Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

DIY Invitations Design Software?

I have found the paper and the envelopes- that was the easiest part. Now, I need to do the actual invitation design and I'm hoping someone can recommend downloadable computer programs or a website where you can do it for free? I've tried to do it on MS Word, but unfortunately I don't have the freedom to change swirly designs I find online to the color I want, or match the font to the invites I like online... ANY direction would be appreciated!!

Once the design is done, I plan to take it to FedEx/Kinkos on a USB drive, give them our paper, and have them printed!

Re: DIY Invitations Design Software?

• Options
    LFKLFK member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    I use Windows XP and I really like Serif Page Plus for a lot of projects. http://www.serif.com/desktop-publishing-software/  Try it. 

• Options
    edited June 2013

I have a graphic design background and would be more than happy to help with your layout for the printer free of charge if you can email me the wording, size, color and the sample on-line that you like. I finished up my invites this weekend and it was a big relief so would love to help you out.

• Options
    silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2013
    You can get a 30 day trial version of Adobe Illustrator.  I have no graphic design skills, but was able to troubleshoot and teach myself some basics through some graphic design blogs.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards