October 2013 Weddings

Pocketfold Invites - do you have an inner envelope?

If you are using a pocketfold invite, do you also have an inner envelope?  I didn't really see a point before (just seemed like extra paper!) but now I'm wondering if someone will have "Mr. Jones and Guest" on the outter envelope, throw it away, and not recall if they had a guest invite or not.  Thoughts?

Re: Pocketfold Invites - do you have an inner envelope?

• I would say no - but I don't know much about pocketfold invites. Stuffing a pocketfold into an inner envelope would make for lot of unwrapping when the recipient receives the invitation.

I vote no.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I'm using pocketfolds too. I'm not using inner envelopes, but also we're only inviting people with a guest if they're in a serious relationship and in those cases we've put the guest's name on the outer envelope. Not sure if that's proper etiquette or not though.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pocketfolds for us, and definitely no inner envelope. Then again, if I wasn't doing a pocketfold, I still wouldn't be doing an inner envelope.  I have "& Guest" written on the envelope if there's a guest invited & I don't know their name (I've been doing my research though, and making sure that anyone who is engaged has their fiance(e)'s name written on the envelope). I have the kids names on the envelopes too.

@sarahroslansky, how do you determine if your guest is in a "serious relationship"?
  • I'm doing pocket folds and I don't have an inner envelope. I started writing out my envelopes and I was only addressing them to the invited person. I wanted to address the back of the pockets more informally and include the "and guest", but my handwriting is awful and the pockets wouldn't go through my printer. I ended up printing on some leftover cardstock, going over the print with my calligraphy pen (like my outer envelopes) and then cutting it out with fancy craft scissors.I added swirly pattern stamp on the upper and lower boarders, and attached it to the back of the pockets. Since I'm not inviting everyone with a guest.. I only had to make a few.
  • I just happened to see this (I follow her on facebook)

There is a bellyband that goes over the pocketfold, and that bellyband has the names of the invited people. Removes the need for an inner envelope, but can be a nice touch.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• edited May 2013
    @lplions as far as when a relationship is "serious", we're going with someone who either has come around to a couple family functions (if the guest is family) or who they've been dating for over a year and/or are living with (if the guest is a friend). Luckily for us there isn't really anyone on our guest list who has a significant other that's in the grey almost-serious area, they all are either single or super serious so we mostly got lucky on that because it makes the decisions easier.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sarahroslansky I guess my only struggle with putting a time limit on if it's "serious or not" is because my FH & I knew we were going to get married roughly 6 months into our relationship. Granted, we had been together for another year and a half before he proposed, but, that's besides the point. According to your standards, if you were to invite my FI (my boyfriend at the time) I wouldn't be invited, or visa versa, even though we were definitely in a serious relationship. I'm not trying to say your choice is wrong or anything, it's what ever works for you & your FI, it's just the reason why I asked the question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards