October 2013 Weddings

Ceremony help!

Okay, sooo let me preface with our ceremony is going to be short sweet and to the point. haha. So we have rented a pavilion gazebo type thing at a local park. But the downfall is there is picnic tables to work with. we are alloud to rearrange them. but theres not way to make them disappear. And Im okay with this! its not ideal; but its okay with us. So my question is without spending A LOT of money for like a 20 min ceremony do you have any suggestions how to dress them up a smidge or simple ideas for the aisle. but again literally going to be there 20 min!
Thanks ladies!!!
image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony help!

• Do you have pictures of your venue?

If you don't want them to be noticed, or even use them, I would just push them off to the sides and not decorate them at all. Decorations draw the guests' eyes TO things. I can't think of anything inexpensive that will make a picnic table look "fancy".

PS Welcome to the board. Intro post, ASAP, please! 
  • Can you find some cheap cloth covers at a dollar store or resale shop? If not, I agree with the above poster to push them aside and out of the way so you don't even have them near the gazebo. I love the idea of an outside ceremony. I am sure it will be beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know if I would do anything about them. If the ceremony is in the park, it is semi-obvious that picnic tables could be in a park. I think it just adds to the park-like ambiance.

If you were really intent on doing something, what about mason jars, with a single flower in them, with some raffia wrapped around the mason jar?  Mason jars are at many local dollar stores...as is a package of raffia. (Have seen/purchased both are our local dollar store.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I agree with @SweInLoveWithDMB; you can't get them completely out of the way.  So rather than fight it, accept them and gussy them up a little bit.

LOVE her suggestions!  :)

Good luck and welcome!  Intro?  :)
  • Thanks ladies!! Well they are going to be used for the seating; because you definitely can't hide them around haha! I'm sure anything can look wonderful just didn't want to go too extravagant for just a small little portion yanno ?
    I'll see if my phone uploads a pic!

Also I did the into many moons back, it may have disappeared tho!! It certainly has been awhile haha ill try to check and see if its still hidden

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenphotochickjenphotochick member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    Oops pic didn't work! Here's a link with a close up of the gazebo.
    http://63141.com/local/parks/millennium-park

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your site is really pretty, I love it!

I think I would do something very very simple like the other girls mentioned.  If the tables aren't in good shape, you can just cover them with a runner or complete and then put simple centerpieces on the table for something extra. The mason jar idea is a really good one.  They are cheap and things to fill them can be dirt cheap too.  If you area  wine drinker, there's things you can do with wine bottles.  And that last idea I have is you can use empty cans (like canned fruit cans) or empty baby jars and glue a simple fabric (lace, burlap)  to them and add some small flowers.  

S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • There were picnic tables at one of the sites I was looking at, too. I was going to put a table cloth over them, a small bouquet on one with the programs,(another idea I had was wedding portraits of all of our older family members on display) and on the other picnic table I was going to have a basket of personalized bottled water (it's outside and I'm in the South, bottled water is a must if you're going to be longer than 30 min). I was going to have the two tables behind the back rows so they wouldn't be a part of the seating, but they would still be usable. I think it would be tougher to deal with them if they were apart of your seating, just because they can be so bulky and a lot of times picnic tables are in bad shape. If you're doing a rustic park theme, I really like the idea of burlap runners with mason jars on top with small flowers. That would be cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!!!!! Thankfully they are nice like recycled plastic ones! I can't wait!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards