Hawaii

Hawaii Destination Wedding

Hello all,

So my fiance and I are thinking of a destination wedding in Hawaii...but we have no idea where to start. Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Re: Hawaii Destination Wedding

• First you may want to consider what island you want.  Then I would highly recommend a planner as they can guide you to venues that may be suitable for you and also know which vendors are reputable.
  • Start with a budget...and stick to it.  Weddings in Hawaii can get pricey quickly, so knowing & agreeing on your budget early is important.

Next, I'd ask what kind of wedding you want.  Hawaii is just a location -- what do you and your fiance envision?  Smallish?  Largish?  Beach & barefoot?  Hotel banquet?  

Depending on your style, different islands will offer different options.  Oahu and Maui have the most in terms of vendor & venue variety, but you can definitely find something on any island. Oahu and Maui are also more touristy, so if your guests have never been to Hawaii, there's more to see & do.

If you have a sense of what kind of wedding you want & can share that, I'm sure the ladies here will have plenty of suggestions.
  • I'm getting married on Maui and we're having a simple wedding with 18 guests or less.  We are using SimpleMauiWedding.net for our wedding coordinator.  If you visit their website they have a simple, informative layout and Maui is a wonderful island to get married on.  It's beautiful but not as busy as Oahu (honolulu/waikiki) ..... Kauai is gorgeous as well (my personal favorite) but there's more for our guests to do on Maui.  good luck!
  • If you want a small beach type wedding I would suggest Summer Kapanui, alohabecker@gmail.com also www.renitareis.com for photos! They did a great job on a friends wedding. Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards