Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Reception Dance Songs

Hi guys! I just want to start a conversations to help get some ideas for a song I want to dance to at my wedding reception... I have 3 best friends, we have been friends since we were in the 5th grade (somewhere around 2003-2004?), and the 4 of us are extremely close. I just wanted to find a song that the 4 of us can dance to together at my wedding reception. I know a bunch of good "friendy" songs, but I really want an upbeat dancy song, rather than a slow one. Help please!? If I don't find one, I'll just choose a song we've always had fun singing together, although "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen won't quite fit... Thanks for your help :)

Re: Reception Dance Songs

• Options
    Keileld said:

Hi guys! I just want to start a conversations to help get some ideas for a song I want to dance to at my wedding reception... I have 3 best friends, we have been friends since we were in the 5th grade (somewhere around 2003-2004?), and the 4 of us are extremely close. I just wanted to find a song that the 4 of us can dance to together at my wedding reception. I know a bunch of good "friendy" songs, but I really want an upbeat dancy song, rather than a slow one. Help please!? If I don't find one, I'll just choose a song we've always had fun singing together, although "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen won't quite fit... Thanks for your help :)

I just had a good time on the dance floor with friends.  You'll all probably be out there dancing quite a bit.  I really don't think you need a specific song.  

Oh, and your post makes me feel old.  :D
  • Options
    kryan32kryan32 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Hi Keileid -

is there a favorite song from back then - check the top 100 lists from 2003/2004 and see if something fun jumps out at you.  :)

Take care,
    Kim

• Options
    damn I graduated from college in 2004 lol; i feel old too!

Anyway; assuming this would just be played at the reception and anybody can dance to it, just find a song you guys will all like and will know its for you guys.  I'm probably out-dating myself but there is the Friends theme song (I'll be there for you). Best bet is just have a song you all like dancing to so when it comes on you will all dance together. 

But please tell me you are just dancing and do not plan on choreographing a dance your guests will have to watch.

Anniversary
  • Options
    LaBellaBarv66LaBellaBarv66 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2013
    I like the friends theme song! 
  • Options
    My friends and I are dancing to Pussy Control by Prince, but we're also kinda special.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards