Wedding Reception Forum

Favors & things....

I'm getting married in September and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for very cheap but cute wedding favors? .. Personalized things are my favorite. I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that someone is more than likely going to throw away.

I'm also looking for a tablecloth to go over the bride & groom table, with our initial on it.. Kind of like a monogram.  Anyone have an idea where to find a cheap/good quality personalized table cloth? I've googled everything.. but I'm not finding what I want.

Re: Favors & things....

• Most people on here (myself included) are of the opinion that edible favors are by far the best. I can't tell you how many time I've seen wine stoppers, personalized coasters, etc. at wedding and people leave them on the table. Waste of money. Personalizing some aspects of your wedding is great - but not the favors. For example, I will likely never use the coasters from a friend's wedding that have their initials and wedding date on them... because they're their initials and wedding date, not mine.

Chocolates, homemade jams (if you do that sort of thing), etc. are usually very popular. If you want to personalize it, bake a batch of your or your FI's favorite cookies (be sure to indicate if there are nuts or other ingredients that someone might be allergic to), or pay a little extra to have your names on the chocolate bar wrapper.
  • if you're giving a favor just to give one and it's cheap then it will probably be thrown out. give every one a cookie. i do not keep any favors with someone elses initials on them-just clutter.

buy a tablecloth. buy initial stencils. use fabric paint. there you go.

• Edible favors all the way. Please avoid personalized favors b/c honestly, nobody wants a trinket with someone else's name or wedding date on it. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    If you do favors at all, I'd avoid personalized ones.  These are the most likely to be abandoned at the reception.

No one will miss favors if you don't do them.
  • I'm getting married in September and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for very cheap but cute wedding favors? .. Personalized things are my favorite. I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that someone is more than likely going to throw away.

I'm also looking for a tablecloth to go over the bride & groom table, with our initial on it.. Kind of like a monogram.  Anyone have an idea where to find a cheap/good quality personalized table cloth? I've googled everything.. but I'm not finding what I want.
    Skip personalized favors.  Most people don't want something with your names/wedding date/etc on it.  Edible is really best.  Or, you can save the money.....favors are not required!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    If you do favors at all, I'd avoid personalized ones.  These are the most likely to be abandoned at the reception.

No one will miss favors if you don't do them.
  • I'll be honest; I used to collect favors. (This might mean I need a shrink; I don't know.) 

Most people, however, don't. ;) 
  • Edible all the way.  I DIY'd my own wrapped chocolate bars.  I bought boxes of bars from a bulk store and then bough craft paper and ribbon and wrapped them myself.  I think I spent $50 total on 140 favors 

• I have to agree, edible is most popular way to go. You can personalize it by making it a favorite item you and FI love to eat, a food item from a favorite bakery, store or resturant. Or like a pp, personalize the item with doing a custom label. Lots of ways to "personalize" the item but still making it something the masses will enjoy.

I did chocolate suckers for my wedding, I didn't have a single one left behind after the wedding was over. Which is interesting since I had 20 more made then I had guests and they were put down on peoples plates...lol.

• I found personalized jams and flavoured syrups from a company that i have visited and bought from for many years. they make all of their jams and syrups from local orchards in the okanagan, b.c ,canada.I actually just emailed them for a quote and their small bottles are $1.60 with personalized labels on the back. they are called summerland sweets
  • A wedding I once attended gave coffee beans in beautiful bean bags as favors. Everyone wanted to get more than one bag. Needless to say guests loved it. I too don't like favors w/ someone else's name on it. How bout doing personalized M&M's? You can see list here for some favor ideas
  • If you want to do chocolate you could order Hershey Kisses or M&Ms candies in your wedding colors
  • We went with cookie cutters and tied a tag on them with my husband's and my Bible verse we loved and on the other side of the tag, we wrote "We are 'cut out' for each other." :) Cookie cutters were $15 on amazon.com for 101 of them and people could choose their own shape - pretty simple! And they weren't personalized, but at least people could give them to their kids to use! :) We threw them all in 2 white Dollar Tree plastic bins - super cute amongst all the other colors/items we had on the table. Easy - and cheap!
  • I like the idea of edible favors.Fortune cookies seem to be the rage right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards