African American Weddings

Finally Decided...

On the song I'm walking down the aisle to. "A couple of forevers" by Chrisette Michelle. I knew it was the one when the Future Hubby played it this morning as we got dressed for work and I got misty. lolz. Love her voice, love the lyrics, the old school feel of the song. I LOVE that she sampled "Stairway to Heaven" but didn't take away from the integrity of the original sound. I tried including the You Tube link, but I'm at work and they block EVERYTHING!!
The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Finally Decided...

• Dannitra01 get out of my head LOL LOL i was thinking about that same song to either walk to or the first dance....OMG 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• edited May 2013
    Neet, this. my. JAWN.  you made my co workers start misting (not. in. a. good. way) because now i'm singing this at my desk.  your fault.   LOL!

hmpp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6GAk0RSIfI

p.s. sidebar?  this chick is totally gonna make me get a banana part fade.  word.

• sultryzulu WHERES THE VID OF YOU SINGING THATS WHAT I WANNA SEE lol....AND THAT HAIRCUT IS NICE BUT NOT FOR EVERYONE

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Neet, this. my. JAWN.  you made my co workers start misting (not. in. a. good. way) because now i'm singing this at my desk.  your fault.   LOL!

hmpp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6GAk0RSIfI

p.s. sidebar?  this chick is totally gonna make me get a banana part fade.  word.

BOL @ all of this girl you and your replies keep me cracking up. But seriously, she is rocking the hell outta that fade. I love this new look she's rocking.
  • misstira said:
    Dannitra01 get out of my head LOL LOL i was thinking about that same song to either walk to or the first dance....OMG 

Great minds think alike Tira! #shoeandsongtwinsies!!
  • edited May 2013
    @ Tira.  girl did I or did I not say these people were cryin?  my Idol career been over.  <-- give thanks. lol!

@ Neet I love love this girl.  this is who fantasia reminds me so much of (singing style wise)
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013

I loved this song.... so beautiful... I loved it when the OJAYS sang it but... I love the remake I was telling my Bff about this song.. now I got to go play it

@dannitra01 i got misty thinking about you walking..

@sultryzulu... im rolling BUT.. im going to need you to pump dem breaks on the banana part fade...

sidenote @dannitra01 and @misstirawould you guys be mad upset if I potentially thought about using this song for the bridal party to walk down too

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • LeciaB said:

I loved this song.... so beautiful... I loved it when the OJAYS sang it but... I love the remake I was telling my Bff about this song.. now I got to go play it

@sultryzulu... im rolling BUT.. im going to need you to pump dem breaks on the banana part fade...

sidenote @dannitra01 and @misstirawould you guys be mad upset if I potentially thought about using this song for the bridal party to walk down too

Awwwwww. That's so sweet :) Girl, use it! I think it is the perfect wedding song. It's not like your stealing my baby name or anything ;) ***sex and the city joke***
  • @ Tira.  girl did I or did I not say these people were cryin?  my Idol career been over.  <-- give thanks. lol!

@ Neet I love love this girl.  this is who fantasia reminds me so much of (singing style wise)
    Really?? I guess I could see it. They both have those raspy bluesy voices.
  • Dannitra01 LOL at stealing the baby name LOL that some Real Housewives of ATL (Kandi and Kim stuff) LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LeciaB said:

Awwwwww. That's so sweet :) Girl, use it! I think it is the perfect wedding song. It's not like your stealing my baby name or anything ;) ***sex and the city joke***
    @ Neet. See now?  everything was fine, why you wanna raise my pressure?  She swore them all to secrecy!  You don't break no girlhood pact!  bish totally stole her baby name.    Shoutout to Kandi Burrus.  LOL.

@ Leesh/Tira.  Don't hate! LOL!! how bout no hair, just keep  my face beat and do what a girl can to rock the hella out a ceasar?    ;)
  • lol @misstira. Seriously, who puts their baby's name in an LLC?? Girl get yo' life.

• minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

Chrisette has a couple good love songs that are appropriate for a wedding. One of my attendants forbade me from using "Love is You," which is from Chrisette's first album.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    minsu5 said:

Chrisette has a couple good love songs that are appropriate for a wedding. One of my attendants forbade me from using "Love is You," which is from Chrisette's first album.

love that song
    but @minsu5 what did they do that?

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • @minsu5 lol 2 her forbidding you to use this song. "Love is You" was on my short list but I've already decided. This is the one!
  • ay yo doug?  you're my not so secret now and forever more crush for using the word forbade!  L.M.A.O.   grammar lust.

brought to you by The Alex Trebbek Society for Hinctiness.
  • minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

LOL ya'll are funny.

@Dannitra01, it's a good song to walk down the aisle. Nice, steady beat and the words are powerful. I just told my friend its a good companion to "Love is You" - songs you love to hear when in love but'll make you cry if you just suffered a breakup.

@LeciaB, she did it in jest (but I knew deep down she really cared for it). However, me and E have already chosen our songs to walk down the aisle and to do our first dance.

@sultryzulu, is The Alex Trebbek Society for Hinctiness accepting applications for new members?

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• minsu5 said:

LOL ya'll are funny.

@Dannitra01, it's a good song to walk down the aisle. Nice, steady beat and the words are powerful. I just told my friend its a good companion to "Love is You" - songs you love to hear when in love but'll make you cry if you just suffered a breakup.

@LeciaB, she did it in jest (but I knew deep down she really cared for it). However, me and E have already chosen our songs to walk down the aisle and to do our first dance.

@sultryzulu, is The Alex Trebbek Society for Hinctiness accepting applications for new members?

uur'y night luvie, 7pm eastern standard on your local abc channel.  lol!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards