Not Engaged Yet

Lord, help me to keep my cool.

I am a teacher, I work with children on a daily basis and I enjoy them. But, is it wrong for me to want to bend my younger cousin that is almost 12 years old over my knee and spank his butt because he is an unruly and undisciplined child. I have asked him nicely to turn off the wifi on all the other computers and Ipads because I need to teach my classes. He said he has everything off but he's always messing with the computers and the internet and now my classes are running extremely slow. I am usually patient with children, but I'm about to lose my cool! UGH! Sorry, just wanted to gripe!

Re: Lord, help me to keep my cool.

• He's 12. If you want the wifi turned off, and be assured that it's been done correctly, go around and do it yourself. I get being frustrated, but he's a 12 yr old boy. I'm guessing that if you work with kids, you should know that 12 yr old boys are very easily distracted.

This infraction doesn't warrant a butt whooping, in my opinion.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• What Bean said.
  • 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I work with 12 year olds, and I get it. You ask twice and then you allow them to make a final choice- follow direction or receive a consequence. Maybe now's a good time to take ipad and computer privileges away since it is preventing you from working. Don't battle this one out, just do it yourself and keep calm!
  • Thanks, I guess I was just stressed out so I wasn't thinking clearly. Plus, this kid isn't very well disciplined, in fact, I don't think he's been disciplined his whole life, but things are better now.
  • I think it's really easy to get upset with the child, since they're the one presenting the behavior. I'll admit I've been one to react by saying "What a little shit!" But, if he's never been taught what is and isn't appropriate behavior (through being led by example, and also through the use of concequences), it's harder to fault him. Get angry with the parents/guardians who let this go on for so long. Then take this opportunity to be that leader that he's never had!

Good luck, drink wine, take a deep breath.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards