July 2013 Weddings

Were slightly slacking.. WOD!

2»

Re: Were slightly slacking.. WOD!

• today, fi is gonna take me running (ON THE STREET! SCORE!) and to the gym later.. ill probably do upper body! 
  • Amanda, are you swimming laps? I've been going to 'deep water exercise' at my local community center and I love it! Definitely a good low impact cardio & strengthening workout.

Went to U-Jam last night and there was a sub-instructor which I thought was terrible. Hoping to drag FI to the gym with me tonight to do some machines and get a good jog in :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Amanda, are you swimming laps? I've been going to 'deep water exercise' at my local community center and I love it! Definitely a good low impact cardio & strengthening workout.

Went to U-Jam last night and there was a sub-instructor which I thought was terrible. Hoping to drag FI to the gym with me tonight to do some machines and get a good jog in :-)

Yes I've just been swimming laps. I've seen the aqua fit classes going on and it looks like mostly older women so I wonder if my gym has anything a little more intense than that.
  • avolker1 said:

Amanda, are you swimming laps? I've been going to 'deep water exercise' at my local community center and I love it! Definitely a good low impact cardio & strengthening workout.

Yes I've just been swimming laps. I've seen the aqua fit classes going on and it looks like mostly older women so I wonder if my gym has anything a little more intense than that.

haha yeah it's mostly older women in the class my friends and I have been going to but it's  an at your own pace kinda thing, one of the ladies in our class told me she's lost 100 lbs since she started doing it and that a lot of the other people have lost a lot of weight too. My friend's FI went recently and he's in really good shape and enjoyed the class so I think my FI is going to come next time too!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yesterday I did a progressively harder/ faster bike. 3x12 of 4 different excersises. and the same 10 min bike again. it was quick and I was exhausted after! No workout today, we are driving down to san diego. tomorrow we plan on going for a run around the lake at my moms house 

• avolker1 said:

Amanda, are you swimming laps? I've been going to 'deep water exercise' at my local community center and I love it! Definitely a good low impact cardio & strengthening workout.

haha yeah it's mostly older women in the class my friends and I have been going to but it's  an at your own pace kinda thing, one of the ladies in our class told me she's lost 100 lbs since she started doing it and that a lot of the other people have lost a lot of weight too. My friend's FI went recently and he's in really good shape and enjoyed the class so I think my FI is going to come next time too!

Oh wow that's awesome! Maybe I will give it a shot!

• It looks like everyone is doing a really good job!! I've been just "ok" with my workouts. I seriously need to step it up (again). Back to 3 works a week at least!
  • Me too! im slacking... I was in a car about 10-12 hours everyday the past 3 days so my body feels AWFUL. but FI is on me with food and exercise until the wedding, which is good, because I got realy lax! 

Tomorrow I plan on doing a weight circuit. today I felt dehydrated, malnourshied and just tired so i didnt go.. But im eating yummy quinoa, veggies and homemade teriyaki chicken meatballs for dinner! 
  • FI actually came with me to deep water exercise on Monday and actually liked it! My favorite UJam instructor is out again tonight with a substitute I don't like so I'm going to try to make it to BodyPump. I've been doing great on Weight Watchers for the past week and a half, let's hope I can keep up the momentum all the way through to the wedding! Last week I dropped the 4 lbs that I had gained back the prior two weeks, hopefully I'll have dropped another couple by Friday when I weigh myself. Bridal shower is Saturday and then in two more weeks it's Vegas so I'm feeling very motivated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yay! congrats on the 4 pounds down!! I think vegas will keep you motivated. Im going next week, and  I dont even think im excited? I have no idea what we're doing, where we're staying, when im getting there, or even what i'm wearing.. 

anyhow, for workout, FI and I are going running in like half an hour when he gets home! Im pretty excited to go, except the whole 90 degrees in sacramento )= 
  • I just broke 10 minutes on my mile time!!! (My goal is 9 minute mile. I started at about 15. So pathetic.)

9:55 tonight. Not under by much, but hey, man, progress is progress and I'll take it =D I want to get down to 9:00 by the end of this month.
  • Weighed myself Friday and was down another 2 lbs! Yay! Still feeling motivated and staying on track with eating except for the few bottles of champagne that I drank on Saturday at my bridal shower and the 'after party' lol. But I was so busy that I didn't work out at all this weekend so I need to get back on track the rest of this week! We're going to FI's parents for dinner tonight which is an hr away so idk if I'm going to get a work out in, but definitely tomorrow, wednesday, thursday, & saturday!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards