Not Engaged Yet

Hello there

Hi guys! I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I had previously been on theknot a few years ago. I had been engaged and when that relationship didn't work out I deleted my account. I recently started seeing someone awesome and just really enjoying dating him. Anywho. I just wanted to say hi. :]
About me: I work a lot. It's one of my downfalls. I work 7 days week. In fact I am at work now. But really it's my choice. Also, I really enjoy wine. Preferably white. But I am learning to love red too. And cheeseburgers. In-N-Out is ah-maze-zing in my opinion. I love hiking. REI gets me really excited. Like clothes shopping I find blah. But going to REI? I get all giddy like a little kid. Anything else you want to know?

Screen Name: ladystig
Significant Other's Age: 21
What You Do: Two jobs. 1) at a doctors office in the back office and 2) as a receptionist
What SO Does: Military
State of Relationship: just started dating
How Long You've Been Together: 3.5 months
How You Met: on POF
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A
Real Babies: None.
Fur Babies: No Furbabies but I do have a goldfish.
Loves: Wine. Shoes. Hockey. Football. Medical dramas [[Grey's Anatomy and Boston Med<--so sad that never made it past its first season <3]]. Cat memes.
Hates: Spiders. Parking garages.
Pet Peeves: When people leave a ridiculously small amount of time on the microwave like 2 seconds. When the speed of windshield wipers don't match the rate at which the rain is falling.
Hobbies/Activities: Work. :\ But I really enjoy hiking when I have the time for it. Also when I have the time for it I'm really into fishes and aquariums.
Favorite Thing About Your SO: His sense of humor. His attitude. How he is just as awkward and clumsy as me. His scruff on the weekends.
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He isn't into sports like I am
Describe Your Personality: I tend to be really laid back. and relaxed. I think it's the SoCal in me.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): about a 4.
I've Been On TK Since: 2010?
How You Came to Be On TK: I had been previously engaged.  now its just for funsies.
How I like my potatoes: Scalloped!! noms
Favorite book/author: Michael Pollan.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have way too many brothers. and no sisters. Oh, and I really enjoy driving a stick-- just not in traffic :P 

Re: Hello there

• Hi! I completely understand the REI love! BF and I are obsessed with that store :)

Do you like to read? Seen any good movies lately?

• I started reading The Casual Vacancy. I'm only about a quarter of the way through it.

And the last movie I saw was  Warm Bodies, which I thought was really cute.

• Hello! How many brothers is way too many, exactly? What teams do you root for?
  • I've been wanting to The Casual Vacancy. I haven't heard great things about it but it's J.K. Rowling I have to read it eventually! (I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan btw).

How long ago was it that you were on TK before, is it possible any of us here would remember you?

• I didn't hear great things about The Casual Vacancy because it is nothing like HP.  True it is nothing like Harry Potter in content matter. However, I am really liking it on its own.

My favorite teams include the San Diego Chargers and the LA Kings. 

I have 5 brothers. I love them dearly. There's just a lot of them. hehe

I was on TK back in 2010 - 2011. I just stuck to my local board though. So unless anyone was on the Seattle board I don't think so. :\

• What is your goldfish's name? (I have weird questions.)

What is your favorite dessert?
  • Fave alcoholic drink? Sushi, yay or nay? Fave quote?
  • Welcome back! Is ladystig a Top Gear reference? :)
    I was going to ask the same!  =)
  • @coopergirl15 I was about to ask the same thing! I hope it's a Top Gear reference.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ladystig is most definitely a TopGear reference. Love that show.

My goldfish's name is Buddy the Elf.

My favorite alcoholic beverage is a Malibu and pineapple juice. 

My favorite quote is "I can sum up everything I have learned about life in 3 words: it goes on." I actually have that phrase tattooed on my back.
  • Oh! And sushi is definitely a yay.

And my favorite dessert is a tie between bread pudding and key lime pie. 

Yum. :D
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    Are you a SoCal resident?   Never mind just read something about Seattle. 
  • Buddy the Elf is an amazing name for a goldfish.
  • It makes me happy that your username is a Top Gear reference!  Which is better? The US version or BBC?

I also like the idea of Malibu and Pineapple Juice! Sounds yummy!
  • Awww thanks. I am quite fond of the name too. He he

And definitely BBC Top Gear. I love Jeremy Clarkson. 
  • It makes me happy that your username is a Top Gear reference!  Which is better? The US version or BBC?

I also like the idea of Malibu and Pineapple Juice! Sounds yummy!
    I can't watch the US version. It just doesn't have the same chemistry of Jeremy, Richard, and Captain Slow.  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards