African American Weddings

UMMMM How can i put this nicely....

No honey your kids are not invited although there will be kids there, im not trying to feed a bunch of kids that wont eat the food and will make this into a kids party.. My thing is this, my son will be there of course along with the two flower girls. But FI's cousin have a little boy along with my FBIL babymomma sister daughter (they all grew up together so i can not invite his girl and not her sister and their family).. Then another Aunt and Uncle has a little girl and i knw they can come without her shes a only child SMDH and then one of my BM's is like o are children invited im like yea and no really only the kids in the wedding party shes like o because my daughter loves weddings (mind you shes 3 going on 35) Lord help me now Im really not interested in having a bunch of children at my wedding.... I dont knw how to put that nicely

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: UMMMM How can i put this nicely....

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I think that is a tough one with the BM.. because she is in the wedding but if I read correctly that is only 5 kids and that in my opinion not enough for a guest to complain about kids.. plus like you told me TO heck with them .. NO PAY NO SAY.. so have your five kids and tell everyone else.. so sorry... but the BM i dont know... will she be able to fufill her role as BM if her little diva is there?

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Doesn't help your cause but I said my and Fi kids and children of wedding party only. Everyone else will have to deal or not come. I'm at the point where I feel less is better anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaB Im sure the BM will be able to do her job i just didnt like the fact that she was like o she loves weddings (ummm she just got on this earth yesterday she will still live a fulfilling life even if she never sees mine smh) but idk we shall c about that and dont get me wrong TIRA LOVES THE KIDS  but umm this is about us not the kids and i want to be able to dance and njoy without a bunch of kids running around bad enough im gonna have to run after my own busy body 3 yr old lol

leatba thats how i wanted it really my son and the lil girls in the wedding party only and if your under the age of 13 stay home LOL...but i hate to come off as mean

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

misstira said:
    i just didnt like the fact that she was like o she loves weddings (ummm she just got on this earth yesterday she will still live a fulfilling life even if she never sees mine smh)

This had me rolling.. but true she did just get here

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • LeciaB said:

misstira said:
    i just didnt like the fact that she was like o she loves weddings (ummm she just got on this earth yesterday she will still live a fulfilling life even if she never sees mine smh)

This had me rolling.. but true she did just get here
    Girl i was asking my co-worker would it seem tacky to just give them some cheeseburgers and fries frm McDonalds lol but she was like no Latira dont do that smh...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Girl..too funny. I just simply would say. I would love if they could come but unfortunately we just can't accommodate children. If you can't find a babysitter and can't come then ill understand and leave it at that. Dont let them break you down Tira lol
  • Hey Tira.  The ole dreaded children fiasco, huh?!  I would state very nicely that you and your fiance have decided that the children in the wedding party, your kids, and the children of those in the wedding party will be the only ones allowed/in attendance.  Or, you can simply state that your reception is an Adult only affair.  Guests do not need to know which children you are allowing or you are not allowing or whether they are in the wedding party or not!  That is honestly irrelevant.  

If you haven't done your invites already, then, Adults Only Reception needs to be stated on your invites.  Or you can put Adults Only Wedding & Reception.  

For your BM, I think you should ask her if she can make other arrangements with a family member, baby sitter, etc.  If not, then I guess you will be seeing that 3 year old going on 35 at the wedding! 

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • On my invite it states, " Adult Reception Only". The only kids that are allowed are immediate family only & those in the wedding party. Which will only be 5 kids all under the age of 6 and they eat for free. I was so glad when i heard that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CreoleBride30 LOL i knw she might just bring her lil grown butt right there LOL....im definitely going to put on my invites Adult Only Reception to really avoid the drama and we will see how this works

nbrown501 i think thats how many kids may be there but since they dont eat free im debating on what to feed them...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• there are 2 kids allowed at my wedding my nephew who will be 12 and my BM son who will be 4 or 5
    thats it 
    it is adult only we are not having flower girl or ring bearer
    NO KIDS
    if that means you stay at home sorry... but feel free to send me a gift lol 
    my FI niece will be 17 by the time we get married she is not a kid any more... her grown she can come 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the ladies. My future step son is 10 and he still isn't coming to the reception. No kids means no kids. I personally don't have any biologically, so it wasn't a hard thing to say. Stick to your guns..extra kids will turn you off!
  • She loves weddings?? Girly bye!! I think you need to be very matter-of fact and let them know that this is an adults only wedding and the only children that will be there are the ones that are actual participants in the wedding. Also, make sure you include it on the invitation as well. You can say something like "Adult reception to follow" this way, no one is "surprised when they get there and find that their is neither a seat nor plate for their child.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • thedivavcocolux5585Dannitra01 Ladies let me tell you ive been back and forth in my mind trying to come to a conclusion with this...so im gonna go with the majority and just include that on the invite and hey if you come you come if not not biggie.... Im not in the mood to have my wedding turn into a 4 year old party

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• misstira said:
    thedivavcocolux5585Dannitra01 Ladies let me tell you ive been back and forth in my mind trying to come to a conclusion with this...so im gonna go with the majority and just include that on the invite and hey if you come you come if not not biggie.... Im not in the mood to have my wedding turn into a 4 year old party
    thats right it is your day and while you are happy to share it with friends and family it is about what you and your FI want for your day.... 
    and there is nothing wrong wtih that

you will go crazy trying to please everyone 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have an adult only reception. FI and I have our children attending of course and the bridal parties children are coming. Do what you feel is best for you and FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • minsu5 said:
    You know who confuses a wedding with a family reunion or a Thanksgiving Dinner? People who aren't paying for it. Even though my FI's brother has too many kids to count, my FI has already told him that he has a year to find a babysitter. We don't even have a flower girl or ring bearer; it's strictly an adult affair. I am not afraid to have a cousin serve as a bouncer at the door checking names off a list.  Ain't nobody got time for dat!
    LOL...I KNOW RIGHT!!! I know everybody wants to share in this wonderful union of families joining together but uhhh u gotta find something else for your child to do honey!!!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• T,

you waaaaaay in the hayle lost me @

my FBIL babymomma sister daughter

baby who is that? Hallmark doesn't have a category for this relationship LOL!!  lemme give it a shot:  your future. brother.in.law's.baby.muva's.sister's.child?? GUH!!?  I wish you see my dayum gut jiggling.  truth is there's no nice way to exclude somebody but {{necksnap}} why we gotta worry about nice?  what dougie say? ladies and gentlemen please be advised that this not a tyler perry production.  there's no need to justify your choice of whose children are coming, alls they need to know is yourn ain't soooo....find you a sentence you like and please proceed to print it generously on every piece of stationery you send out henceforth.  don't hesitate to reach out if i can help with constructing a conflict resolution statement.  lol!   please and thank you

-mgmt.

• sultryzulu DEAD somebody plz call 911....lmao i cant take this lady here lol lol lol......And yes definitely im letting them knw its adult only no bay bays allowed lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• @Sultryzulu! I can not breeve!!!!

What we gonna do wit chu!?! I love you to pieces!!! 

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • lol hollering lol 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards