Florida-South Florida

What drinks will you be serving at your reception?!

Hey ladies! My FI and I were putting our heads together and solidifying the wedding menu and the topic of beverages came up. How could we forget that, right?! We have to let our venue know what beverages we want to have and since we are allowed to bring in our own, with a fee of course, we thought it would be cheaper to go that route. I wanted to know what some of you served/plan to serve. For now, we have come up with water, sweet tea (like most places), and pink lemonade (per my little brother who says it would be good for the kids too). As for the alcoholic beverages, we were going to just do beer, wine and limited liquor. Idk maybe Heineken, Guinness, Moscato, ???? <---- that is me drawing a big blank lol!

Re: What drinks will you be serving at your reception?!

• RenaectRenaect member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Because I'm having a brunch wedding reception, I'm serving teas/coffees/juices and sangria. 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • It does not sound like you are having a bar tender, but instead of limited liquor, why not do a signature drink and either have it passed or put it into a big glass self serve urn? 
    Happy Happy MOB
  • agree with the signature drink...it's what david tutera would do! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kdjjkdjj member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    beer, wine and a signature drink is perfect with your non-alcoholic choices.  this will also limit the types of liquor/costs and keep it more manageable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having a bartender but the venue we are looking at allows you to bring in your own beverages or you can choose to have them provide all beverages for a few (~$20+ pp). If possible I would like to see what the prices would be to acquire the bottles from wholesalers versus the venue themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards