Latino Weddings
Options

Stuck on colors, help!

I am a latina (Puerto Rican) and my fiancé is white. I want to have a wedding theme that will have a little of both of our backgrounds. My dress is off white, and the bridesmaids will be in in champagne dress with maybe a brown sash around the waist and orange calla lily flowers. Would like my fiancé to wear an off white tie, but i'm not sure what color suit to put him in or the groomsmen. Not sure that I want to do traditional black. Was thinking brown suit with the burnt orange ties but my fiancé doesn't like it. I've have been searching online but have been unable to find anything with the colors I would like to use. Was also thinking I could incorporate burgundy with the burnt orange flowers for my bouquet. These colors would give our wedding the fall look, but as for the latino feel I want to give the wedding I was thinking about having the girls carry a Spanish hand fan instead of flowers in burnt orange with burgundy. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Re: Stuck on colors, help!

• Options
    When are u getting married?
  • Options

I might suggest for the the men to wear tan colored suits with either brown or orange ties.

Or grey might work too.

To give you an idea:

Groomsmen Style">Orange Groomsmen">

Hope this helped. Congrats and good luck!

• Options
    Puerto Ricans are very Americanized, so when it comes to fashion, don't think P.R. unless you are having a beach wedding and guayabera shirts.  Tan is the color to go with and I would not do orange or plain ties, do a nice fall colored print (see photo).  Burgandy would be a nice dash of color for flowers, but don't put it in the fashion.  Salsa and merengue music, dancers, and serving an appetizer like ceviche (a cold mixed fish dish) or paella or doing cocktails incorporating white and gold rum by Bacardi would be just perfect.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards