September 2013 Weddings

September 21st, 2013--Last day of summer!

Anyone else tying the knot on the last day of summer 2013? If so, are you going with more of a summer feel or a fall feel to your day?

Re: September 21st, 2013--Last day of summer!

• Me! I'm going with an "us" feel. lol I'm really not paying attention to the seasons at all.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's my wedding date too (in fact I just got back from signing the contract for the reception, yay!).  I'm going for more of a fall theme with my colors.  Thanks for posting that, I didn't realize it was the last day of summer, my fiance will like that as he's a bit of a weather nut!
  • That is my date too!  We are going with a fall theme for the colors; cranberry, pumpkin pie and ivory.  Being in Michigan it will, hopefully, feel more like fall than summer then.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going very neutral!  Doing a blush wedding (light blush pink, tan, coral) because here in Chicago, it can be 80 during the day and 50 at night, so I didn't want to concentrate too much on a specific season!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is the date we chose! Not for it being the last day of summer but for it being past prime wedding season. Places here are booked out 16-18 mo.in advance during the summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Me too!  We're sending off the summer in style.  Nautical theme (our reception is on a yacht) using navy and light blue.
  • edited July 2012
    That's my date too! We're staying away from seasonal colors and going for a more vintage theme (black, white and dark teal). We're thinking of doing cider donuts as favors though :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_september-21st-2013-last-day-of-summer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:3fdb1cb6-6a6f-46d7-acdd-4cd7fecde33bPost:dbb83455-2a29-415b-ba54-9fc7fea5703b">September 21st, 2013--Last day of summer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else tying the knot on the last day of summer 2013? If so, are you going with more of a summer feel or a fall feel to your day?
    Posted by KDHBelanger[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm getting married on that day too!  Weather in California is beautiful around this time.  I am going for more of a summer feel.  My colors are ivory, lavender, other shades of purple, and pops of silver.  I want it to feel soft and romantic.  :D</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awww cool that's my date also everybody picked an awesome date im goin with a country style theme. Itll be blues and silvers for our colors.Smile
  • This is my wedding date also... Our colors are sky blue and orange. Accented with other colors of fall.:
  • I'm going for more of a fall theme, but only with colors and flowers. Merlot and Champagne are my colors, and I'm hoping to do a ton of dahlias and maybe some mums. We're in Michigan too, so hopefully the leaves will start to turn! Just a little? Please? I actually looked at the Farmer's Almanac for all the dates around the 21st, and afterwards it got cold and rainy, and before has been too hot (and too close to Labor Day for my liking) - so I can tell you girls that we all picked an awesome date! At least for Michigan...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah for Sept 21st!! I am going for a fall theme.. Ours is "Fall In Love" My main color is Deep/Dark Purple and bright Orange is my accent! I cant wait!! 
  • edited July 2012
    We are aiming for that date...going to look at a place on Tuesday and I am having a TERRIBLE time deciding on colors!  Don't know whether to use fall colors or summer colors....what do people think about a marigold yellow and deep teal?  Too off beat? What about a peacock blue and red with black? HELP!
  • We're going with more of a "last day of summer" type thing, since we're on a boat. Some people think we're nuts for having a boat wedding in Michigan since looking at weather, it could be anywhere from 40F-80F, you just never know. But I felt like August can get too hot and earlier in September people have Labor Day camping, then Wheatland next weekend, the Irish Fest the following, etc. so we pushed it back to the last weekend of summer :)
  • That's our date as well :) I have no idea what we are doing. I'm starting to lean more towards fall. I thought I was going to do all yellow but not I'm not sure, thought I needed to add more. Now I'm looking into fall. Good luck!
  • Hi! We are having our wedding sept. 21, 2013 too! We are going with a peacock color theme, colors like green, teals, and blues! Green is my favorite color. I can't wait!
  • edited October 2012
    We had to switch our wedding date from June 21 2013 the first day Of summer to September 21 2013 the last day of summer. I live in NY and I am afraid of rain on my wedding date. However reading all the happy ppl who have the same date puts me at ease a little. I'm obsessed with pink so I pretty much wanted all shades of pink. However now I'm thinking or throwing some orange in there. I'm excited to send the summer off in style. My fianc loves the idea of it being the last day of summer.
  • i'm having mine that day too! don't forget to throw in "September" by Earth Wind and Fire where they sing "do you remember the 21st night in September" 

Good luck on planning everyone!
  • We're doing the colors Clover Green, Java Brown and Ivory. It has a hint of fall and a hint of summer all together! Happy Planning y'all!
  • I was already excited to pick the last day of summer, plus my boyfriends birthday is may 21st so 21 is his favorite number, but realizing the date was specifically mentioned in this song just made my day! We love earth wind and fire and didn't even realize about the date even though the song is already on my list to play at the reception. So awesome!
  • That's our date too. We'll have the full moon Sept 19, the moon should still brighten up the night sky on Sept 21...that's what we're hoping for. We are doing a waterfront/beach theme, leaning more toward end of summer feel. Happy planning!!
  • us too! what dock are you leaving from? maybe we'll see you there..
  • My wedding day too!!! Our wedding is in Central Florida, so we are going with summer and muted butter yellow, coral and seafoam colors. I think location has much to do with which "season" works best. I love that you all are getting married on the same day too!
  • Alittle bit of fall in the colors but ours will be a barbecue so it will have that summer feel too!
  • That's our date too! It's a very special day with the equinox AND the moon should still be full. We are sort of embracing the changing nature feel. For colors we think we are doing turquoise and black with green and other shades of blue as well. We are doing an evening ceremony at 7:30 outdoors so that hopefully the sun will set during the ceremony! Our venue also has some fairy fountains that tie it in too.
  • This is such a cool blog. We're most likely picking this date too, as it is naturally falling between a board meeting date for me, and a trip to Hawaii in early October we were already planning. Besides that, our birthdays are in September, so it's our favorite month. We live in Oregon, and sept can be one of the nicest months here. This is not our first marriage, so we want to KISS keep it simple sweetie. Going with an Hawaiian theme where everyone can come in shorts and flip flops if they want. Our friend has offered a piece of property on a river for the venue, so we'll most likely go with a BBQ potluck type reception. If I do pick a color theme, it will involve purple, because that's my favorite color, possibly mixed with blue/green accents. The last day of summer, equinox, fullish moon...what could be better?
  • We are! We are going with an outdoor fall country wedding. Congrats to everyone!
  • lbell7lbell7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    This is my Wedding day as well we are going with Tangerine, Champagne and Ivory... Great day and great minds think alike so many years of marital bliss to all of us... 9/21/2013 Yeeeaaaahhh! 
  • MIXAM08 said:
    Hi! We are having our wedding sept. 21, 2013 too! We are going with a peacock color theme, colors like green, teals, and blues! Green is my favorite color. I can't wait!
    Same date and lots of the same colors! We're not doing peacock theme, but my BM's dresses and colors are David Bridal's Peacock :)
  • We're going with more of a "last day of summer" type thing, since we're on a boat. Some people think we're nuts for having a boat wedding in Michigan since looking at weather, it could be anywhere from 40F-80F, you just never know. But I felt like August can get too hot and earlier in September people have Labor Day camping, then Wheatland next weekend, the Irish Fest the following, etc. so we pushed it back to the last weekend of summer :)
    I'm from Michigan too (GR area) and have the same date! We had the same reasoning as you! I still think we're leaning more towards fall but our ceremony is outdoors in a park!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards