Destination Weddings Discussions

Hawaii Wedding

My fiance and I are thinking of having a destination wedding in Hawaii. Neither of us have every been so we don't really know where to start. Which island to pick...locations, vendors, etc

We want to keep it intimate so we thought a destination wedding would be perfect for us.

Help!

Re: Hawaii Wedding

• Hi there! I just got married on Kauai on the 14th. My H and I had never been before either but it was seriously the best decision we made. Something to keep in mind is the type of atmosphere you and your FI picture for your wedding/honeymoon, etc. Kauai is more laid back and less "commercialized" than the other islands and that's why we chose it. I suggest researching what each island has to offer, and once you've chosen an island Google vendors/hotels and request package pricing from places. Also, don't let packages deter you from using a place without confirming what can and can't be customized. 

Good luck! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much!

If you don't mind me asking, did you use a planner? and if so which one?

• I don't mind at all. I certainly needed a planner there or I would've really gone crazy! We used Maile Weddings (Kaye was our contact person and photographer). Kaye was amazing - responsive, easy going, and she surpassed my expectations and really helped keep me calm :-) Though we chose not to use it, Maile Weddings also has options to help you plan your reception as well.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married on Oahu in August! I also have never been there before.  We are a party group, so we thought that would be the best fit. 

With some research, you can do it from overseas.  I did it!

Of course, I won't know the outcome until I get there but I doubt it will be a total disaster :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards