Chit Chat

Good Morning Knotties!

2»

Re: Good Morning Knotties!

• @RachelBFMD, thanks for pics of the kitty! He is too cute.

I went to work last night planning to stay until 11, and ended up staying for most of the 12-hour shift when someone called out. I tried to stay until 7:30 this morning, but I was running on almost 24 hours of no sleep and had never worked night shift before, so ugh. So the first part of the weekend has been frantically hoarding sleep. Now that I'm up, I'm gonna pull out the books and do all the studying I didn't do last night.

Tonight, BF is coming over. We are moving furniture - we enjoy moving furniture, we're odd - around since when I moved everything just kind of stayed where we dropped it and it's not functional. Then, as he reminded me, it's our five-year anniversary, so we're going to go have a nice dinner to celebrate. And probably come home and study :(
  • I know it's mid morning/afternoon for everyone but good morning!

It's going to be hot here today, the high is supposed to be 101.  It was terrible yesterday as well.  

I am attempting to still write my paper until 3.  We have a BBQ with our friends tonight for her daughters first birthday. Then back to writing my paper. 

@Kje_ what is your paper on?  Procrastinators unite!  Tomorrow maybe. 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• 500days said:
    Jumping back in here- I love pancetta! I add little bits of it to seemingly everything: sauces, soups, salads, egg dishes, etc. love it.
    Same here, my FI always warns me when I discover a new recipe I better not be planning on adding pancetta to it :D

@Amapola14 I hate nightshift.  I have to do it 2 weeks out of eight and when I do, it totally messes up my body clock for the whole fortnight and I end up playing iPhone games at 4am on my day off. Yuk.  Hope you get your sleep schedule back quickly. 

@ravenray I have a bbq tonight as well, although no where near as nice weather as you have!  What are you writing a paper on? 

I'm so jealous of all you who are getting lovely weather, I am so pale I'm almost see through!  I go on holiday to Egypt at the end of the month and I can't wait for some sunshine, but I don't know how I'm going to cope with 40+ degrees!

• Oh and to make sense of the temperature, 12 (which it is here) is actually 54F and Egypt's temperature is around 110F!
  • @sdg2502 Yay for BBQs!  Are you in England?  I'm basing this question off of your temperature and the use of holiday.  
    My paper is on the Typology of German Word Order.  It's not a hard paper to write (research) and the topic is really interesting but I just don't want to do it.  

Egypt? I am so jealous!  Where are you going and what are you doing?  Do be safe though.  You will be fine with the weather, just drink lots of water and wear sunscreen.  Will you post pictures when you get back?  I've always wanted to go to Egypt.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• 500days said:
    @lyndausvi I'm supposed to change our curtains and other window treatments today. 

I don't even know how to clean them! I have been lazy and lots of cat hair has made its way on to the curtains/drapes. Should I just toss them??
    What kind of curtains are they?   Some need to be dry cleaned, others can go into the washer.  Others I just toss.  More because I like change and dirty curtains are an easy way to redecorate.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • ravenray said:
    @sdg2502 Yay for BBQs!  Are you in England?  I'm basing this question off of your temperature and the use of holiday.  
    My paper is on the Typology of German Word Order.  It's not a hard paper to write (research) and the topic is really interesting but I just don't want to do it.  

Egypt? I am so jealous!  Where are you going and what are you doing?  Do be safe though.  You will be fine with the weather, just drink lots of water and wear sunscreen.  Will you post pictures when you get back?  I've always wanted to go to Egypt.  
    Pro detective skills!  Uk yes, Scotland to be specific.  England is minutely warmer, but not much! 

Wow, your paper does sound really interesting!  I totally get the being interested but lacking motivation, I had work to do for a uni course I'm doing that I kept putting off despite finding it reasonably interesting.  One day I was avoiding it so much I went on a cleaning spree including hoovering the ceiling with the hose attachment, cleaning all the window frames and cleaning the oven.  Then I made a sorbet.  My FI came home and was like 'what happened to the house, did you do your report?' and I was all like 'have some sorbet'.

Going to Egypt for 7 nights, to Sharm el Sheikh.  I'm so excited, it's all inclusive and the hotel has a waterpark so I can float around a lazy river or slide down flumes all day!  We're going with FI's family, they called us a couple of weeks ago and asked if we'd go if they paid half so naturally we jumped on that offer!  We had been thinking we'd maybe get a weekend camping for our summer holiday so this a great surprise.  They are talking about an excursion one day to the pyramids.  I'm really keen, but it involves getting up at 4am, catching a flight to Cairo, then a coach trip, then the pyramids, then the same to get back late that evening.  In 100+ degree heat.    But could I really go to Egypt and not see the pyramids...?  I'll have the factor 50 on the whole time, I am so scared of sunburn.  Would love to post pics though, I'll try and get a couple of good ones! 
  • The curtains I just bought are very nice from BBB. I used a lint roller and my sticky buddy to get the cat hair off, took the plunge and tossed them in the washer on cold and delicate. Thanks for the tips and we'll see what happens! 
  • Scotland!  I love Scotland!  I liked it better than England.  Where do you live in Scotland?  

I love your cleaning story!  The ending made me giggle.  Have some sorbet!  That is about where I am at, however, I really need to get going.  MUST.DO.IT.  

Wow, that sounds like an awesome opportunity.   You will be fine, you really can't go without seeing the pyramids.  Plus at 4 am it won't be hot, well as hot anyways and you can sleep on the plane!  If you are afraid of sunburn, I recommend applying multiple times per day.  Gah! I'm so jealous.  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Happy afternoon!

H went home to visit with FIL and see some movies with him, so it's just me and the dog today. So far, I've worked on my novel a little bit (setting out to do a lot of writing this summer), read some, and went out for coffee. It's a gray rainy day here blah. It has rained all week.

Kind of bored and waiting for H to get home so we can maybe do something. I'm two days into summer vacation and bored already lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I would love to go to Egypt!   I also think Egypt is kind of a cool name. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ravenray said:
    Scotland!  I love Scotland!  I liked it better than England.  Where do you live in Scotland?  

I love your cleaning story!  The ending made me giggle.  Have some sorbet!  That is about where I am at, however, I really need to get going.  MUST.DO.IT.  

Wow, that sounds like an awesome opportunity.   You will be fine, you really can't go without seeing the pyramids.  Plus at 4 am it won't be hot, well as hot anyways and you can sleep on the plane!  If you are afraid of sunburn, I recommend applying multiple times per day.  Gah! I'm so jealous.  
    Agreed. I loved Scotland when I visited, nearly constant rain notwithstanding. It is such a beautiful place!
  • I just cannot catch a break with this day. I'm playing WoW, and I'm working on my Leatherworking, and I need light and medium hide. I have gone to a bunch of places where it's supposed to drop, and for every 10 kills, I get like 1 hide and the rest are leathers. I don't need leather!!!!  I need hide!!!! Grrrrrrr!   (I know none of that makes sense to most of you). 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013
    Despite never having played WoW Addie, I still know what you are talking about.  I guess that is what happens when you have a gaming husband.  Are there any other places you can go? 

@Sommer2011bride What is your novel about? 

Married! May 27th, 2012

• @ravenray I'm doing a Yoga for Stress Management class, so I had to write a 5 pager on anything to do with yoga.  I chose to write about hoe practicing yoga helps with weight management and weight loss.  I had a hard time picking a topic and this paper was like pulling teeth.  I just couldn't figure out how to get everything down without changing topics too much or rambling.  My head hurts a bit now, but it's done and waiting for DH to read it over and make suggestions.  2 more weeks and this course is over and I get a pay raise!!  Whoop!!

To everyone else, I'm done my paper, so feel free to go back to your knotting since I don't need to procrastinate here anymore.  ;)

• Now I feel bad, Offensive Kitten. To be fair, though, I could not bring myself to kill the giraffes, so I went in search of raptors instead. I hope that makes up for it!

• smp87 said:

Well, I spent about 4 hours in the pool, and then washed my car with my sister... and in the process, my bathing suit top flew off. Oops? I hope the neighbors enjoyed the free show!

@sdg2502 @amapola14, I work night shifts only (I am NOT a morning person)... I'd gladly take yours for you if I could!

Lol. Lucky neighbors. ;-)
    Anniversary
  • @AddieL73, you must know by now that games only ever drop things you don't need. I swear games can tell what you're looking for, and then refuse to drop it. Just so you'll play more. But farming is not fun.

As for today- temperature is still ridiculous. 93 degrees when I left work, 86 when I got home (thank goodness for all our trees!). Thankfully, H found some screens so we can open up the windows. So our house is only 88 degrees instead of yesterday's 90+. 

Work was odd. Because of my back sprain, I'm apparently not allowed to push or pull anything? And it's retail, so yeah... that's all I do. I basically just organized the shelves since I wasn't allowed to do anything else. 
  • Moonlight, I have long suspected that!  Especially when you just need one more of something!
  • ravenray said:
    Despite never having played WoW Addie, I still know what you are talking about.  I guess that is what happens when you have a gaming husband.  Are there any other places you can go? 

@Sommer2011bride What is your novel about? 
    It's a suspense novel. It's my absolute favorite genre to read--I love it. I'm in the very very early stages of it right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  •  I'm so excited, it looks fantastic and we really didn't think we'd get a summer holiday this year-we went to New York for my birthday in January (that's when FI proposed) so we are so lucky to be going away again!  I'm really lucky that I live in Europe so we have so many great places that we can go to for relatively small amounts of money, but America has the same advantage with places like Hawaii and Mexico and then South America. 
    I've never played WoW because it would eat my life.  I played the Sims and created a little sim FI and I.  I had to stop playing when we both got old and grey because I don't think I could have coped if one of us had died!  I play lots of Xbox though.  I'm in the middle of Skyrim right now.

I live on the west coast of Scotland, in Ayrshire.  Last nigh i drove to Largs for the BBQ so I went a slightly different route from normal and it was one I'd never taken before.  It was a gorgeous drive, loads of beautiful scenery.  Apparently, the weather should be clear all week which is pretty much a wonderful summer to us so I'll need to advantage of that and get out and about!

@smp87 If I could give you my nightshifts I would!  I'm working one before my holiday, Friday evening 7pm-7am Saturday morning.  Then we have to be in Edinburgh airport by lunchtime to fly out.  I'm going to be so tired!

@summer2011bride I hope you tell me where your book is when you've finished, I'd love to read it! 

• @Summer2011Bride, that is so cool! Mad props for working on something like that - I love reading suspense but could probably never plan a good plot like that. Please update when you publish!

@smp87, I really enjoyed my almost-night shift, just wasn't prepared for it since I got called in at the last minute. It was so much more relaxed than in the daytime and I cannot believe how much I got done. I would definitely try the vampire life again - just hopefully with some sleep thrown in before and after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards