Luxury Weddings
Options

Help me prepare!!

So we're travelling down to FL this upcoming weekend to meet with vendors etc for our wedding in January. This will be the last time we go there before the wedding (except for in Dec when we have to fly down to grab the marriage license). Since we are meeting everyone in one weekend I wanted to make sure I won't forget anything.
Our wedding coordinator set us up to meet with...

-florist
-officiant
-photographers
-musician
-restaurant

Is there anything I need to make sure I bring/ask? I know a pic of my gown would be good to have. But other than the ideas I have in my head, what else is there?

Re: Help me prepare!!

• Options
    I also had to plan a wedding from afar.  I bought some sample pictures of flowers I like to the florist but that was about it.

I actually never met the musicians in person, we just sent everything via email.  Even then they didn't want it until a few weeks out.

We did an e-shot with the photographer so we needed an outfit for that.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Cake vendor? Linens? Make-up/hair?
  • Options
    Florist - some photos of things you like. My planner had me create a Pinterest so I had a bunch pinned that I could show from my phone. You should also have photos of your dress, the bridesmaid dresses, and the venue if they haven't seen it before. When I met with florists, I made it clear that I did not want them to just duplicate the flowers in the photos. I wanted creativity. Our florist won us over when she came to the venue and sent us some very creative ideas and had a specific plan.

Officiant - we didn't have anything with us. He had a bunch of readings for us to look over and we just picked them.

Photographer - We didn't bring anything. We just looked at lots and lots of photos. Find out how many hours are included in the package. If you are going to have a 2nd or 3rd photographer, ask who that person is. Ask who would photograph your wedding if the photographer was sick or had an emergency.

Musician - what type are you using? DJ? Band? 

• Options
    @Mstellah we are just having a dinner afterwards. It's a smallwedding (about 20ppl) so linens and cake don't quite apply. Make up and hair is a good idea! I should probably take care of that! Thanks.

@andreajulia great tips! I'll load up my phone :) we are havinga violinist and an acoustic guitar player just at the beach during the ceremony. No bridesmaids (just my kids standing next to us). Thank you so much!

@lyndausvi thanks for your reply. Were you able to complete a lot by phone? Was it difficult?

I appreciate the replies. I could use all the help I can get! :) thanks again ladies
  • Options
    We did everything from email and phone.    I didn't find it hard.   Just remember that the vendors tend to be busy on the weekends, so you have to take time during the week to talk to a lot of them.  

I was there 10 months out and then again 3 months out.  I really didn't think I needed the second trip.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I am planning from afar, too, but it isn't too bad for us to travel there. We live in Buffalo, NY, and are getting married in Hoboken, NJ. I would have done a lot by phone or just trust the planner's judgment, but my FI was big on meeting everyone. We've made a lot of trips.
  • Options
    Don't have a huge amount to add here but GOOD LUCK (and yay FL!! you are going to love it)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards