Not Engaged Yet

Happy Friday!

I know it's Friday and I should be happy but for some reason I'm a little on the cranky side. It might be because I'm listening to the coworker who sits next right to me "sip" his tea. Every. Single. Sip. has audio. It's almost more of a slurp and I can hear him actually sip the tea and then he swallows and goes "ahh". AFTER EVERY SIP! I want to slap him. 

Ok I'm done. Back to Friday bliss! 

I don't have plans for tonight but I'm kinda thinking I want beer outside somewhere. So maybe I will make that happen. 

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get up, run to the farmer's market to stock up for the week, pack a cooler, and head to the beach.

Sunday, again, no plans. I'm thinking I'll clean and go food shopping and prep breakfast and lunch for the week. 

Re: Happy Friday!

• pet-sitting a hamster, @LivLeighton?

I wish the @... filled in for you like FB.  I hate having to scroll back up to make sure I spelled it right.

pretty much, tonight is the suck.  another "powder keg" day forecasted for most of OK.  large tornadoes, baseball sized hail or larger, torrential winds...  this has been the most active spring we've had since I can remember.  the GOOD news is, if you can survive today then the severe weather should be pretty much over.  the BAD news?  it's pretty much all afternoon and night, so we'll be stuck to the stupid TV the whole evening. 

so, we were going to go eat Mexican food and get groceries, but we'll probably be at home waiting to evacuate...  because I don't want to have to go over there any earlier than I have to.

tomorrow morning we're going to the farmer's market.  all the rain has rotted my baby tomato plants so I have to get new seedlings, and some peppers.  and some fresh cheese, YUM.  then we'll probably get groceries and have lunch at our little Mexican place.  cleaning the house, napping, all the usual. 

Sunday is church and then I'll probably work in the garden while I force H to mow the lawn.  I am a "pretty yard" fiend when the weather is warm.  MY YARD WILL LOOK GOOD, SO GO MOW!  I feel sorry for my H, I really do.
  • @rdr716- Your coworker sounds super annoying. I would want to knock his tea from his hand.

Tonight @lmhollister and I are crafting and I will drink lots of wine.

Saturday FI has a tennis match that morning so I may go for a run while he is at that and then we will spend the day at the pool. I really want to go shopping for some frames for our engagement pictures that we got printed.

Sunday we are going to our 1st Braves game of the season! YAY!! Hopefully it doesn't rain.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @LivLeighton - H did that while we were somewhere on our HM! In his defense, he was pretty sick for the first half of it so I kind of let it slide. I'm disappointed in your 2-drink hangover. 

@CocoBellaF - Do you guys go to work when all of this is going on or do you get to stay home with your family and wait it out? I would be even more of a nervous wreck if I had to be at work during that sort of thing. I'll be thinking of you all day. Please keep us updated! 

@mhollister89 - It takes everything I have not to get violent. What are you guys crafting tonight? I'm really jealous you have a pool to go to. I actually prefer the pool to the beach most of the time because the ocean scares the shit out of me. 

• @rdr716 : we all go to work.  I left a little early yesterday.  they are telling us to treat today as if it were last Monday, when the massive tornado went through.  although I have already turned in my timesheet, I have NO PROBLEM leaving work today if I feel like the weather is getting bad at all.  I have my tornado evacuation bag packed and sitting by the door.  all I have to do is get home, grab the dogs and our laptops, and jet out of there.

however, I am a nervous wreck.  I am about a 20 min drive (work to home) and then about a 5-7 min drive to my parents' (where the cellar is).  last Monday was pretty much a 15 min warning.  so I really don't know.  :(  once they tell us more about when they expect the storms to start firing off, I'll adjust my leave time to that.  I can always fix my timesheet Monday.
  • Happy Friday! DH woke up cranky today, too, @rdr716. Maybe it's a moon thing?

Tonight I'm getting my hair cut, hopefully something semi-drastic. I'm bored with my hair.

Tomorrow, I'm heading down to DC to meet up with one of my best friends, who is in town for the weekend. You know those people who you just ALWAYS have fun with? She's that person for me. I can't wait to talk and laugh and drink with her. It's going to be a blast.

Sunday we're going to the US vs Germany men's soccer game. DH and one of our friends is meeting us there. Should be a blast (thought it's supposed to be HOTTTT). A great weekend on tap, that's for sure!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited May 2013
    @CocobellaF -I hope these storms aren't as severe as last week or severe at all. Stay safe today.

@rdr716- We are painting these mini flower pots with Chalk paint and decorating them and then putting little succulents in them. I've had this cactus obsession lately and I just love them. 

Like this but the whole pot will be black:
    Image of Chalkboard Flower Pots  $24.00

• @rdr716 I can't stand the slurping sounds, fortunately no one around here does that, or I would go crazy. I also want to drink outside tonight too, there's a new bar that opened down the street from us, so maybe I can convince bf to check that out tonight. If not, I'm feeling sassy enough to go by myself.

@livleighton I hope your hangover goes away! I had a similar dinner last night. A cupcake and a glass of wine. I also wished I lived closer to you, I would have you pet sit Buddy when we go on vacation. BF's friend is going to do it since he works down the street, but he said he's also going to raid our liquor cabinet so I'm hiding my favorite vodka.

@cocobellaf I'm glad I'm not the only one who would love an autofill feature when you type @ on here. I'm too lazy to scroll back up to make sure I spelled the name right! Stay safe tonight! I'm also a pretty yard fiend. I re-landscaped our front yard this year. I got rid of the old mulch and put in rubber mulch that looks like real mulch, but made with recycled tires. It's nice since you don't have to buy new mulch every two years. The only thing I may have to do is buy a bag or two every year in case the stuff blows away which so far it hasn't. I also installed some flower boxes and planted snapdragons and am working on a weekend project of making a bird bath out of terra cotta pots that I saw on Pinterest. Hopefully it won't be a Pinterest fail! I also make sure the lawn is mowed once a week. BF has been doing it, but he does a sloppy job (not really, but once again, pretty lawn fiend lol) so I'll probably mow the lawn the way I want this weekend. I'm glad I'm not alone in this matter!!

@mhollister89 I love drinking and crafting! I made a wreath one time for Halloween while I was drinking and I didn't finish it because 1) that bitch Hurricane Sandy ruined Halloween for us and 2) I ran out of supplies and Michael's wasn't open at 11pm. I looked at it the other day and I'm thinking "wtf I must've been really drunk" but I'm going to finish it because I think when it's done it'll look cute for Halloween.

@cu97tiger I want to see pictures of the new haircut! Also, have a blast down in DC! I have a friend like that too, we haven't hung out together in a long time, but she works on Saturdays so that kind of cramps her style.

This weekend, I have to do a little grocery shopping then I plan to do absolutely nothing but work on my tan. I really have no plans whatsoever. I'm kind of boring this weekend, but I like it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @cu97tiger - hair inspiration pics please!  or anything to keep me distracted. 
  • I am drinking some lemon water.  *slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrp*  ahhhhh!  good stuff.
  • @buddysmom80 -I love wreaths! I wish I was talented enough to make one for every holiday. Screw Michael's for being closed at 11pm!! That sucks you weren't able to finish it though because of the hurricane. 
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited May 2013
    @cocobellaf - That's so scary and worse that you have to be at work.

@cu97tiger - I can't wait to see your hair! 

@mhollister89 - Those are so freakin cute!

@buddysmom80 - Is your pool all gorgeous and ready to go? 

• @mhollister89 I'm determined to finish it by this Halloween! Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I went a little BSC buying decorations, so I was so bummed when they cancelled Halloween. This year though, it'll be spectacular.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @rdr716 of course the pool is gorgeous now! That's what 8 gallons of chlorine shock will do to it! We're putting in the ladder tonight, which will be interesting since it weighs a ton without it taking on water, so we have to have it sit on a pad in the pool so it doesn't rip the liner. BF does not like putting his head under water, so I'm going to have to go down there and adjust all this crap. Hopefully I don't drown or get stuck or something.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80- You will have to post pictures of it when you're finished!
  • @mhollister89 If it looks like crap I won't! Just kidding, I will either way. I have a craft project this weekend too, if that comes out good, I'm going to AW asap.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I wanna stay home today ... I got about 8 hours of sleep over the last 3 nights, it's been raining like it's damn monsoon season up here (last time I checked we didn't have monsoons), and my apartment is, predictably, flooding.

Okay, whine off. I don't have enough cheese or alcohol to support it anyway. Maybe I can get a mocha before work.

Tonight BF might be going to gaming, but I'd rather not and I don't think he's terribly enthused about it.

Tomorrow BF has gaming in the evening (different groups).

We both have astronomical mountains of housework and laundry. I know his will be done on Sunday, which is all cool. I owe him 4 episodes of Mythbusters and the whole last season of Futurama anyway.
  • labrolabro member

Aside from my crafting projects with mholl tonight (we're painting the whole pot black??) I have plans to go running tonight with a friend and then my college BFF is flying in from Chicago. Her flight gets in at midnight so we may make a stop at my favorite bar/coffee house thing before we go to my apartment. Yesterday I bought wine, beer, Mike's Hard Lemonade, and a 1.5L of vodka for drinking and making boozy fruit and boozy gummy bears with. Outside of all the drinking we'll be doing our plan is go to Helen tomorrow for river tubing, window shopping, and eating tasty German food. Helen is a little mountain town and the entire town is themed to look like a Bavarian village...even the McDonald's and the Best Western look Germanesque.

On Sunday we're going to the GA Aquarium (they have whale sharks!!) and then going out for sushi. Her flight leaves that night so we'll probably just waste the rest of our time together by wandering around downtown Atl. 

• Today is my last day of vacation before starting the new job (yay!!) so I'm just hanging out at home with the pets and relaxing.

Tomorrow I'm heading down to Long Island with a bunch of girls - we're going to The Package tour!! I'm so excited. It's like all of my 12-year-old dreams are coming true.

Sunday, I'll be coming back from LI in the morning, then probably napping and getting ready for my orientation day on Monday!! I got an adorable outfit for my real first day - I'll post a pic on Tuesday :-)

*******************************************************************************************

• Happy Friday to all!  I hope everyone has a great weekend with their plans.  I have to echo earlier comments that slurpers are the worst.

I'm finally getting my hair thinned tomorrow morning. I have super thick, naturally wavy hair, and with our apartment like a humidity oven, it's difficult to dry and style it. CANNOT WAIT to finally do that tomorrow. 

@lmhollister - I hope you have great time with your friend coming in this weekend! River tubing and the aquarium sounds like a blast.

@KeptinStitches - I hope you get some seep soon. :(  I hate to hear that about all the rain you've been getting.

@buddysmom80 - Super jealous of the pool!

• Bri, that was me loving your post btw. I'm so excited for you and your new job!!

I am hoping R will come over to my place for dinner, movies and sexytime. We usually are at his place, because according to him I live in BFE.

That's about all I have planned lol
  • Today I'm supposed to go to lunch with a friend and then BF is coming up this afternoon. We might go see Star Trek tonight or tomorrow night.

I'd like to go on a hike tomorrow and maybe a picnic!

Sunday I'll probably just laze around with BF before he goes back home.

OR

• Ohhhhhh #2. Do it.

*******************************************************************************************

• I hate not being able to post at work. Tonight we are just relaxing doing a few things around the home.  Tomorrow a few projects depending on the weather.  We have someone coming for quotes to paint our living room and dining room.  We decided to hire painters for that it's a huge area and 9ft ceilings will make it tough. We also need to run a few errands hopefully getting a new phone this weekend.  Same on Sunday but I've got rehearsal at night, my show opens next Friday!!!! So excited for it.  I just wish it wasn't so depressing of a show...

Anniversary

• Not quite Diana but it's cute.

• A

• @cu97tiger- Your haircut is super cute!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @cu97tiger - I love the new haircut! Super cute!

• Thanks Suzie and Beth!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards