South Carolina-Charleston

Venue booked...YAY!!!! Now I need your help with suggestions for photographer, caterer, and florist!

The place is set, Magnolia Plantation.
The date is set, October 4th

Now onto stage 2 of planning. Any good recommendations for photographers, caterers or florists? Or anyone have any bad experiences with any place in specific or other words of advice?

Re: Venue booked...YAY!!!! Now I need your help with suggestions for photographer, caterer, and florist!

• First of all, congrats! Magnolia Plantation is lovely!

The only thing I can really help you out with at the moment is a photographer. I love love love Nick Milak (http://nickmilak.com). He is wonderful and super talented, and he always has a great time. :)
  • We used TigerLily florist and they did a wonderful job. I didnt see the flowers till 10 minutes before the ceremony, so a lot of trust there. And they did not disappoint.

Our photograher was John Mann Photography.

http://www.jmannphotography.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_venue-bookedyay-now-i-need-your-help-with-suggestions-for-photographer-caterer-and-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:3fbe7a69-60d4-4715-ac8c-309c00e03cc2Post:e985461e-4734-41a0-ae80-958c884e0ab7">Venue booked...YAY!!!! Now I need your help with suggestions for photographer, caterer, and florist!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The place is set, Magnolia Plantation. The date is set, October 4th Now onto stage 2 of planning. Any good recommendations for photographers, caterers or florists? Or anyone have any bad experiences with any place in specific or other words of advice?
    Posted by Choftalynch[/QUOTE]

First Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I've had 2 daughters get married in Charleston in the past 2 years.  Daughter #1 had Royal Grand Catering at her reception at Ahhambra Hall.  Curtis is AMAZING!  Fabulous food, beautiful presentation, great pricing.  Would highly recommend.   We used Diane Thrower Weddings for florist and she too was awesome.  Beautiful arrangements and bouquets.

Daughter #2 got married this past August at the William Aiken House.  She used their caterer, Fish.  Food was delicious, a bit pricier than Royal Grand for same quality.  Flowers Out of Hand:  Beautiful!   Photographer:  Jenna-Marie Photography.   She is great.  Very personable, professional to work with and takes AMAZING photos!  Highly recommend!!

Good luck!!!
  • Hello,
    I just posted a review about Duvall Events (catering, floral, etc)- They were fantastic- they really did everything to make my wedding amazing.
  • Duvall Events is great and highly recommend them as well.  Magnolia Plantation is a beautiful location as well and you picked one of my choices.  Unfortunately,  they were booked on my date or I would've choosen them as my first choice.  Tiger Lily Florist is who i've gone with and after so many glowing recommendations I can't wait.  My photographer is Chi Photography of Charleston www.chiphotographyofcharleston.com This was another recommendation and so far i'm stoked and highly recommend.  Good Luck as I know I really enjoyed picking out all my vendors. 

• Richard Ellis Photography is the best in town. He photographed my friends wedding and the images were stunning and available only a week after the wedding. I would check out his site: www.ellisphotostudio.com.

Good luck with your planning! 
  • I HIGHLY recommend Duvall Catering. We used them for our rehearsal dinner and it was spectacular. http://duvallevents.com/

Tiger Lily Florist handles all the flowers for both the wedding and rehearsal dinner. Gayla is a dream to work with and she really knows what she's talking about. There's a reason they are named the best in Charleston. http://www.tigerlilyflorist.com/

Finally, possibly my favorite vendor from our wedding was our photographer. Rod and Tara Pasibe of Red Shutter Studio are some of the best photographers I have ever seen not to mention some of the best people I have ever worked with. Their prices are very resonable and you get full rights too all your photos, which most photographers don't give you. We had a great time with them for both our engagement shoot as wells as our wedding day. Book them, you won't be disappointed. http://www.redshutterstudio.com/
  • I just wrote my first ever online review for our DJ!  And hey, if you've signed up here, you know how much info they need just to let you in!  So, given the fact that I like to keep my info private, this was a big deal.

PM me if you want their information - sounds like you would love them.

R
  • Yeah! We are wedding weekend twins! I'm Oct 5th. I'm using Newton Farms for catering, Jennings King Photography, Burlap Elephant for wedding Planner,and Sara Grimshaw Designs for flowers. Love all of them so far
  • DJ - Pinnacle Light And Sound.  No brainer!  Not sure if they are available - but they do all the high end stuff in Charleston.  We loved them.  A real step up from the other choices.

Lotsa love!  TA
  • I just booked Pinnacle today for my wedding in April. They seem really professional. Apparently there are a lot of dodgy DJ's in Charleston. I'm meeting with all kinds of vendors this week and next week, and the next week....

I'm hoping to get the vendors all lined up pretty soon.

So far:  Daniel Island Club is booked, Pinnacle is booked (not bad for being engaged 2 weeks imo)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay Kat!   GREAT choice.  You are in excellent hands.   What's next?
  • Hey Theresa - talking to photographers now and looking at DOC's. We have a bagpiper booked (my family is Scottish and that's how my fiance proposed). Next is flowers, officiant, and the dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards