Wedding Invitations & Paper

Calligraphy Etiquette & RSVP

I have two questions. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1.       I am having a calligrapher address the wedding invitations. She told me that she is typically never asked to also write out the address on the RSVP card. She said this is typically printed. I don’t know much about this but I thought it would make sense to have all the same writing?

2.       If I don’t use calligraphy on the RSVP card is there an easy way to directly print addresses on the envelopes? (Can I do this at home? Can I go somewhere to get this done?) I already ordered all the envelopes and didn’t get anything pre- printed.

Re: Calligraphy Etiquette &amp; RSVP

• daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    You can run the envelopes through a printer that has a manual feed slot or a tray you can customize the size for. It takes a little bit of figuring out to get it right-I recommend using plain white envelopes to test on since they are usually cheaper than the nice colored ones, unless you have 5-10 extra envelopes you can afford to ruin.
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Get a second opinion. Sounds like she may be trying to get more money from you
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    We ordered ours preprinted, which is standard. Agree with PP to print them or take to Staples to have them done.
  • We bought a stamp with our address and our first names for return addresses and response cards.

• Thanks all for the replies. It looks like Staples doesn't do the printing on this type of envelope so I went online and ordered a stamp from the Paper Source. I really hope it comes soon so I can get these invites in the mail!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards