July 2013 Weddings

If youve been keeping up with them..

any updates on crazy invitation/ RSVP requests? 

My cousin (the one with the 2 or 3 kids, whoknows!) called me today, I dont talk to her like that.. so it was weird, and she left a 1 min voicemail, so that was even more weird. So I finally check it, and its her calling for my grandma, she appearnly lost her rsvp card, but she mustve "forgot" she mailed it with my dads, it had her handwritting. Anyhow, she was proclaiming her attendance with "3 guests and that I should call her back to get her final headcount"

I was pretty floored to be honest. Livid. and Luckily at work so I could only text back. I responded to my cousin and told her we cant accommodate her "3" kids and that we cant accommodate my grandmas 3 guests. It then goes into this whole text thing, "oh my kids arent invited? theyre going to be hurt" I had to find calmness in me to explain that our budget and capacity cant accommodate. She says she isnt going to come if they cant go. Fine with me. She pauses, and calls my SISTER (who isnt paying for anything) to complain. and texts me back saying if anyone declines she wants to bring them. I said ill keep them in mind, but we only have 1 decline so far. 

And later, I was talking to my sister about what she was saying to her.. Apparently she was complaining because "This is a black wedding I dont know why shes being like this." Im sorry, but my race (Fi is white) does not define anything about me and my fiances celebration.. Like does that mean our wedding is going to be like a family reunion where everyone anyone in my family has known is invited or can just bring anyone??  WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! 

End vent. someone please give a story of some crazy. 

Re: If youve been keeping up with them..

• my family. is the same way with the "black" thing lol. people are just funny that way. you can only afford what you can afford. good job holding your ground. I don't have any crazy stories sorry...
  • Wow that was super rude of her, I really can't believe the gall of some people. No one is going to tell me that if I have other people decline then they get to bring 3 extra guests...hell no! Stand your ground.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whaaatttt? I'm sorry if I'm being super dense, but what the hell does she mean by saying it's a "black wedding"? I seriously don't get it. No matter what race people are, they have their own choices when it comes to planning an event. Oy.
  • exactly! Thanks guys, Im definitely not going to budge at all, cuz that'd mean she could just bully me whenever she'd like. Id rather her and her husband just not come. 
  • Yep this is what people are going to do at our wedding, I already know it. :-( some wont even RSVP and will just show with their family
  • Yeaahh.. its definitely not okay )= When I go home this weekend I'm going to make it a point to let people know if their name wasnt on the invite, they arent invited, and not everyone can bring someone for the sake to bring someone.. I cant make any exceptions at this point, my budget is maxed out and I just cant have any more people come.. im actually hoping for 20 people to decline (as awful as that sounds) 
  • The only thing Im having issues with is people are not understanding the damn bell thing! Is it that hard? There are THREE options t o say you are coming. Pick one!! I just hope no one actually shows up with bells on, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• The only thing Im having issues with is people are not understanding the damn bell thing! Is it that hard? There are THREE options t o say you are coming. Pick one!! I just hope no one actually shows up with bells on, lol.
    That would be hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards