Not Engaged Yet

Weddingbee Wednesday! (XP)

2»

Re: Weddingbee Wednesday! (XP)

• wow that closed quickly...someone must have alerted the hive that we were all coming to poke at them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow...are they really that afraid of knotties?

• @kelley198721, thanks for posting your opinion. While I totally get the rationale behind boycotting TK for a period of time, I must admit that invading WB doesn't sit right with me either. "Killing the buzz" feels unnecessary and, frankly, kind of mean to me. It's one thing to create an account there of your own volition and give the best advice you can; it's another to organize/participate in a seeming sneak-attack like this.

I guess I am curious about what the greater purpose to flocking to WB en masse and calling everyone out on their etiquette mistakes and BSC (albeit politely, from what I read this evening) would be. Not trying to rain on everybody's parade at all; this has just been bothering me a little this evening and I'm trying to figure out why.
  • @amapola14 - Does there have to be a greater purpose to everything? If we are boycotting TK it means we will have time free to go to another board and offer some much needed advice there. And yes there is a bit of a rivalry between the two boards but how exactly is it mean to give women advice that will keep them from looking like rude, jackasses on their wedding days?

• It's not mean to give advice but it depends on how you give it. If you give it in a way like "You need to act like an adult and stop being BSC. Focus on your relationship instead of an engagement or you'll scare off your SO." That's going to make some women react badly and not consider your advice at all. They don't want to be told they're acting childish or crazy. But if you phrase it in a better way while still essentially giving them the same advice, it'll be better received. 

You can say that you're being blunt and honest all you want and that works for some people. But there is a way to still be honest without being so blunt and potentially hurting a woman that may be more sensitive than you. Could they be TOO sensitive? Maybe but that's the way some women are, they're not going to suddenly develop a thicker skin. 

And I'm sorry if my post comes off as preachy, it wasn't intended that way. 

And thank you to @Amapola14 for saying that invading WB doesn't sit well with you either. I appreciate you backing me up :)
  • Agreed. We all know that the advice given on TK is superb. I just think that in a lot of these cases, we might catch more flies with honey than vinegar, as the cliche goes. Not to be too gentle and completely miss the point, but to really promote the attitudes we're trying to convey. And @bethsmiles, no, there doesn't have to be a greater purpose to everything, but I do think the message this WB invasion conveys is worth rethinking.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    @kelley198721How are we supposed to know who is "too sensitive" and who can handle an honest opinion? We can't. So we try to be ourselves and give advice as best as we can. If they don't want to take our advice because we were "mean", then that's really on them. You can't please everyone. 

• I agree with @rdr716

I just want to say that I made precisely two posts on WB yesterday -- not for the purpose of "invading", but because I had never checked it out and also wanted to see if I'd be banned like everyone else. I wrote two VERY nice responses {I think here I'm pretty nice, too, so I wasn't being overly nice there or anything} and I was banned in minutes. That made me really sad.
    So they just trolled over here to see who signed up and then banned them? Ridiculous.

I tried making a SN over there but never got the confirmation email. Glad I didn't waste much time on it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Somehow, I haven't been banned yet.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    There was one thread on WB where several different posters agreed that cheating on your SO is the same as rape and murder. 

ETA: I don't want it to sound like all WB posters are completely nutso. In the same thread there were a lot of posters who disagreed with this notion (thank goodness). 

• rdr716 said:
    There was one thread on WB where several different posters agreed that cheating on your SO is the same as rape and murder. 

ETA: I don't want it to sound like all WB posters are completely nutso. In the same thread there were a lot of posters who disagreed with this notion (thank goodness). 
    Jesus Christ! That is insane!

• I agree with @rdr716

I just want to say that I made precisely two posts on WB yesterday -- not for the purpose of "invading", but because I had never checked it out and also wanted to see if I'd be banned like everyone else. I wrote two VERY nice responses {I think here I'm pretty nice, too, so I wasn't being overly nice there or anything} and I was banned in minutes. That made me really sad.
    Same thing happened to me, and I was nothing but nice. In fact the post where I disagreed with someone is still there. The totally nice post was "moderated for trolling."
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    cu97tiger said:
    I agree with @rdr716

So they just trolled over here to see who signed up and then banned them? Ridiculous.

I tried making a SN over there but never got the confirmation email. Glad I didn't waste much time on it!
    Ditto this, Tiger.  I tried to make an account and never got the confirmation email.  I did however get a few errands done and read a few more chapters of World War Z.

• @RWS2011 - How are you liking World War Z?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards