Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Vendor reviews from my 4/13/13 wedding

Ceremony Site – Julian Chapel & Inn – A+

Our ceremony at the Julian Chapel was beautiful!  There are large windows to let in lots of light and gorgeous hardwood floors throughout.  Pat, the chapel owner, is super sweet and very hospitable.  She and her family set out light snacks, sandwiches, lemonade and tea for friends/family while my husband and I were getting ready for the wedding.  Pat helped us coordinate our ceremony and helped to keep everything organized.  In addition, the bridal room where I got ready was so pretty and was large enough to accommodate me, our photographer, my hair stylist, my makeup artist, my stepmom, and a couple of friends to help me into my dress.

Wedding Officiant – Caralee Bryant – A+

Caralee is amazing!  We found Caralee after deciding that a Justice of the Peace wasn’t right for us for our ceremony.  Caralee’s business is called A Wedding for Everyone and she performs ceremonies for couples of all kinds.  My husband and I met with her a couple of times and created a perfect, personalized ceremony.  She is one of the most upbeat people I’ve ever met and her passion for what she does really shows through.  She loves marrying couples!  Caralee also connected us with some assistants that helped us coordinate our entire wedding day.  Because of Caralee and her awesome assistants, our wedding ceremony and wedding day was absolutely flawless.

Flowers – Lloyd’s Florist – A+

Mike at Lloyd’s Florist did a phenomenal job on our flowers.  We ordered altar arrangements, my bouquet, several corsages and boutonnieres, and some centerpieces for our reception.  All of our flowers were beautiful.  My husband and I just told Mike what colors we wanted and he created the most beautiful arrangements for us.  I loved my bouquet!  One thing in particular I loved about Lloyd’s Florist is that they let us see our flowers before the wedding, so we knew exactly what we were getting.  All of the deliveries on our wedding day were on time and everything was perfect.

Ceremony Musicians – Commonwealth Musicians – A+

We hired a trio of musicians to play at our wedding ceremony – a violinist, cellist, and pianist.  The music played for our ceremony was amazing.  I found out later on from a friend though that the musicians weren’t playing as early as I thought they were supposed to.  I contacted the Jack, the manager, after the fact and he worked with us to resolve the issue.  There were extenuating circumstances as to why the musicians weren’t playing on time, and I totally understood that.  Our musicians were nothing but professional and the customer service exhibited by Commonwealth Musicians was exemplary.  I would definitely recommend them to other folks planning events.

Reception Site – Shall We Dance – A+

From the moment my husband and I set foot inside this facility, we knew that we had to have our wedding reception there.  This location is simply stunning and really didn’t need much in the way of décor.  We were able to use the facility’s tables, chairs, and linens, which helped us cut costs.  Shall We Dance allows renters to bring in their own caterer and alcohol, which also helped our budget.  Since this facility is a dance studio, there’s no need to rent a separate dance floor.  Kim and Brandon at Shall We Dance were very easy to work with and were very helpful in helping us have a smooth event at their facility.

Caterer – Mirabelle Gourmet Catering – A+

My husband and I have nothing but good things to say about Chef Greg and the rest of the staff at Mirabelle Gourmet Catering.  When we met Chef Greg for our tasting, we knew we were sold.  The buffet at our wedding was delicious and looked amazing.  Several people complimented us on the food and the helpful and courteous staff.  The staff at the reception were integral in helping us clean up everything at the end of the night.  When I tried to lend a hand and pack up a few things, they told me to put down what I was carrying J  One of the nicest things about Chef Greg at Mirabelle was that he worked with us to stay within our budget.  This is truly a great company!

Cake – The Bakery at Sullivan – A+

We were so pleased with how our wedding cake turned out.  Not only was it delicious, but it was beautifully decorated!  I found a picture of how I wanted it to look and it definitely surpassed my expectations.  The person we met with at The Bakery at Sullivan was Jessica, and she did a great job.  My husband and I love The Bakery anyway for its yummy treats, but now we know their cakes are delicious, too!

DJ – Yancey Entertainment Service – A+

Marshall Yancey from Yancey Entertainment Service was our DJ at our reception, and he was wonderful.  From our consultation with him, we could see that he was knowledgeable about music and knew how to make a wedding reception energetic and fun.  He played a good mix of music that got the majority of our guests dancing.  All of the big events of the night like toasts, cake cutting, first dances, etc. flowed smoothly. 

Photographer – Hedges Photography – A+

My husband and I are thrilled that we went with Hedges Photography of Frankfort, KY for our engagement and wedding photos.  Charity Hedges is sweet, personable, and knows what she’s doing.  Our engagement photos were perfect, and we’ve loved what we’ve seen of our wedding photos so far.  Her prices are very reasonable and her photos are fabulous.  She did a great job of getting the shots that we wanted on our wedding day and we can’t wait to see the final photos.  In addition, she is awesome at keeping up with communication; she’s very reachable by email, text, phone, etc. 

Photobooth Rental – Showtime Photobooth – A+

Everyone we had contact with at Showtime Photobooth was very friendly and customer service oriented.  The person running the photobooth at the reception was very professional and did a nice job.  Our guests had a fun time picking out props to use for their photos and were happy that they got to leave with a print-out of their photos to take home with them.  We’ve seen the online gallery of photos already and they were a lot of fun.  We’re also going to be receiving a CD with all of the images, so we can print some out for us to keep if we want to.  So cool!  If you’re going to be having kids at your reception at all, I highly recommend having Showtime Photobooth there as they will help entertain the little ones.

Hair – Bo at Beauty First – A+              

I went through Beauty First on Shelbyville Road for my wedding hair.  The woman there that usually cuts my hair is named Bo, and I had her do my wedding hair.  I did pay extra to have Bo come to me on my wedding day so I would not have to travel.  My wedding hairstyle was beautiful!  Bo showed my friends and family how to put my veil in, so they would be ready to help after I got into my dress.  Bo does do the majority of the bridal hair at Beauty First, so I would definitely recommend her for your wedding hair. 

Makeup – Ashley Corsi at Perfect Complexions – A+

I opted to have airbrush makeup done for my wedding and I’m so glad that I did!  Ashley at Perfect Complexions did a fabulous job.  My skin tends to be a little sensitive and the airbrush makeup covered up my redness beautifully.  As an added bonus, Ashley applied false eyelashes for me and I loved how it looked!  I don’t tend to wear much makeup ordinarily, but I feel like Ashley did a great job of working with me to create the perfect look.  I felt like I still looked like me, just more enhanced.  I got so many compliments on my wedding makeup! 

Rentals – Ballou’s Rent-All – A+

Our caterer tends to use Ballou’s for event rentals, and I can see why.  Their products are great and their customer service is wonderful.  We rented our dishes and napkins from them and we were very pleased with how everything looked.  Price-wise, they were very comparable to other rental companies in the Louisville area.

Rehearsal Dinner – BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse – A+

My husband and I booked the party room at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse at Oxmoor Mall for our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding.  We met with a manager named Amanda, and she helped us create our menu.  We were able to accommodate some special food issues (gluten-free, vegetarian, etc), and the prices were fantastic.  The staff that helped with our dinner was amazing and the food was yummy.  No one went home hungry and we even had tons of leftovers.  We were even able to bring in our own dessert, so we picked up some cupcakes from Gigi’s.  Our rehearsal dinner was perfect!

Re: Vendor reviews from my 4/13/13 wedding

• Options
    My good friend got married at Julian Chapel and had the reception at Shall We Dance. Both were amazing and beautiful without much additional decor. From what she said, both places were very accommodating and a bride's dream to work with.
  • Options
    How did you set up at Shall We Dance? I am using that as my reception place in December and am wondering the best set up. We are having about 90 guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards