I am STILL working on the guest list. I feel really behind!

Don't worry, I still haven't gotten a list from my mom. My fiance's parents and my dad have given us names, but nothing from my mom. I still don't know what we're doing with invites at all.

I don't feel behind until I see where other people are in their planning, haha.

• Any idea on why they didn't get the STD?  Address mistake or something?
    I am not really too sure why they didn't get them.  I verified the addresses and they were right.  I did receive 2 back (not enough postage, same town) but there were about 3 or 4 that were never received and I never got them back.  One was in FL and there was one in CA that I know about for sure.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • I know for sure that one of our hotel blocks has a deadline of August 31st so I definitely want to make sure I get them out end of July/early August.  I already know of a few people who are booking their hotels soon because they are coming in for OOT.  When I ordered my invites, I forgot to include a guest information card with the hotel info...oops!!  I actually just bought ivory business cards and made them myself instead of spending an extra $100 on just these cards.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • I still have to figure out WHAT I'm doing for invites.  But the plan is to send them out at the beginning of August with an October 1st deadline (venue doesn't need a headcount until about 5 days before the event).

Honestly, I HATE invitations in this whole process.  They've been the bane of my wedding planning since the start.  :(  Everything else has been so easy, and this part has just sucked.
  • Speaking of invitations........... image

They're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lplions said:
    Speaking of invitations........... 

They're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's so exciting!  I was so excited when ours arrived, I couldn't wait to get home to open them!!

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • I still have to figure out WHAT I'm doing for invites.  But the plan is to send them out at the beginning of August with an October 1st deadline (venue doesn't need a headcount until about 5 days before the event).

Honestly, I HATE invitations in this whole process.  They've been the bane of my wedding planning since the start.  :(  Everything else has been so easy, and this part has just sucked.
    Do you have any ideas? Is there anything we can help - suggest places, or show ideas? Etsy? Vistaprint? Buy or design your own .pdf and get it printed (I love CatPrint.com for that) WeddingPaperDivas.com? TheAmericanWedding.com?  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I've been prowling.  I had actually ordered a sample invite from a lady on Etsy (my very first EVER transaction on Etsy too!), and...she never sent the sample.  *sigh* That was after waiting almost 3 weeks to get resolution to all that.

Currently I'm looking to find nice invites, order a tri-fold style envelope that I can tuck everything in to and get them the hell out the door.

The sample invite I'd ordered was this one:

The current plan as my sis and I are working it is to find a nice archival store or scrapbooking store, buy nice paperstock and DIY this sort of invite.  Ribbon and the touch of bling should be easy enough.  But, I just don't know. 

Sorry, I SO didn't mean to jack this thread!  I just keep putting this off.  My sis is going to pay for them (my family is being SUPER generous!  My FI thinks it's because they either think he's a bum, or there's something "wrong" with me so they're trying to get rid of me!  LOL), so I don't want to spend a fortune. 

I'll get it figured out.  I've got a metric frack-ton of cute ones pinned to my Pinterest board; they'd just need some "blinging" out.  :)

PS-Is there no longer a "preview" feature?!  :(  That's sucktastic!

• @SewInLoveWithDMB - Thank you!  Our colors are purple silver, and it looks like all those you posted I can actually get those colors.  :)  Pinned!! 

How did women remember everything before Pinterest?  *laugh*

Thanks a million for the additional ideas!!  Next time I sit down with big sis, we'll go over everything!

Sorry for the accidental thread hijacking!!  :)
  • RSVP date is September 20th.  My final head count is due the week after.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards