Minnesota

Minnesota wedding on a budget- looking for a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol

Hello future brides :)

I just started looking into wedding venues (newly engaged!!), and there are only a few things that my fiance and I are picky about. First, we are trying to find a venue, in our around the Twin Cities area (honestly, anywhere within an hour or an hour and a half of the city), that allow you to bring in your own alcohol. I have found several places that will allow you to bring in your own licensed liquor caterer, but I am talking about a venue which would allow you to bring in beer and wine (and liquor too, if possible), where you can serve it on your own. It would be awesome if this venue also allowed for you to bring in your own caterer as well, but that is less important.

Our alcohol budget is going to be around $800 to $1000, and I know that with my size group (200 or so), that would go VERY quick if we had to hire a liquor caterer or had to go to a place that charged an arm and a leg for alcohol.

If you have any ideas on budgeting for alcohol, or if you think i could make $800 to $1000 work for my size group, I would love to hear suggestions, as well. Or suggestions on lower budget (around $10,000) venues as well. We are looking for a place to have the wedding and the reception all in one. Like I said, I have just started and any input is greatly appreciated :)

Re: Minnesota wedding on a budget- looking for a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol

• jerneyjerney member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    the Park ballroom in New prague  is a great place!
  • Look into Campgrounds :)
  • One thing you have to be carefull with is liability. One of the things cateers have is the liscense that takes the liability off of you. Many locations that allow you to bring in your own liquor will require you to carry insurance incase something happens
  • Thanks for all the advice :) My fiance and I decided on the Washington County Historic Courthouse! They allow you to bring in your own beer and wine and any caterer you would like. VERY excited. They do require liability insurance (and as a personal injury attorney, I understand why ;)), but it is very affordable. We are very excited!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards