Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Good foundations for pale skin?

Long story short, all the make up artists in my area are SUPER expensive and I feel more comfortable when I'm in control of my own face. However, I've never had to do anything like this before. I have fairly combination-like skin and since I just use a little bit of mineral powder on a day to day basis, I'm worried I won't have very photogenic skin. Every time I've gone to Sephora or any other make up counter, I've felt a little bullied into purchasing products I don't use, won't use or aren't what I need. I'm just looking for some suggestions!

I've uploaded a picture of my face without any make up on, circling in red where I'm driest and where I'm oily in blue.

I get oily in the weirdest spots and dry in the weirdest spots too. I try to treat my skin well, I moisturize and clean it on a daily basis.
I would like to invest in decent make-up, something that won't feel super heavy and will nicely conceal some of my uneven tones.

Help.

Re: Good foundations for pale skin?

• Revlon Colorstay is excellent and won't break the bank, and comes in a wide range of shades.  I've tried all kinds of makeup from high to low end and it remains one of my favorites.  Others that I like:

- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (this is VERY light feeling)
    - Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
    - Tarte Amazonian Clay blahdeeblah (the kind in a squeezy tube)
  • I'm basically in the same boat- my Mom is doing my makeup, and I have a very similar complexion, but my skin tends to be oily all over. My wedding is in July- indors, but still, I'm more likely to be sweaty than drying out.  I went to Sephora and explained this to them, and this is what they hooked me up with:

-Veil Mineral Primer by Hourglass
    -Immaculate Liquid Powder Mattifying Foundation- also by Hourglass

They are significantly pricier than what I would normally pay, but I must admit, they do work!  Good luck!

• @JusJess2007, you can't advertise your services or products on The Knot.
  • Makeup forever hd foundation is really good, lightweight, and make a good range of colors. colored 110, 115 and 117 are all very fair colors, depending on the undertone of your skin.
    You should definitely get a primer (to help the makeup stick better and last all day) and a translucent setting powder to lock it all in. Do not get anything with an SPF, it will reflect in the photographs. If you use a primer with the bit of spf (15 or less) it wont be a big deal, but you dont want any in your foundation or setting powder.

You can ask for samples at sephora, that way you can try it out before hand.
    Dont forget a good concealer!

I would reaaallly suggest a makeup course, or practicing a lot with youtube videos. Make up for your wedding should be different from everyday makeup, because it needs to look good from start to finish, and for photography.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I second the recommendation of Tarte Amazonian Clay. It stays on forever.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jw875jw875 member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Bobbi Brown!  Really natural and suits even the palest skin tones!!!!
  • I really liked using make up forever hd foundation on my wedding day.

Anniversary
  • I never wear makeup but went to origins, organic plant base makeup and loved them, they give you a free facial and trial run pricey but I didnt feel cakey on my face even with the foundation and powder love them.
  • Have you looked for a Mary Kay consultant in your area? They can help you out, try before you buy, no pressure, golden rule philosophy. Good luck!
  • Makeup forever hd foundation is really good, lightweight, and make a good range of colors. colored 110, 115 and 117 are all very fair colors, depending on the undertone of your skin.
    You should definitely get a primer (to help the makeup stick better and last all day) and a translucent setting powder to lock it all in. Do not get anything with an SPF, it will reflect in the photographs. If you use a primer with the bit of spf (15 or less) it wont be a big deal, but you dont want any in your foundation or setting powder.

You can ask for samples at sephora, that way you can try it out before hand.
    Dont forget a good concealer!

I would reaaallly suggest a makeup course, or practicing a lot with youtube videos. Make up for your wedding should be different from everyday makeup, because it needs to look good from start to finish, and for photography.

I agree with all this. And you can go to Sephora and have them do your makeup start to finish, and all you have to purchase is a $50 gift card. Basically the makeover is free. You will definitely need to practice and have an expert give you some guidelines.
    My favorite foundation is Makeup Forever HD, and I wear 117. 
  • I second the Makeup Forever HD foundation. I have very pale skin (I use their lightest shade), and I love it! Covers very well and photographs nicely.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards