Luxury Weddings

Let's all share!!!

Menus!
577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: Let's all share!!!

• Just wanted to stop in, but don't really have anything to add. I can't remember the menu from my first wedding in 2004. I believe it included filet mignon, some type of seafood, and some type of salad. I know it was somewhat fancy because the per person cost was signifcant. It was just too long ago :) For my wedding last month, we didn't have any guests, but the resort prepared quail, filet, and for dessert, we had our wedding cupcakes and souffle.

• 1 course: spinach salad
    2: tomato soup
    3: filet and sea bass duo with risotto, carrots and asparagus
    4. cake, coffee and cookies from my favorite bakery

BabyFruit Ticker
  • For cocktail hour, we had about 20 different passed hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, a cheese/fruit station, and several carving stations. For our main meal, we had:

1st Course - Salad (don't remember what kind!)
    2nd Course - Penne a la vodka
    3rd Course - Choice between filet mignon, stuffed fillet of sole, stuffed chicken

4th Course - wedding cake and Italian pastries/cookies

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • @cmgilpin thank you! That member is removed.
  • We haven't selected our cocktail hour yet, but we just finalized our menu:

Salad - caesar salad with hearts of baby romaine and parmesan croutons
    Dinner - choice of
    • slow roasted dry aged ny strip steak, cipolini agro dolce, sea salt and cracked 
    • pan roasted free range chicken breast with sage, aromatic vegetables and braised savoy cabbage
    • eggplant parmesan
    Dessert - vanilla bean cheesecake, gingerbread crumble and macerated strawberries
  • We're starting with watermelon gazpacho and then serving cornmeal-crusted Dover sole, cider-glazed pork ribs and chicken woodsman.

Dessert is a choice of:
    Lemon cake with raspberry mascarpone filling and vanilla buttercream
    Vanilla cake with vanilla bean mousse and champagne buttercream
    (We just tried them yesterday - I HAD to AW them!)

And late night snack is milk and cookies - venue is baking a nice variety and we're bringing in a couple hundred macarons from a local bakery.
  • We're having lots of hors d'oeuvres and an artisan cheese station for cocktail hour, then
    1. Diver scallops with eggplant caviar and ratatouille vinaigrette
    2. Grilled quail with potato risotto
    3. Filet of beef with spinach, potatoes gratin, and red wine jus
    4. Chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercream (wedding cake), and selected pastries
    And each course is paired with a specific and complimenting wine.

I'm so freaking excited for dinner... omn nom nom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AmJam04 said:
    We're having lots of hors d'oeuvres and an artisan cheese station for cocktail hour, then
    1. Diver scallops with eggplant caviar and ratatouille vinaigrette
    2. Grilled quail with potato risotto
    3. Filet of beef with spinach, potatoes gratin, and red wine jus
    4. Chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercream (wedding cake), and selected pastries
    And each course is paired with a specific and complimenting wine.

I'm so freaking excited for dinner... omn nom nom.
    I'm SO crashing. 
  • For our cocktail hour we're having a Tuscan antipasto display, and artisan cheese and bread display, and a couple of passed hors d'oeuvres that we haven't picked yet. Guests will pre-select an entree from the following (I'm including ALL the details b/c I get so excited about them!) 

1. Roasted free range chicken breast with oven dried tomato and pancetta ragu, chive & roasted shallot risotto, shaved asparagus

2. Slow roasted prime rib of beef with natural jus, creamed horseradish, herb whipped potatoes, seasonal vegetables 

3. Grilled filet of salmon with champagne butter sauce, dill cucumber relish, lemon risotto and sautéed spinach

We're doing our cake in two flavors - lemon cake filled with a creme fraiche and raspberry frosting, and almond cake filled with apricot preserve and an almond mousse. 

Food is one of the elements of the wedding I'm most excited about! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards