Students

WEEKEND!

Yay it's almost the weekend!  What are you doing?
Today: I'm taking a German test and then I am free!  I should work on my papers but I will probably fuck around. lol
Tomorrow: Since it's our one year this weekend, H and I are driving to a near by city with wineries and we are getting massages that day.  I also hope to see Star Trek 2!
Sunday: Go wine tasting! Watch tv and take a bubble bath!
Monday: It's our anniversary!  Sleep in and then drive home.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: WEEKEND!

• WooHoo!!  I have a baby shower for my FI cowroker to go to tonight.  But since I finished school on Tuesday (and my weekend job ended on Sunday) I plan on relaxing this weekend! Hopefully if the weather is nice I can take my dog to the park.

@ravenray - Happy anniversary weekend!!  Your wine tasting trip sounds so fun, relaxing & romantic - enjoy!!  :D

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks ladies :)

Artteacher- that sounds like a nice time.  What kind of dog do you have?  Can we see a picture? 

Elbecko- Your date night sounds fun!  I'm sorry your FI is leaving though, that is tough.  Your wedding dress shopping sound awesome though!  I also love wedding dress shopping!  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Today- Went ring shopping and picked my wedding band :)
    Tomorrow- I am beyond excited. So it is my fiance's birthday in a week (turning 22!). I had him convinced we are doing wedding stuff all day tomorrow. But really, we are going to see the new star trek movie, go eat at Fogo de Chao (expensive brazilian steakhouse he has never been to) and then going to see a play at the Shakespeare Tavern that he told me he wanted to see 2 months ago. I can't wait to see his face when he realizes that the wedding plans for tomorrow are not real. His is gonna be so excited!!
    Sunday- Running the tech booth at church, so I will be there from 7am to 1 pm. Then lunch with friends and doing whatever. 
    Monday- No plans yet. But no school or work!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @katiretriv102491 Can we see pictures of your band?  That is such a neat surprise you have planned for your FI!  He is going to be so excited!  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• There is nothing bizarre about crushing on Benedict.  Nothing at all.  I'm so glad your date night went well! 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• ArtTeacher23ArtTeacher23 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

I can't wait to see the new Star Trek movie!

ravenray - We've got a Boston Terrier, who is almost 7 months old.  Here's a pic of our Murphy boy:

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Oh, yes to a crush on Benedict Cumberbatch.  I cannot wait to hear him as Smaug in the next Hobbit.  I will wait to see the next Star Trek movie.  I will probably end up watching all the previous tv shows and movies once I'm married - my FI has them all and enjoys them immensely, and it is actually something I will probably enjoy as well.
    My weekend started early yesterday - I'm visiting a relative and yesterday we went for a 19km walk, and today we went for another 20km walk.  I have to start training for the 4daagse March, which is 40km X 4 days.  And my feet are sore after only two 20 km walks . . . not good. 
    I should be working on my thesis, but meh!  I'm almost done - I am allowed to slack. 

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    Why did they take it out?  I say we need more shirtless guys in movies!

• Artteacher- He is so cute! 

Elbecko- OMG!  Wow.  Thank you.  It was lovely.  lol  May I also recommend you don't see The Hobbit if you are a huge Tolkien nerd?  I am too and I hated it. Well not hated but it was a very frustrating and disappointing experience for me.  They ruined the troll scene.  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    @ravenray I still loved The Two Towers even though they absolutely ruined my favourite character, Faramir.  I sort of approach movies based on books now as two completely separate things.  If I didn't, I would always be disappointed by the movie.
    But honestly, Faramir would have never even thought about taking the ring from Frodo!  They made him into more of a villain, and he is the most valiant character from Gondor!  Yeah, he has daddy-issues, but Faramir rules and they made him look weak . . . gah!  End Tolkien-related rant.  At least David Wenham is awesome, so that made Faramir a bit better. 

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    @elBecko I am with you there.  Waiting for the LotR movies nearly killed me!  I planned a special day when Return came out - I skipped school, went to the first screening, and celebrated with pizza afterwards with my friends.  Good times!  I was most upset with The Two Towers in that they didn't have Shelob, and I had to wait a whole other year to see the spider scene.  It was one of my favourites in the book (I really didn't see it coming - the whole thing kept me so excited! Crazy Gollum!)

Tom Bombadil is pretty awesome.  There is a LotR tabletop game, and Tom Bombadil cannot be destroyed.  He can't hurt anyone either,  but he can't be killed.  It's interesting . . . What makes him so awesome for you?  His loyalty to Goldberry?  His awesome singing?  I really wish they could have shown him in the films, but I understand that they didn't have time.  His story really makes me want to go hiking.  I know he lives in a forest where the trees try to kill you, but for some odd reason, it still makes me want to find the nearest forest and get lost for the day.

• I just want to let you girls know I loved your posts. <3

Yay for LOTR chats! 
    But first the Hobbit.  I just want to say it is almost nothing like the book.  They added two almost random story lines (one that happens in between the Hobbit and the Fellowship) and change the characters, a LOT.  Nevertheless Morgan Freedman does a great job, it's just not the Bilbo I love from the book.   Also I thought they were making three movies from The Hobbit?  

Ok back to LOTR.

I was also not a fan of Two Towers, except for the humor from Legolos and Gimili and Treebeard.  I was also annoyed that they made Faramir act like that, he is way too noble.  

Elbecko- Tom is one of my favorite characters too!  I was very disappointed when he wasn't in the movie but at the same time I understand, he isn't really essential to the main story line (but I do think he is essential). 

I think Sam is my favorite character and Éowyn.  I just love Sam with all my heart and Éowyn is just a badass.  I love her.  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    @elBecko That game sounds like fun!  I want to play!

For favourite female characters, I go to the Silmarillion.  Luthien is awesome, and the love story between her and Beren is at times over the top but always so great.  For female characters in LoTR, Eowyn.  The whole shield maiden thing is such a cool story line, and she plays such a pivotal role. 

And @ravenray, Sam is my favourite hobbit.  He was so much better than Frodo with his can-do attitude and his loyalty.  Poor sweet Sam, always being right about Gollum but never getting heeded. 

Have you guys seen that crazy cartoon Hobbit?  With Bilbo having huge saucer eyes?  I watched it for the first time recently, and it was quite . . . interesting. 

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    What creepy dancing in that video!

• Yay for Sam!  I love him to death! 

YES!  OMG that cartoon was soooo terrible. Though I did love the "What Bilbo Baggins hates" song.  But yes, just awful but I still enjoyed watching it, even though it was so terrible.  

I also need to reread the Silmarillion.  I read half? Maybe 2/3 but I got lost in all the Elfin names.  It's on my list to try again since I love Tolkien lore. 

Wow, I don't know how I feel about those dances.  I'm slightly freaked out.  lol 

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards