Wedding Invitations & Paper

4"x6" menu cards?

This is paper, so I guess this is the right board! We've ordered double-sided 4x6 frames for our reception (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JZX51O/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1) and I'd like to include table numbers on one side and menu cards on the other. [Our reception will be a fairly casual, outdoor - under a tent - buffet]. We got our invites from WeddingPaperDivas and were really pleased with them, so I was thinking I would use them again for this. Trouble is that all of their menu cards are 5x7. FI has suggested we consider scrapping menu cards altogether and that wouldn't be the end of the world, but I thought it would be nice for people to be able to see them during our cocktail hour so they know what to expect for dinner. SO, does anyone have other suggestions for where to find 4x6 menus and table numbers?
Anniversary

Re: 4"x6" menu cards?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Since they'll be in frames, no one will be able to tell the quality of the paper. Either print them out on your home computer and cut to fit in the frame, or get them printed out as Matte photos at Walgreens/wherever (glossy would probably create too much glare).
  • I agree with @itzMS to just do them on your home computer.  I did our table numbers and programs on our home computer and printer, and they turned out really nice.  It wasn't hard to do either, and I am definitely not a DIY person.  I just got some nice card stock and download a free font from www.dafont.com.

I really think that it would be fine to skip them, though.  I mean, if it is a buffet, it's not like people have different options for what to order for dinner.  So, having menu cards wouldn't be necessary.
  • Thank you both! Already decided to scrap the menu cards altogether. I think this just became one of those little wedding details that I was thinking waaaay too much about.
    Anniversary
  • I made my own and they were that size. I picked the option in word to type in columns, typed up the menu on one side & copied it to the other. Using the column option helped me to make sure the wording was centered on each side. The reason I did two columns was to avoid wasting paper. I found a very nice heavy stock paper at the office supply store. You could go with something different since yours will be in frames. I printed them out and then bought a nice paper cutter from the craft store, cut the paper to size of what I needed. Since I put them on each plate I got a cute corner cutter from the craft store to add decrotive corners to them. Took a little bit of time, but they turned out nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards