African American Weddings

Vendor tipping

I ran across an article for this- COPIED and pasted below incase you don't wanna click on the link lol: http://prettypearbride.com/wedding-tip-thursday-tip-your-vendors/

Planning a wedding is a busy time, and for most (especially the brides) they are not thinking about tipping their vendors they are only thinking about the total cost and making sure everything fits within budget. I know when I was getting married I did not think about tipping my vendors, and closer to the wedding I was advised that it is customary to tip.

While it is certainly not a requirement, but if you feel the person has done an exceptional job why not throw in a tip?

If you have developed a friendship/bond with your vendors and would like to do something different than just adding a little something extra to the tab. Think about sending a thank you card with a gift after your wedding, flowers, or maybe even an Edible Arrangement? A token of your appreciation that shows your gratitude differently.

However, if you just want all the wedding planning stress to be over Pretty Pear Bride has compiled a list below of vendors and suggested gratuity amounts:

Caterer/Banquet Manager: 15%-20% is usually included in the contract. However, if it is not an extra $1.00-$2.00 per guest is suggested.

Bartenders: Did you hire your own? Are your guests tipping? If your guests are not tipping 15%-20% is suggested.

Limo Drivers: 15%-20% is suggested.

DJ’s: 15%-20% is suggested.

Bands: An extra $25 per band member is suggested.

Photographers & Videographers: 15% is suggested. Check your contract gratuity may be included.

Florists: 15% is suggested. Check your contract gratuity may be included.

Bakers: 15% is suggested.

Restroom/ Coat Check Personnel: Are your guests tipping? If not the host is usually responsible for tipping at the end of the event. $0.50-$1.00 per guest is suggested.

Parking Attendants: If your guests are tipping then you normally don’t have to contribute. If they are not $1.00-$2.00 per car is suggested.

Officiants: It is appropriate for a clergy member (priest, rabbi, minister, etc.) to accept gratuities or a donation along with their regular fee if they do charge one. However, civil officiants (judges, clerks, etc.) receive a flat fee and are usually not allowed to accept gratuities. For a clergy member $75-$100 is recommended as a tip or donation.

Wedding Planners: Check the contract as it may be included, if not 10%-20% is recommended.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Vendor tipping

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    thats very interesting but how does that work if everyone was all inclusive and one doesnt really get a chance to interact with the vendors?

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • LeciaB said:
    thats very interesting but how does that work if everyone was all inclusive and one doesnt really get a chance to interact with the vendors?
    My thoughts exactly
  • LeciaB said:
    like all those people are the venue's staff?  if so, it's already in the contract.  otherwise you've had the opportunity to meet them when you chose them.   Do I have to start holl'in up in here, ya'll better be going to those contract signings with a dayum magnifying glass.  No lol, you do not want your wedding pictures to look like you have Aspergers, read that shyt.
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    LeciaB said:
    like all those people are the venue's staff?  if so, it's already in the contract.  otherwise you've had the opportunity to meet them when you chose them.   Do I have to start holl'in up in here, ya'll better be going to those contract signings with a dayum magnifying glass.  No lol, you do not want your wedding pictures to look like you have Aspergers, read that shyt.

you and this one liners are really making my day.......you are going to clown me then because I didnt sign individual contracts it was just one big one

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • edited May 2013
    LeciaB said:
    LeciaB said:

you and this one liners are really making my day.......you are going to clown me then because I didnt sign individual contracts it was just one big one
    luvie I only ever get to good and ridicule-ing if I know you giggling too.  now then, no clowning, real talk: don't care how many contracts there were, as long as one of ya'll read that.   The caterer we signed with initially?  nearly had my ass removed because I would not leave the tasting until I'd read the print, the fine print, the whatthefuqthatrightthursay print, baby allllll that. amy was her name, sweet girl until that day.  she was like you don't HAVE to read every line.  I was like bish this a food contract, you didn't HAVE to make it 12 pages long.  *deadstare*  point?  glad you asked :)  your dime, don't leave until you know what they know.
  • sultryzulu
    The caterer we signed with initially?  nearly had my ass removed because I would not leave the tasting until I'd read the print, the fine print, the whatthefuqthatrightthursay print, baby allllll that. amy was her name, sweet girl until that day.  she was like you don't HAVE to read every line.  I was like bish this a food contract, you didn't HAVE to make it 12 pages long.  *deadstare* 
    This right here LOL LOL LOL I CANT BREEVE......lol lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• edited May 2013

LMAO!!

bye ya'll.
  • closes lid of piano
    gets up
    time to go yall 
    bbwwaahhh

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest