Wedding Reception Forum

prevent farting on the dancefloor

I've been to a lot of weddings where someone would fart on the dancefloor and it would clear the room.  Like rotten eggs smell.  What do I serve for dinner to keep lots of farting from happening?  I want to keep the party going

I already know no beans, broccoli

Re: prevent farting on the dancefloor

• Ummmmm...I'm afraid it happens. People won't storm out in horror, I promise.
  • Is this really a common occurrence? Who realizes they need to fart in a group of people and just keeps dancing?
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    jerseyang said:
    I've been to a lot of weddings where someone would fart on the dancefloor and it would clear the room.  Like rotten eggs smell.  What do I serve for dinner to keep lots of farting from happening?  I want to keep the party going

I don't know if it's the dinner so much as the booze. I seem to remember this same scenario many a time in the bars in college.

I do love that this is a concern for you. You do realize you're marrying a man right? They tend to have some wonderful odors that you'll get to cherish for the rest of your life. Enjoy!

• Thanks for the laugh.

I've been to some 45+ weddings in my time and I know some pretty gassy people.  I have to say I've never know this to be a problem.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • OP, please tell me that this post is a joke.  If not, then this has to be the most ridiculous question asked ever!

• LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Seriously??? LMFAO!!!!! Is this for real??  I keep thinking about the song by Gap Band..."you dropped a bomb on me!" OP...maybe your entertainers..DJ/Band should have this song ready at the drop of a toot!!! ;)

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Wait, what? I've never had a wedding before. Is this something I should be concerned about? 

*looks around* 

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It should probably be put in the program, and then announced again at the reception.  No cameras, no boxed gifts, no farting, and please, absolutely no fun or merry-making.

• lisabeats said:
    It should probably be put in the program, and then announced again at the reception.  No cameras, no boxed gifts, no farting, and please, absolutely no fun or merry-making.
    This was an admittedly snarky post, but I don't take it back.
  • I shit myself in my office today. No one seemed to mind. I think you're overreacting.  People love farts. Why would you take this away from your guests?

Figured I'd answer a ridiculous question with an equally ridiculous answer. 
  • You guys... I've been waiting all day for someone to take my immature idea, and so far you've failed to stoop to my level. Butt. Plugs.
    Yes, have them as favors and then you can kill two birds with one stone!

• Just don't feed or allow them to drink and you should be fine.
  • jerseyang said:

Serve whatever you want for dinner.  Just have nose plugs for favors at each place setting and everyone can put them on before they hit the dance floor.  Good luck! 
  • How about a fart patio?  (link)  I would have your venue set up a bar out there for convenience.  
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Viczaesar said:
    You guys... I've been waiting all day for someone to take my immature idea, and so far you've failed to stoop to my level. Butt. Plugs.
    Yes, have them as favors and then you can kill two birds with one stone!
    That won't work! The pressure is just going to build up until people spontaneously combust into big, green, smelly fart clouds!
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    Don't hate - aerate!

ETA: 

Don't hate - ventilate!

• So, butt plugs are a no?

What about corks?  If it works for wine, it'll work for farts!!  And it's organic!  And when your wedding is over, you can re-purpose your 'tush corks' (because they are decidedly NOT those offensive BUTT PLUGS) into a backsplash in your kitchen!  Look, here's a DIY!

Just set them out in a pretty, be-ribboned basket beside the dance floor so your guests can insert them!

And just think of the fun you'll have drinking enough wine to generate all the corks you'll need!

You're welcome!

• PEOPLE. YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. 

It isn't FARTS we should be concerned about.. it's SHARTS. This is a MUCH bigger issue.

• LMc0322 said:

PEOPLE. YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT. 

It isn't FARTS we should be concerned about.. it's SHARTS. This is a MUCH bigger issue.

You know, I can agree with this.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

• As long as you put it on a cute little sign it will be fine.

"No sharting. Thank you for your cooperation."

Anniversary

• I think we need a cute poem to go on @dreamergirl8812's cute little sign. I'm not that creative. Anyone else?
  • edited May 2013
    Sharing is caring,
    But sharting is parting.

Anniversary

• Is this why they used to give out match books as wedding favors?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards