Not Engaged Yet

Weddingbee Wednesday! (XP)

C&Ped from @Addie73:

Knotties, 

As many of you know, TK Gods have been making changes to the site, and while there are changes many of us like, there are also changes we don't. There have been a lot of back and forth discussions and a lot things we were told would be happening that are now not. Some of our questions go unanswered or the responses to them make no sense, and we feel we are getting the run-around in some areas, and it's frustrating.

We realize that the boards are not only for regs. However, if regs didn't stick around and didn't post, the boards would be dead. Lurking isn't participation. Only by having active members of this community is there a community at all. If not for us, the lurkers would have nothing to lurk, and even they would leave.

In peaceful protest of the things we feel TK Gods are being dismissive about, many of us plan to boycott the site this coming Wednesday (tomorrow). We are asking that any and all regs who agree do not even log into TK that day so the site will not even get our page hits, which helps lead to profits. It is our hope that TK Gods will see a noticeable dip in activity and get a taste of what it would be like if there was yet another mass exodus. It will only work if we can get as many of you to participate as possible.

Lurkers, if any of you agree and want to help, we would welcome your "participation" by not logging in as well, but it is especially important that the regs stay off TK and do not post. AT ALL.

For funsies, a bunch of us have created accounts over on Wedding Bee and plan to go kill their buzz. It should be a great party, BYOS (bring your own stinger) of course.

Do it!  You'll be cool!  All the cool kids are doin' it!  And look! I made this Hive Invasion badge just for you!  It's all about the badges, people. And the unicorns. 

------

You guys can get the Hive Invasion badge over on SB.  We'll be hanging out on the December 2010 board, and posting on E over there.  If you plan on participating, tomorrow would be a good day to let the Waiting board that they're completely BSC.

Are you in?
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weddingbee Wednesday! (XP)

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    My SN on the Bee is RDR. 

• I'll stay off TK tomorrow, but sadly will not have time to invade WB. Have a great time, everybody ;)
  • I posted this on SB, but I just created an account with the same username on WB.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Me too!
  • I'm in! I don't know if I'll go over to Wedding Bee (depends on if I have time tomorrow) but if I do I'll make sure my username is recognizable!

• I might not have time to post (work is bananas), but I'll definitely lurk over there. If I do post, I'll create an account with the same name.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm in!  Not sure if I will join you in the Hive, but I will remain off TK tomorrow.  If I do go over to WB, I'll also make my name recognizable. I confess to the temptation to making a different screen name and trolling, but sadly, it would probably just blend in with the rest of the posts over there.  ;)

• I'm thejucheidea.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    I've been banned. 

Twice. 

• rdr716 said:
    I've been banned. 

Twice. 

Already?!

I haven't tried to post yet. I'm wondering if they're preemptively banning Knotties.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    This is the thread I participated in under my original name:

I created a second one and posted a completely innocent response about what wording we used on our invitations and got a notification that it was pending approval and now that name is banned as well. 

• Sweet mercy, they certainly are special little snowflakes, aren't they?

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    My posts were along the lines of: It's rude to only invite half of a couple. If your cousin is in a relationship, her BF needs to be invited.

Just trying to help people not look like an asshole. 

• I don't get it.  Why were you banned?  Sorry if the answer is obvious, Mother Nature's mood swings in Michigan have given me a killer headache today, I'm trying to focus through my fog.  
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • There's no obvious answer.  They're banning probably because we're all TK users.
    I french with my man
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    Unsharing my username, as there are spies among us. If you know my AE, you'll find me.
  • Same screen name.  Let the games begin.
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    I think all of the TK regs who created accounts and posted on WB regardless of content have been banned. No rhyme or reason. It's bullshit. 

• At the end of the day tomorrow, if I can post at all, I might have to write a long "You can't just ban people because they're members of another site" post.
    I french with my man
  • I'm in! Sounds like fun.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh boy, I ventured over there, and it's a scary, scary place.
  • I ventured over there when I got home I created a user id. PM me tonight if you want it. I don't know if I will get to being on there much tomorrow but it's worth a try!

Anniversary

• I ventured over as well.  User name is not the same, but feel free to PM me for it.  I have to work a convention tomorrow and will be super bored if I don't get to TK, so the WB crazies will have to suffice.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • labrolabro member
    I created an account. I haven't tried logging on to their site at work so I may or may not be there tomorrow but we'll see. Best I can say at least is that I WILL NOT log on to TK.

• I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this but I already created an account on that site. I did it a few weeks ago actually. I like the format on that site a little better than here. But I don't see a big deal, there's no issue with being on the Bee and the Knot at the same time. 

But I don't really participate on the Waiting board except to give encouragement such as "enjoy your relationship as it is now and your time will come". That sort of thing. I participate mainly on the Relationships and the Lounge board. 

Anyway, my point is. I wouldn't dismiss the WHOLE site as silly. I am not really much of a snarky person and I try to be nice. BF tells me that I'm actually too nice. But I like the Knot community but I do feel that some people may be a little quick to judge, based solely on the Waiting board. These are real women who are genuinely sad that they are not engaged yet and yes, some of them are BSC. And to deal with that, some of them pre-plan. Is it wise? No. But I don't think they necessarily deserve to be made fun of. 

Anyway. I know I'm going to be flamed for this post and told that I'm too sensitive or not snarky enough, whatever variation. And I probably am. But oh well. Hopefully y'all can understand what I'm trying to say and not flame me too much for it. I do like this community, especially since y'all helped me stop being BSC a while back and now BF and I are doing very well. Anyway, just think about what I said. You don't have to agree but just think about it. 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    @kelly198721 - It's not really a matter of nice vs. snarky or judgey or whatever. The problem with the Bee is that they often validate horrible, rude ideas.

As for the women on the Waiting board - no one (okay most people because I'm sure there is some random case where it makes sense) should be sad because they aren't engaged. It means they have lost focus on what really matters in their relationship. And pre-planning can cause in a lot of relationships which is why we advise against it. It's not so we can make fun of them. We genuinely want to help women who come to this board with the same issues as the ones on the Bee, see that a change in perspective and some patience can make them a whole lot happier.

ETA: I think your post came off as rather preachy and it really rubbed me the wrong way. It's fine that you want to participate on the Bee. No one here said you shouldn't, in fact some said they already had accounts over there. For the most part the women on TK are blunt but honest and not trying to be mean.

• There is nothing good about WeddingBee. Nothing.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    @Bethsmiles -- That love is from me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards