African American Weddings

Feeding Vendors

Hi Ladies
I spoke with my venue today and the event coordinator told me I am suppose to include my vendors in my total number of guest. I had never heard of this before. She said they would eat from my buffet so they need to be included. I always thought they received a smaller meal but not eat with the rest of the guest. So I am suppose to pay their fee plus pay for a plate for them also. Please help me!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Feeding Vendors

• My venue did give me the choice to have vendors eat at a table with the rest of the guests (plated meal) or have a separate buffet set-up in another room. I opted for the later which was also cheaper. My photographer made it clear that if they weren't in the room for the meal they wouldn't be able to take pics during that time. Which was fine with me, not sure we needed pics of people eating. Just ask if there are any other options if you don't like the one they are offering. 
    Anniversary
  • I do want to feed them but thought it was crazy that I need to pay their fee, a tip, and an additional $70 per person to feed them. The event coordinator made it seem like that was the only option I had. And they would be at a table in a corner. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well the other way to look at this is if your venue has a minimum guarantee head count...if you don't meet your minimum with guest RSVPs then hopefully your venue will allow you to include vendors in your minimum guarantee..that's what I ended up doing. And I am one of those that don't believe in tipping vendors....:-|
    Anniversary
  • I never looked at it that way. My venue does have a minimal. So I will look at it as they will help meet my quota. lol....And if I have to pay for your meal, that is the tip. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I never looked at it that way. My venue does have a minimal. So I will look at it as they will help meet my quota. lol....And if I have to pay for your meal, that is the tip. 
    Agreed!
  • minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    At our venue, we are doing a plated meal for our invited guests and we can order boxed lunches for our vendors. Not quite sure yet where they'll eat, but we can order them something that is less than half the cost of one plate of food.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

humm thanks for the heads up on this
    i am not understanding tipping them and paying their fee and i gotta feed them? 
    i really dont want to feed my guest... yes i am special lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • O MY i have never heard of this, i mean i just assumed they were there to do a job and not eat (my bad)....not sure how this is gonna work out!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I have never heard of this either.. all my coordinator told me was to let her know how many vendor meals I would need to provide

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • My photographer had it written in his contract that I had to provide him with 2 meals. One for him and one for his assistant. I hadn't heard of it before either. I mean, when I come to work, my boss doesn't feed me! But I guess there's no way around it.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • My photographer had it written in his contract that I had to provide him with 2 meals. One for him and one for his assistant. I hadn't heard of it before either. I mean, when I come to work, my boss doesn't feed me! But I guess there's no way around it.
    BOL tooo funny

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    misstira said:
    My photographer had it written in his contract that I had to provide him with 2 meals. One for him and one for his assistant. I hadn't heard of it before either. I mean, when I come to work, my boss doesn't feed me! But I guess there's no way around it.
    BOL tooo funny
    #done.. but true they dont feed me

Daisypath - (PNE7)
    LMAO!!!!!!  Neet? I'm fan-flapping you.  Extra colored is the category the bolded fits into..  EXTRA colored, like feet soaking in their own juice in a see through mason jar on the counter at the piggly wiggly and/or the mlk/jfk funeral home fan in the church pew.

Yes ma'am, ya'll have to feed your vendors but there's normally contractually a reduced/discounted rate for that like 1/2 of what your caterer is already charging.  cosigning whoever said don't say anything just let em fill in for the no shows - but understand if you do so, you'll have technically paid full price for their plates. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards