October 2014 Weddings

Has anyone started

I'm getting engaged November 30th (my bday). My boyfriend and I picked a date. October 26th 2014. I was wondering has anybody started looking for small things or is it too early. I want to start now and our colors are viola purple white and marine blue. 

Re: Has anyone started

• Hon I dont think its ever too early..If anything I think starting as soon as possible is wise.. I couldnt believe how many vendors were booked already for October 2014..
    Good luck!
    Amanda
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:d4cb1859-9640-4c2c-bffd-a00767a0092c">Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting engaged November 30th (my bday). My boyfriend and I picked a date. October 26th 2014. I was wondering has anybody started looking for small things or is it too early. I want to start now and our colors are viola purple white and marine blue. 
    Posted by Paris2012[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your future engagement!

My advice to you would be not to set a date until you have booked your ceremony and venue sites, especially if you want to get married in October.  October is a popular month, and vendors and venues can book a year or more in advance, so your date may not be available. . . but another date in 10/14 might be.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:d4cb1859-9640-4c2c-bffd-a00767a0092c">Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting engaged November 30th (my bday). My boyfriend and I picked a date. October 26th 2014. I was wondering has anybody started looking for small things or is it too early. I want to start now and our colors are viola purple white and marine blue. 

<div>I'm confused. You've set a date (which means you're engaged) but you aren't getting engaged until November 30th?</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Ditto Tiger. 

Also, what about here where you say you're getting married this November?

You seem to be just a little confused. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:954d07be-86d0-410b-bd79-ebf4facc0cdf">Re: Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Has anyone started : I'm confused. You've set a date (which means you're engaged) but you aren't getting engaged until November 30th?
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Yes that is correct. Its sound funny but true, I found the little in his closet when I was cleaning. He said his was to surprise me on my birthday this year. But he has allowed me to plan and look into things. So I'm going to let him finish out the plan he had and propose to me on my birthday. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:dc5c6335-b953-4944-a41d-c61f6afcaead">Re: Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto Tiger.  Also, what about here where you say you're getting married this November? <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-shades-of-coloring">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-shades-of-coloring</a> You seem to be just a little confused. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>I dont remember that one. </div>
  • We're planning on an Oct of 2014 wedding too.  And I have the same fear, I've been worried about planning too early, but I realized that it's not that far away, and venues tend to book up around here, and espcially in the mountains of NH where I'm looking, more than a year in advance.  So I'm not too worried about it being too early.  In fact, we're going to go check out our venue April 13 :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:07e834de-4218-4622-93a9-53c992b4c1e2">Re: Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're planning on an Oct of 2014 wedding too.  And I have the same fear, I've been worried about planning too early, but I realized that it's not that far away, and venues tend to book up around here, and espcially in the mountains of NH where I'm looking, more than a year in advance.  So I'm not too worried about it being too early.  In fact, we're going to go check out our venue April 13 :-)
    Posted by ashwise[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrats and I went dress hunting today. I been looking at venues as well because they do book fast. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:8cdd3501-ab1d-407c-9000-70c036790fcd">Re: Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone started : Congrats and I went dress hunting today. I been looking at venues as well because they do book fast. 

<div>Nice! I'm going dress shopping in 2 weeks. I'm super excited</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Honestly, I don't think you can ever be "too early" with your planning, especially for such a popular month as October.  We set out date (October 4, 2014), and I immediately started doing my DIY projects.  I'm trying to hammer out all of the big stuff first, like photographer, cake, and dress, but I'm actively working on my little projects too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Today FH and I took our parents to check out our ceremony/reception venue (a restaurant downtown) and also to try the food! They loved it and now we are almost certain we will be booking with them within the next 2 months. We've also started our guest list, budget, and have been throwing out many ideas about color schemes and our wedding party.

I think when it comes to gathering ideas it's never too early!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:6ee98aef-5c81-4c08-b2d0-e26fd8170c78">Re: Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I don't think you can ever be "too early" with your planning, especially for such a popular month as October.  We set out date (October 4, 2014), and I immediately started doing my DIY projects.  I'm trying to hammer out all of the big stuff first, like photographer, cake, and dress, but I'm actively working on my little projects too.
    Posted by des9724[/QUOTE]

Hi Des. . .we are 2014 PGH Knotties :-)

Where is your ceremony and reception?

My ceremony will be at St. Bernard's in Mt. Lebo, and the reception will be at Mansions on 5th Hotel. . . just finalized the details and date yesterday!

I'm having my ceremoi

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I just got engaged in December and we are planning for October 2014. We just booked our venue and are looking to book a DJ and Photographer in a month or so. I dont think you are too early. Take a long engagement to your advantage. You get first pick of almost EVERYTHING! 

As for the 'small stuff' I would wait, otherwise it will just sit around your house for over a year and a half! 

Good luck with your planning!

• I haven't acutally booked the venue & church yet, but Iknow I'm going to have my reception & ceremony at those places. Just waiting until we save a bit more so we can put down a deposit without wiping our bank accounts. I have a wedding show in 2 weeks, and then I'm going to put off dress shopping until october, Ihavent worked out since last.november, winters in michigan are tough! Food is already decided and BM dresses & GM Suits don't need to be tackled for another year. Centerpieces & decor are slowly being acumulated (wine glasses & vintage vases). The only thing holding us back is money, so once we save enough for food/venue/dress/ ect... we will purchase it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_has-anyone-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:281aebc1-2bcc-40aa-95f2-d41a1278e989Post:2f1b8040-8275-45ee-9342-f569286ec78f">Re: Has anyone started</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone started : Hi Des. . .we are 2014 PGH Knotties :-) Where is your ceremony and reception? My ceremony will be at St. Bernard's in Mt. Lebo, and the reception will be at Mansions on 5th Hotel. . . just finalized the details and date yesterday! I'm having my ceremoi
    Posted by cmsciulli[/QUOTE]

<div>Hooray for a local bride! We're having our reception at Bell's Banquets in Mt. Pleasant and we're talking with two Lutheran churches in town--both over 150 years old.  We're going for a slightly vintage/rustic/shabby chic wedding, though if you ask the FI, he'll probably say "Old stuff." LOL  The churches in Mt. Lebo are gorgeous! I just bought my dress from a shop in Mt. Lebo---Koda Bridal.  Love them!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • I got engaged last May (2012) and we started planning almost immediately! We didn't go crazy, but the major things (venue!!!!) that book up early, we wanted to lock into place as soon as possible. We found our place, loved it, and signed the contract last October. I have some things already set in place (photographer, officiant, wedding coordinator) but that's about it. Now that I know we have the 'when' and the 'where,' I can sort of catch my breath for a little bit before diving into the other things.

But let's be honest, I'm always doing some sort of planning in the back of my mind :)
  • My FI and i were orginally hoping for this sept (2013) but because of our work situation, we have pushed it out. I already have my dress (it was a discontinued style from DB and a freaking steal) we picked out flowers and invitations this weekend and will be getting married and my grandparents yacht club (also a freaking steal!) never to early to start planning :D 
    Anniversary
  • It's definitely not too early. Book the ceremony and reception to guarantee your date. Then move forward. I've already booked my ceremony, reception, DJ, florist, and photographer. I have my dress, veil, cake that, guest book, and unity candle. All for a fraction of the cost. Plus I have time to add my own touches. After all my colors are hunting snow camouflage, blaze orange, and brown. He picked the colors, so I went with it. You should, if you haven't, check out pinterest. I turned what some may consider redneck into elegant!
  • Oh wow, I'm looking at a venue next week and I thought I was early. Now I'm nervous....
  • Don't be nervous, Koopa. We're all pretty ahead of the game aorund here (except in some areas, you need to hop on booking your venue).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Definitely not too early! Venues book up SO quickly these days. We picked Oct 11, 2014. Works well because Columbus Day falls that Monday I believe, so some people have extra days off that weekend - we have a lot of people coming in from out of town. Pick your venues first then the rest will follow!!! :)
  • That's my birthday too! :) congratulations!!!

It's never too early -- I've done so much planning already for my Oct 2014 wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards