October 2013 Weddings

Weekend progress!

(I always like to start this thread!)

• Have heard from my sister that shower invites are out!
  • My great aunt (with who I am very close) specifically asked me to register at Williams Sonoma, so I created a smaller registry there
  • Invites arrived!
  • Put stamps on rsvp card envelopes
  • We are doing a lavender toss after our ceremony (instead of rice or birdseed). My sister and I put the lavender in little organza drawstring bags, so that is all set
  • Bought flower girl basket for the oldest flower girl
  • My sister gave me her ring bearer pillows and remaining faux flower petals for the flower girl basket

Got lots completed! Yey!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Weekend progress!

• I bought our invitations and response cards yesterday, yay!

• We have picked all of the ceremony music! FH needs to edit some (most) of the songs to shorten them for the ceremony CD.
    • We're close to picking our first dance song - it's narrowed down to 5, we're going to "try them out" during our next visit. I think I have it down to 2 that I like, with a leaning towards 1 of them, but we'll see.
    • I have printed the return addresses on all of the mailing envelopes. I need to buy labels for the RSVP envelopes, since those won't print properly. I need to double check with the post office that the way I want to address the envelopes is OK with them. 
    • I started working on my veil only to discover that the fabric glue is not a good idea. So I'm going to look into a low-temp iron on hemming type deal. (Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!)
  • SimplyME22SimplyME22 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited May 2013
    Oh, forgot the most exciting thing: got the honeymoon itinerary drafted and sent to FI for tweaking, and I purchased us tickets to the highest reviewed luau on Kauai. Going to buy the snorkeling excursion tickets next! YAAY!
    @coopergirl15 Which luau are you going to?  We finally booked our flights to Kauai, I cannot wait!!!  Now we're looking for which excursions to book!
  • We rented a private bungalow in the mountains on the north side of the island for a week. Cannot wait, it has a private pool and hottub, the key selling points for us.  After the week is up we're going to spend three nights on the South Shore somewhere, not sure yet as to what resort. We were originally going to island hop but decided the stress wasn't worth it.

Have you looked into the sugar plantation tubing tours?  We're definitely planning on doing that, as well as kayaking the Waimea.  Not sure if when we go in November if we'll be able to paddleboard out in the ocean, but I'd love to do that as well.

I'll definitely look into the luau, thanks for the info!!
  • Definitely hitting up Kauai Coffee.  If you're into rum, there's also Koloa Rum Company and they do tasting as well. 

FI found http://www.papalanigelato.com  and their gelato looks amazing, fairly sure we'll be going there as well. 
  • This weekend, we paid the deposit for our honeymoon and we met with our day of coordinator. We are having our food and cake tasting next week. After that, we will be able to order our invitations because we are having a plated dinner and we have to write the options on the invitations.
  • ~All invites are assembled and sealed

~Half the invites are hand addressed (I had to work a 12 hour bar shift on Sat. and 7 hour on Sun with it being completely dead).

~BM gifts are completely wrapped, now I just need to work on their letters.

~MOG gift wrapped

~My MOH and I sat down and designed the shower/bachelorette party invites.

Tonight I need to contact our reception coordinator, cake people, and our photographer to get some stuff figured out. I also need to contact our JOP (my second cousin) so we can go through the ceremony and get tha all figured out. So much to do!

~Started organizing decor based on located and what it is (ceremony,reception, photobooth, candy table etc)

• We didn't do anything wedding related this weekend, except answer a ton of questions from FI's extended family about where to stay, information ex., yep we did make a website, so yep had to give it to a few of them again, it happens.

Last week I mailed out my last dress payment, so I guess that was something to cross off.
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

We also got our first reception song recommendation by one of my friends: Pussy Control by Prince. I listened to it on repeat on Saturday and now I'm doing the same thing this morning.

ETA: Oh yeah, and I ordered our wedding cake over the weekend -- we're having a small vegan and gluten-free cake for us and a full dessert bar for our guests. I also eMailed one of the organists recommended by the church where we're getting married and chose the song I'd like to use to walk up the aisle: the Rondeau from Purcell's Abdelazar Suite.

• All of my centerpiece pieces are in one place finally, so I can put one together to see how it looks! I will post pics, hopefully this week.

I also found out that one of the room 'blocks' I thought I set up was not a block but 20 reservations set up individually in my name, which put the hotel over capacity and they may or may not have room for my guests. Good thing I set up two I guess. The bummer is that this was the less expensive hotel that I think more people would have gone to. I'm really disappointed in their service at this point.

Mostly we moved into the new house - exhausting!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• @hardlyhannah, if you trust your family and friends, they can use your reservation and pay individually for their own room.  I made 3 room reservations last year for a cousin's wedding, and then when we checked out each person paid with their own cc.  Not sure I could handle all 20, but if it's really close friends and you trust them, you may want to keep some of the rooms.  Just a thought, but what a bummer and exhausting on top of the move.
  • All of my centerpiece pieces are in one place finally, so I can put one together to see how it looks! I will post pics, hopefully this week.

I also found out that one of the room 'blocks' I thought I set up was not a block but 20 reservations set up individually in my name, which put the hotel over capacity and they may or may not have room for my guests. Good thing I set up two I guess. The bummer is that this was the less expensive hotel that I think more people would have gone to. I'm really disappointed in their service at this point.

Mostly we moved into the new house - exhausting!
    That would not make me happy! Is there a cancellation fee?

• There isn't a cancellation fee (yet - not sure what the deadline on that is - I need to find out), and she was going to try to switch it over to a regular block, but because they are over capacity she couldn't do it. She is waiting for other rooms to be released from the other wedding blocks that weekend I guess.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• I have made pretty close to zero wedding progress these past few weeks. Yesterday I spent the day with FI and we talked a little bit about the ceremony. We decided to not do a unity candle but he jokingly (?) suggested a unity sandwich. Yes, I am marrying this guy. I put him in charge of researching/choosing bible reading(s) for the ceremony (first thing he's been really interested in being a part of other than finalizing the guest list). He suggested a "faith, hope, and love" theme which I think could be very nice. We could potentially have some drama on the horizon with the shower, but I am not going to worry about that until we actually have to mail the invitations.
    We're talking about doing unity alcohol pour- he really loves beer, and maybe wine, I don't care enough to fight it. I'm letting him roll with it and we'll see how it fits into the overall feel.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• * Finished the cupcake toothpick's I was working on

*FI finished fixing the invites and I sent them off for a new proof. Got an email back saying the issue from before is still somewhat present so FI is working on them again.

*Finished printing all the envelopes for the invites. The inner envelopes still need names but FI is writing on those. 

*Weighed our invite all put together and went on USPS and found out they will take a .66 cent stamp. That sucks cause I had already bought forever stamps but they are good forever so it is fine. And we only have 27 invites to send out so 27 .66 cent stamps is only like $17 ish.

*Need to work on music!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • mochietoe said:
    * Finished the cupcake toothpick's I was working on

*FI finished fixing the invites and I sent them off for a new proof. Got an email back saying the issue from before is still somewhat present so FI is working on them again.

*Finished printing all the envelopes for the invites. The inner envelopes still need names but FI is writing on those. 

*Weighed our invite all put together and went on USPS and found out they will take a .66 cent stamp. That sucks cause I had already bought forever stamps but they are good forever so it is fine. And we only have 27 invites to send out so 27 .66 cent stamps is only like $17 ish.

*Need to work on music!!
    I just ordered 175 stamps as well - and I am 99% sure it will only need 1 stamp, but now I'm worried.  It is just the invite and rsvp card and envelope. No decorations, no additional paper, no inner envelope. Here's hoping one .46 forever stamp will work! 

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I am sure the .46 stamp will work for you. I have the outer envelope, inner envelope, invite, rsvp and envelope, reception card and hotel card. If it weighs under one ounce it is .46, between 1 and 2 is .66. Mine are 1.6 ounces with all that stuff. I am sure you will be fine. The forever stamps will work for our RSVP envelopes and thank you envelopes and they are forever stamps so they will not be a waste of money.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got our tuxes picked out this weekend, now it's just a matter of getting all the guys there to get meausred! FI thinks they'll all get together and go one night because that's what they've done in the past, but I suspect that was before everyone had multiple kids. It sounds like an overambitious plan to me but I'm biting my tongue! We neeeed to finish our C&B registry but finding time to get there has been tough.
  • *bought a bird cage for a card box (we've got birds on all our wedding stationary so I thought it'd be cute)
    *bridesmaid dresses came in!! gotta send them out to the ladies so they can get them tailored/hemmed if need be
    *made a list of possible songs and readings for our ceremony for FI to review! hooray for progress! Also, who else never knew that the book of Tobit does not exist in the King James bible?
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We finally bought fiancés ring.  Our registry is finished.  We also finished booking our excursions for our cruise.  Now we just need to do passports this week.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • We started addressing and putting together invitations! I discovered that when we put together invitations with a knotted ribbon they become oversize mail (we'd have to pay triple for shipping), so will be either gluing or using double sided tape to add the ribbon. Our invitations are right on the verge of the weight limit before it becomes oversize mail too (30 grams), so kind of worried about that, but we will cross that bridge when the time comes!

We ordered my ring yesterday (yay!) and FI has picked his suit!
  • We went and checked out our pavilion gazebo, and decided to trudge through the nontraditional wormhole. We aren't going to be having a normal aisle with seating on both sides. We are going to be having ALL of the seating on the left side. It just fits better with the use of picnic tables and keeping it semi nice layout. Also found vinyl covers that are only 1.99 each and this way we can get extra incase we need to dress up any unsightly park items that are unable to be moved (ie: trashcans LOL)

Alsoooo Still debating on Honeymoon. Trying to decide between Kauai and Maui... We won't be going until the end of March 2014 due to my work schedule and his school schedule... Any input or suggestions would help!

Also bought out all of our colors in "bandanas" at hobby lobby. we are using these instead of mirrors and such under our centerpieces on the tables. Just need to get 4 more and then decide if we need some to include on the cake table, gift table, and guest time capsule area. (were doing a time capsule event for the ceremony and including the guest one with it)
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Decided on wedding colors and put stamps on the RSVP return envelopes.  BIIIIGGGG weekend over here!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Bought the engagement ring!!

He told his family we are getting married (just got engaged this last week).

Deposit when through for the chapel.

Picked flower colors.

Got an email from a hair and make up company (I'm going to follow through today!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    • Addressed all the envelopes except for 6 - and those names/addresses need to be confirmed.
    • Finished my veil! This means all my attire (except for jewelry and under-the-dress) is all figured out.
    • FH bought the labels for our RSVP envelopes, and I sent him the sheets to print out before I get there.
    This coming weekend will be another big weekend for us... hair cut & consult, picking up my wedding band, pre-marital counseling, invitation assembly, choosing our first dance song, and ordering our custom Converse are all on the schedule.
  • edited June 2013
    • Heard from my sister that some straggler shower invitations were finished and sent (and I noticed that some things are being purchased off of the registries!)
    • Made 4 flower pomaders for my littlest flower girls - they will each carry a ball of flowers, and I glued some butterflies into the flower ball.
    • Painted a sign for the photo booth that I had seen on pinterest
    I think that's it!

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• After some deep heart to heart talking, and him saying he's okay with it, we've decided not to go with his Pastor from his church, but have my MOH/Best Friend's husband who is an ordained minister perform the ceremony.  Which means I now need to figure out how that will work with our ceremony location.

My mom bought a veil pattern.

I sat on my ass and ate Cheetohs so I can keep my stunning wedding figure intact.  ;) 

Because, it ain't easy bein' Cheesy!  :)

Seriously, I need to get re-motivated.  Once the kids are gone.  3 more days.  3 more days.  3 more days.

• Big progress for me this weekend...
    We paid our deposit on our photographer.

I bought my wedding dress will be in August 26th.

MOH narrowed her dress down to two.

I have narrowed our I cites down to two.

My mom collected all the addresses for her and my stepdads family & friends.

Put my foot down with my family that if they don't stop bombarding me with their "beliefs and opinions" on how we should do our reception or what we should serve no one will have to worry because we'll just stop planning right now and go to Vegas...all have agreed to back off of me.

This week I hope to finalize the invites, work on the shower invite list, finish my registry & make a final choice on centerpieces & other flowers. Also need to test out spray painting my paper lanterns a darker blue...none of the ones I've gotten as samples are dark enough.
  • We paid the deposit for the florist, and had some serious money talks about the honeymoon. Still no decision yet though. (we got the quote on Friday)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Me too @alisonmarie658.  I'm still feeling some guilt over the whole thing, but I'm working at letting that go. 

This weekend we just had all sorts of in depth talks; money and religion and baby. 

One of these days I'll get re-motivated.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards