Not Engaged Yet

Memorial Day Weekend

Even though it is Wednesday, I'm thinking about Memorial Day weekend already.  What are you all doing this upcoming long-weekend?  Would you rather be doing something else?

H and I are going to the Indy 500 with friends and staying in a cabin (hopefully not a spooky one) in the woods.  I've never been to the Indy 500...any advice from anyone who has?  I've been told drinking starts at 8 a.m. the day of the race...but maybe that is just the experience of my lush-like friends.  :)   

Re: Memorial Day Weekend

• laurenb09 said:
    I cannot express how much I am looking forward to this weekend.  I'm doing a drug trial on my mice this summer and this will be the last weekend I have until like...August.  We'll probably spend most of Saturday and Sunday just relaxing and cleaning, then on Monday we'll go to a friend's house for a BBQ.  I will make my guac and H will do cut up pineapple and watermelon to soak in vodka.
    Yummy, especially the watermelon soaked vodka.  That sounds awesome.
  • I cannot wait for this weekend! BF usually works Saturdays but was able to get Sat-Mon off so a whole long weekend with him will be fun. Saturday we're having some friends over for bbq, drinks, fire pit nonsense and Cards Against Humanity. Probably somone will jump in the pool but will burn off a limb or something since there's so much freaking chlorine in the pool.

I have no idea what we're doing for the rest of the weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I don't have much in the way of plans yet, but I'm pretty excited just to have a long weekend!  I know that Sunday night we have dinner plans in the city with BF's family to celebrate his BIL's birthday, so we definitely can't go away anywhere.  We discussed possibly getting a hotel in the city for a night or two, so that could be fun.  BF also mentioned possibly seeing a few jewelers, but I'm not sure if he's going to follow through with that--I'm starting to think he may already have something in the works.  Regardless, I have no intentions of bringing it up.

The Indy 500 sounds exciting!  I've never been and have nothing in the way of advice, but have fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @buddysmom80 - I Googled "Cards Against Humanity" since I've never played it...might have to try to get that for the cabin-trip.  :)
  • @minskat30 this will be our first time playing it. Usually we play Apples to Apples so it's kind of the same game, just different cards.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I've never been to the Indy 500 but it sounds like a good time...drinking from 8:00a.m. till whenever wouldn't work for me though, I'd be out by noon.

I'm sooo excited for a day off of work! I need it beyond belief! FI and I have a lot going on this weekend to include a cookout, going to the lake, visiting family, etc... During all that craziness I really need to clean my car..I've been neglecting it. I also want to go shopping for sexy things for the wedding night/honeymoon. I spotted some things at Victoria's Secret the other day and I didn't get a whole lot of time to browse but I want to go back and look if I get a chance.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Well, before this thread I had no plans for the whole weekend. However, I just decided I'll be going to @buddysmom80's on Saturday, nursing my hangover on Sunday, and then tagging along with @laurenb09 and Mr.Sak on Monday. Woo! 

Really, though, I have no plans. I might be doing brunch on Sunday but that's it. I'm a loser. 

• @buddysmom80 - I'm obsessed with Cards Against Humanity. I've never laughed so hard in my life playing that game. 
  • @rdr716 come on over! You know there will be guacamole!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    @buddysmom80 -- Do you promise on all that is holy that there will be no mayo in it?

• @mhollister89 if there are any interesting combinations, I'll take a picture and share with you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @rdr716 - You want to come to Indy?  :)  Why not fit that in on Sunday so you can really nurse your hangover.

@mhhollister89 - I don't think I can drink from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. so I'm going to have to schedule a break in there if I don't want to pass out.  I bought so much stuff from V.S. for our honeymoon.  I think that was half of my suitcase...I love that store.

• I'm trying to keep gaming off this upcoming weekend. BF was just on a business trip, and I want him to myself for a little while ...
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

rdr716 said:
    Well, before this thread I had no plans for the whole weekend. However, I just decided I'll be going to @buddysmom80's on Saturday, nursing my hangover on Sunday, and then tagging along with @laurenb09 and Mr.Sak on Monday. Woo! 

Really, though, I have no plans. I might be doing brunch on Sunday but that's it. I'm a loser. 
    You too?  Then I'll see you there!  I'll be house sitting for my sister this weekend and checking in on her 3 cats.  On Sunday we have a friend's birthday party and a different friend's going away party.  Other than that, I am not sure what else we have going on just yet.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @minskat30 -- I'll come to drink some more (best way to cure a hangover!) but I'll pass on the race thing. I don't understand car racing at all. Watching them drive in circles for hours on end is so strange to me.

• @mhollister89 if there are any interesting combinations, I'll take a picture and share with you!
    Yes please do! 
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Cards Against Humanity is the best game ever. Waaay more fun than Apples to Apples (although not really family friendly)

DH and I are going to a wedding out of town this weekend. We're leaving Friday early afternoon so I'm already so excited to go. We're going with 2 other people and staying in a little cabin for the weekend just outside of Bloomington, IN. The wedding is Saturday evening so that'll be fun, but the rest of the time we're going to explore the city and also try to fit in a long hike and some camp fires :) YAY!
  • Family friendly is overrated, anyway. CAH is awesome.
  • @minskat, never been to the Indy 500, but hope you have a great time! Sounds like it will be plenty of fun :)

I work 7a-7p both days this weekend. Sigh. I have Memorial Day off, but BF will be cutting hay, so no DC trip for us for a while. Sigh. It's not gonna be a winner for me, but at least I'll making some money, I guess.
  • we will be doing tornado clean up.  it's my brother's birthday so I think we will try to do something for him, too.  I totally forgot it was a holiday coming up!
  • I totally forgot memorial day weekend was coming up. BF is out of town until Sunday evening so I will be just hanging out with the dog, not doing anything exciting. BF and I will kick of a summer full of hiking and camping next weekend :)

@buddysmom80 - Cards Against Humanity is awesome (way better and much more inappropriate than Apples to Apples)! My brother made it (printed off all the cards and laminated them for me) for Christmas and my mom sent me an extension pack for Easter (totally an appropriate Easter present, yes?).

• Saturday we have a BBQ with friends and also on Sunday.  I'm looking forward to that. We both have off Monday too which is nice. I hope FI can get started on the process of put in a paver patio in the backyard,  He wants to do it before it gets too hot out.

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    CAH is so spectacular! I've only played a few times, but the games take forever because we end up laughing so hard. We own Apples to Apples, which I still love, but CAH just takes it to a whole 'nother level.

We're having a boring Saturday and Memorial Day, but Sunday we're going to the Sox game, and then to my cousin's birthday party for dinner.

I'm also VERY excited because on Friday after work, we're going to a local jewelry store to resize the ring my partner gave me for Valentine's Day, and while we're there, we're officially going to start ring shopping. EEP.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • It's another Horse Show weekend for us. Saturday we'll be at the barn all day. Bean and I will spend the night at trainer's house Saturday night. We'll probably play some Phase 10 and drink beers. Since Bean is the only one showing on Sunday, we won't have to get up at 4am like we usually do on show days. That'll be a very nice change.

At the show, I've got to take a ton of photos to work into a slide show that Bean is going to set to music for his talent show. The music teacher is making it mandatory, and it counts for 1/2 of their final grade. I think forcing a kid, who could suffer from extreme social anxiety, is not cool. Bean suffers from some social anxiety, but it's not the worst. But he does get very nervous about standing up, on his own, in front of a group of people. I'm not thrilled with this teacher. We're just trying to make the best of it.

Hopefully on Sunday Night or Monday, el Senor and I will be able to actually celebrate our anniversary. Last night turned into a bit of a shit show. His car died when he stopped for beer at the 7-11, then the owner threatened to tow it, and it miraculously started. So there was a lot of driving back and forth.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• CAH is the BEST game ever. Just make sure there aren't any overly politically correct/sensitive people around... Some of the cards are horrifically inappropriate!

My best/worst decision ever? Black card: Daddy, why is mommy crying? White cards: half-assed foreplay, Justin Beiber, AIDS. I almost peed my pants. (I picked JB, for the record)

This weekend was supposed to be camping Friday, Dave Matthews Saturday, then to Boston Sunday/Monday and Maine for the rest of the week. However, it's supposed to be rainy & nasty all weekend, so I'm going to Boston (to see Liv!!) tomorrow & Saturday, then up to Maine. :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My mom and her two best friends are coming up on Saturday to visit my twin niece and nephew (3 months old) and to meet my BF (one of her friends has not met him yet).  Sunday we have a cookout with friends...  Monday will be spent working around the house getting ready for BF's parents to come into town for the Memorial Tournament.  They are not staying with us, but I want their first impression of my (well, OUR house now!!!) to be a good one.  
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • @brisox81 everyone who is coming over loves being inappropriate so I think we'll have a good group. Last time we all got together we played Apples to Apples I was drunk and told everyone I won, my bf's friend called me a lying bitch since he won and his gf got pissed. So we're pretty unappropriate, the gf is just uptight sometimes, she'll get over it. I thought him calling me a lying bitch was quite funny.

I really hope the weather clears up, it's forecasting to be crappy all weekend here. :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I will probably be a lazy ass bum all weekend. Spend time with R, drink, sleep, sexy times, may e hit up the beach or the pool. Grill a bit and relax.

Super exciting, no?
  • My mom's birthday is on Saturday so BF and I are going to Outback Steakhouse at noon for her birthday lunch. My brother and sister-in-law and both sets of grandparents are coming too so it should be fun. 

And on Sunday, BF and I are spending the WHOLE day together! I'm so excited because BF never gets the whole weekend off, he usually has to work at least part of it. 

After Sunday, I don't know what I'm doing. Probably nothing though.

And I have never heard of Cards Against Humanity but I am definitely playing it next time BF and I have friends over! We are all very inappropriate so it's perfect :)
  • Saturday we're going grocery shopping, then I might spend the day at the pool.

Sunday M and I are going to play tourist.  We talked about doing the Smithsonian, but we also might do the Mansion on O St (click).  We'll have lunch out downtown, and then I'll probably pick something fancy up to cook for dinner.

Monday we have a long run and a BBQ at M's place.
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards