Moms and Maids

My shower.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

My mom and I were just chit chatting last night and she asked who I would want at my shower.

My question is...who do you invite? All the women you invited to the wedding or??? I'm just having a giant brain fartlately when it comes to this stuff.

Re: My shower.

• It depends on how big of a shower you would like. Typically you invite family members, BMs, good friends (your own and of the family), etc. Whoever you invite, they have to be invited to the wedding as well, so make sure they are people who will be getting a wedding invite in the mail.
  • Thank you so much!

I feel like a dodobird lately. I'd prefer small so I'll keep it to family and close friends.

• People say they have Baby Brain when theyre preggers and I fell like I have Wedding brain lol.

Thanks again.

• You don't have to invite every female wedding guest to the shower. But you do have to invite every shower guest to the wedding. Smaller showers, 25 ppl or less, are nice because it gives everyone a chance to socialize. 

• I actually don't want a shower but I have a feeling I have no choice.
  • You definitely have a choice. People can't throw you a party you refuse to attend unless they make it a surprise. And for that, I agree with Retread. Your mom can always squash it on your behalf.  If you truly don't want one, say so. I declined the shower that was offered to me. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'm going to have one just because my mom is SO EXCITED about throwing one(my sister eloped).

I don't like people spending money on me. I know this sounds absolutely crazy but just how I feel.

Even registering for gifts is awkward for me. I wish people would just donate to a charity on our behalf, DONT WORRY I WONT ASK THAT :)

I know it seems ridiculous but maybe I'm crazy lol

• Thanks Retread. Maybe a luncheon is the way to go. I'll mention it to her today:)
  • Good point...I will graciously accept whatever gifts are given to me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards