Ohio-Cleveland

Budget venue

Which of the budget friendly venues do you suggest?

Re: Budget venue

• s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    It needs to be on the west side. I live in parma. Probably around 250 people. Not sure on ceremony yet.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I'm having mine at Ridge Manor in Brooklyn just north of Ridge Park Square.  It'll hold up to 350, I believe.  You bring your own alcohol which is always a huge money saver and I love that so much is included (NICE centerpieces, the card box, linens, tax/gratuity, etc.). Sharon has also been wonderful to work with.
  • try the astrodome in parma. I looked there and it's nice and seems pretty reasonably priced. I just don't have enough people for it
  • s2005s2005 member
    How much did they quote you?

Ridge manor and astrodome.

Also, do you know how many people you have to have for the astrodome?
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    I think Ridge Manor is 42/person. It includes everything but liquor and wine but it does include 2 beers and everything else you could think of.
  • s2005s2005 member
    Both of those are out of my budget. But ridge may be worth if since it includes everything. I wasn't trying to go over 35 a person.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    I'd look at Michauds then.  It's going to be a tough thing to stay within at $35/person.  You could just do beer & wine at either Michauds or Ridge Manor.  I'm just serving Charles Shaw ($43/case or so?  It's super tasty yet cheap!  Ridge Manor also includes one bartender for every 100 guests and security, those are things a lot of people charge more for. It's also a SIX hour reception, longer than most.
  • s2005s2005 member
    Thanks for all your suggestions.

I thought about looking at belarusan. But I heard there are some hidden expenses. I don't think they include chair and table covers or any bar mixes (soda etc). I think you have to pay for security as well.

Ridge manor may be a better deal since it includes so much.
  • AiletaAileta member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2013
    i would try bella in stongsville ($1k ). there is also La Villa on brookpark in parma across from the chevy plant.  i looked at them the opal room was 750 and the grand ball room was i think 1 grand ish maybe a lil less.  and pending the month of the wedding you can get Chalet in strongsville for 1200 ( chalets rate does not chage per party size. nor does lavilla.) for the entire day and you get the entire grounds the lodge building and table chairs an out door tent they dont do anything past september  because the building has no heat just a giant fireplace. The place holds quite an amount too. 

i went with a resturant myself so i could get the room for the price of the catering only . so i will only have to payout 27 per guest and i get all services break down  set up cake cuttning and all that jazz for buffext tax and grat. then again i have a smaller wedding too. my venue is Amber oaks in sheffield lake.  its decent and very cost friendly. the patio is beautiful if i could move my date up for my wedding to be on the patio i would but november is too flippin cold. 
  • AiletaAileta member
    edited May 2013
    i should add if you need catering oldschool house and sterks are some of the cheapest around in the north east ohio area. sterks low end buffet starts i think at 11 or 12 a guest  and goes up to mid 20s.  they are based out of vermillion my mom had them at her wedding and they were good.  and then my brother had old school house at his two yeas ago and they were good too.  i would recomend both. old school house i believe starts their buffet at 13 per person
  • s2005s2005 member
    I'm not originally from here. I've never heard of bella. Do they have a website? I couldn't find anything to request info.

Thank you!
  • mlg78mlg78 member

Erin - this is what she's talking about: http://www.buccis.net/j_bella.html 

Also, I have found a TON of good deals on vendors so feel free to email me and I'll give ya the scoop. I'm a complete bargain hunter for this wedding stuff. :)mlgraham78@gmail.com

• Maple Heights Catering has a few sites he catered to on the westide and Im paying 28/pp he provides soft drinks and beer we provide the alcohol. Mhcatering.com
  • If you are willing to try the Akron/Canton area, you can find some great deals there.  My coworker recently got married at Chenoweth Country Club in Akron, I think her prices were around $36 a person or something like that - which included the open bar.  There also is a place called Elm Ridge Party Center in Canal Fulton - VERY low prices - totally worth having your reception at a party center.  Worth looking into if you are on a tight budget.  They have an all inclusive deal that is like DJ photog cake and reception for 5K or something like that.  Worth looking into.
  • s2005s2005 member
    Unfortunately I won't be willing to go that far. I already have family coming for the Toledo area and I don't want both sides of the family having to drive far. But thank you for the suggestion.
  • AiletaAileta member
    edited May 2013
    Im sorry i should have posted the sites. i feel you on the traveling part  i can't go far from cleveland but i can't go to far into cleveland either.  i have family in elyria  and two people already coming from cali and NM. then my fiances parents are older and don't know their way around outside of their own little environment very well so it kept me pretty limited.  as is i think i will have to find a way to get transportation for my MiL and my FiL. 

this is chalet : http://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/Main/Chalet-Rental.aspx

you can bring catering and do your own bar as well.  and its 1200 no matter the party size  just keep in mind the inside is a lil smaller but there is an outdoor tent wiht seating included in the price. and its a beautiful area.  very close to i-80 ( the turnpike seriously one intersection away) so they could take the turnpike the entire way there.  

and this is la villa on brook park: http://lavillabanquetcenter.com/
    now the picture for the opal room may be new that was not up a few months ago when i was looking at it and that picture resembles NOTHING to what i saw but they were doing renovationsto the room. i am hoping it would look nicer should it be something you may be interested in. 
    Lavilla though provides table linens and dining utensils. everything but centerpieces.  now there is a no charge linnen list and ones that will cost a bit extra.  they don't have the extra hidden fees  lavilla is close to i480 so your family would have to take  i80 to ext 151 get off there at 480 and continue down to brook park road and then make i think its a left and continue down to chevy blvd. 

bella lavilla and chalet are all going to be at least a two hour drive.  now there are places if you can travel more west there is the rose cafe and its right on the lake and ran by delucas a place in the park. they can be found here. http://www.rosecafeatlakeview.com/ you can marry on the beach for free they even have like a wedding platform too right out side and there is built in seating  into the hill side so  you dont have to worry about any sort of rentals pending what you do. 

and then amber oaks: http://www.amberoaksrestaurant.com/  they are also not far from the lake right across the street.  and the patio courtyard is beautiful. 

both amber oaks and the rose cafe your toledo family would take 90/80 and get off at rt 58 and go north to route 6 for the rose cafe. and the amberoaks they would have to travel a bit further  on 90 towards avon and get off i think at the rt 611 exit?  all are pretty easy and streamlined places to get to from toledo hate to make your family drive way out of the way for a place. from cleveland avon is still much closer compared to what toledo would have to drive and they should be willing to make the bend  that is why i chose places in avon its like a halfway point almost. 
  • I am having my reception at St, Mary's cyrstal chalet.  The hall is beautiful and they worlk with bella catering.  We are paying $38 a person and that includes alcohol. 
  • s2005s2005 member
    Does st Mary's crystal chalet have a web page? I wanted to email them for more info but can't find anything. :(
  • s2005s2005 member
    Thanks aileta!
  • We're having ours at the Brookridge in Brooklyn. About $40/person for dinner & hors d'oeuvres. You can provide your own alcohol
  • We are going with the Columbia Ballroom in Columbia Station.  Its a rustic place.  The food is about $26-29 a person and drinks at $13-$16 per person.  But they will work with you...if you know that people wont be drinking or have kids, its only like $5.95 a person for drinks then.  They dont have an actual website, but they are on facebook with lots of pictures available :)
  • Bella Catering Website - http://www.bellacateringandevents.com/Venues.html

I talked to Patrick for everything including for the hall then the facebook page for the hall is https://www.facebook.com/TheCrystalChalet?ref=ts&fref=ts

Hope this helps!

• s2005s2005 member
    Thank you
  • I am also wondering about venues in the Cleveland area that allow you to bring your own alcohol? Does anyone know if La Villa or the Astrodome allow you to bring your own alcohol? Also Does anyone know many people you have to have to use the astrodome? I may only have 150 to 175 guests but I love that venue! If anyone has any other suggestions I'm willing to go east a bit but not South (Akron)?
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    reiderlm said:
    I am also wondering about venues in the Cleveland area that allow you to bring your own alcohol? Does anyone know if La Villa or the Astrodome allow you to bring your own alcohol? Also Does anyone know many people you have to have to use the astrodome? I may only have 150 to 175 guests but I love that venue! If anyone has any other suggestions I'm willing to go east a bit but not South (Akron)?
    I only know of Michauds and Ridge Manor which I mentioned above.  I believe you need more than that for the Astrodome.
  • ktbird87ktbird87 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013
    From what I understand, St. Clarence Church in North Olmsted uses Ahern catering and can be $30-35/person and then you bring alcohol. It has a pavilion feel, although it's indoor, and has windows that slide open to give it an outdoor feel.

http://www.aherncatering.com/bstclarence.html
  • I called Ahern and you can't bring alcohol they provide it. It would be perfect if you could.
  • s2005s2005 member
    Reiderlm-you can not provide ur own alcohol at astrodome.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    We had our reception at the Belarusan American Community Center in Strongsville and you can BYOB there. They provided non-alcoholic beverages at the time but I don't know if it is different now. I thought it was a good deal and it was nice that they only do one party at a time, unlike Michauds. Also, IMO Belarusan has better food than Michauds. I liked that the Belarusan supplied basic decor including colored linens. I didn't care about chair covers but most places don't include them in the price anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • s2005s2005 member
    I like belarusan. You can no longer bring your own alcohol.

My new search is for a ceremony and reception location all in one. Unless I'm able to find a reasonable indoor ceremony site that can hold 200+ ppl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards