Luxury Weddings

Getting to know you

AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited June 2013 in Luxury Weddings
Here's a few fun questions for today:
1. How did you meet your fiance/husband/wife?
2. If time travel existed, would you choose to travel backward in time or forward? You would stay the same age and you can go back to the present whenever you want.
3. What is your favorite way to spend your time alone?
4. What is your favorite way to spend time with your SO?
5. If your wedding was happening in the next month, which songs would be on your must play list? your do not play list?

Re: Getting to know you

• edited June 2013
    We worked together at a bar. He was my boss ;)

2. If time travel existed, would you choose to travel backward in time or forward? You would stay the same age and you can go back to the present whenever you want.
    I would travel backward. I don't want to know the future, I like surprises! But I would travel way way back in the past, I'm a historian and antique dealer so history is my love!

I watch shows my fl hates (ie dance moms, project runway). But I don't get much alone time with the kids

We go garage sale hopping and antiquing. We also play Mario kart and trivial pursuit. We also go down to siesta key fl tons!

5. If your wedding was happening in the next month, which songs would be on your must play list? your do not play list? No music at wedding but... Anything and everything metal!!! :) \m/
  • 1. How did you meet your fiance/husband/wife? We work together

2. If time travel existed, would you choose to travel backward in time or forward? You would stay the same age and you can go back to the present whenever you want. Odd one for me. My DH is 17 years older than me, so I'd travel back in time to when DH was that age. So, then we'd meet and start our lives off together at the same age.

3. What is your favorite way to spend your time alone? I'm a regular at the local Red Door Spa. I go 1-2 times per month.

4. What is your favorite way to spend time with your SO? We love to travel. We go on vacation 3-4 times a year, depending on how much vacation time I have banked up. We just got back from Kauai yesterday.

5. If your wedding was happening in the next month, which songs would be on your must play list? your do not play list? I didn't have a playlist at my wedding since we got married on such a remote island and didn't have any guests. However, I do have a few songs on my phone that I labeled as "our" playlist: "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds, "You and I" by Lady Gaga (He grew up in Nebraska), "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by the Beach Boys, and "Lucky" by Jason Mraz.  

• 1. How did you meet your fiance/husband/wife?

Missed Connections

Forward

Exploring. I love finding areas of my city that are new to me and walking around, trying foods, shops, etc.

Hiking or going out for drinks

5. If your wedding was happening in the next month, which songs would be on your must play list? your do not play list?

Must play: Shout, Cherry Cherry, Girlfriend Is Better, American Boy (which my band plays and I'm PSYCHED for), and lots of Motown in general.

Do not play: Carwash, Macarena, Chicken Dance, Last Dance, Thriller
  • Here's a few fun questions for today:
    I was a restaurant manager and he was our plumber.
    I would go back. There are so many people I would like to see again.
    In my PJ's watching bad reality TV.
    Dinner and drinks
    Playlist - Definitely Elvis and Frank Sinatra and some Grand Funk Railroad for my FI.
    Do Not Play - Macarena, chicken dance
  • @zoberg, oh yeah, that was you! I love the Missed Connections meeting. I can think of 2 times when I was single where I spent a good amount of time talking to some guy (one at the dog park and one on a train) and didn't exchange numbers. We seemed to have a connection and I checked that board for a few days after. Not sure why I didn't just post myself. I guess I was scared of impostors.

Here are my answers:

He was a paid advocate for the product I was selling. I was working a big account and brought him in to talk about how he uses it and for training. We lived in different states (8 hour drive) so it didn't click that we could be potential SO's. He added me on Facebook a few days later and we would comment/chat from time to time. A few months later, he went to one of my other accounts without me and called to update me and we stayed on the phone for hours. We then started talking regularly and eventually started visiting each other. The last year before I moved to be with him, he flew in every weekend to see me. 

I was going to say forward so that I can see how different the world will be, but @elizabetheleven makes a good point about then there won't be any surprises. I could see that being ok if you know fantastic things are to come, but what if the future stinks? It would ruin your present when you go back. 

Being lazy with my dog. I am always so busy nowadays with my job and wedding planning. My FI is usually very active and always doing something so when he is away, I like to take a few hours or a day out to just do nothing.

Dinner, vacation, just hanging around the house

Must play: Shots by Lil Jon/LMFAO (I'm sure that's on many a do not play list, but my friends and I always love to get goofy when that song's on), Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine, Can't Hold Us by Macklemore, Stolen by Dashboard Confessional

Do not play: Chicken Dance, Electric Slide, Cupid Shuffle

I'm going to add another question that you can answer if you want: how old are you?

I'm 33.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    1. How did you meet your fiance/husband/wife? We met at a birthday party. Weird tidbit: we actually went to elementary, middle and high school together but never met. He is a year older
    2. If time travel existed, would you choose to travel backward in time or forward? You would stay the same age and you can go back to the present whenever you want. I would stay the same age and travel back to 1776. I work in politics and I would love to witness all that happened in the USA.
    3. What is your favorite way to spend your time alone? reading, napping, working out, taking my dog to the dog park
    4. What is your favorite way to spend time with your SO? traveling, trying new restaurants and doing nothing together while we watch Law and Order
    5. If your wedding was happening in the next month, which songs would be on your must play list? your do not play list? I would have Icona Pop; I love it, played. Such a fun dance song

I am 28
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KatWAG, one of my best friends had the same background with her husband. They went to K-12 together, but did not actually meet until after college. I wonder how things might have been different if you did know your husband all that time.
  • Can you not edit posts anymore? I am 33. @KatWAG- LOVE your response about 1776. DH and I are huge history buffs (more him than me I suppose). Pre-Reconstruction is my fav period. My DH is enamored with WWI and WWII. @Andrea- I love "Shots!" as well. I work out to it all of the time. I should actually expand on #4 since we obviously do not travel on a daily basis. We have "Chipotle Fridays" where we have lunch there every Friday unless we're out of town. We often eat there several times a week, but we always look forward to Fridays. We also have a few favorite upscale restaurants that we like to eat at on a regular basis. We always end up ordering the same things each time. We also have an evening TV schedule where we just watch our fav shows and cuddle with the cats!

• UGH WTF is up with the formatting? LOL

• @katWAG my fl and I actually went to the same middle school! We even lived close to eachother and hung out at the same places.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    1. How did you meet your fiance/husband/wife? We met in a bar at 12:30 am.

2. If time travel existed, would you choose to travel backward in time or forward? You would stay the same age and you can go back to the present whenever you want.  I'd like to go back to college but with the life knowledge i have now.

3. What is your favorite way to spend your time alone?  Mani/Pedi or shopping

4. What is your favorite way to spend time with your SO? Cuddling

5. If your wedding was happening in the next month, which songs would be on your must play list? your do not play list? Icona Pop- I love It and AWOLnation. I love them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    @katWAG my fl and I actually went to the same middle school! We even lived close to eachother and hung out at the same places.

Love it! H and I grew up 4 blocks apart aand never met! I guess we met when we were supposed to in life. I am pretty sure if we met in middle/ high school we wouldnt have gotten along. We both had growing up to do.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    Can you not edit posts anymore? I am 33. @KatWAG- LOVE your response about 1776. DH and I are huge history buffs (more him than me I suppose). Pre-Reconstruction is my fav period. My DH is enamored with WWI and WWII. @Andrea- I love "Shots!" as well. I work out to it all of the time. I should actually expand on #4 since we obviously do not travel on a daily basis. We have "Chipotle Fridays" where we have lunch there every Friday unless we're out of town. We often eat there several times a week, but we always look forward to Fridays. We also have a few favorite upscale restaurants that we like to eat at on a regular basis. We always end up ordering the same things each time. We also have an evening TV schedule where we just watch our fav shows and cuddle with the cats!
    Now I want Chipotle. And its 9:30 am. Its sooo good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I could eat Chipotle for every meal. That or pizza.

• 1. We met through a mutual friend (who still claims she didn't mean to set us up ;-) while they were out celebrating after taking their step 3.
    2. If time travel existed I would probably want to stay right where I am- while it would be cool to see the future, I like to be surprised.
    3. I spend my alone time hanging with my boys (my dogs) and going shopping with my girlfriends.
    4. We spend a lot of our time together training for crossfit. It's a hobby that we both have gotten pretty competitive with over the last year and we really enjoy being able to share that with eachother.
    5. Right now I really like Train's Marry Me song :-)
  • Here's my two boys (Axel and Koa) and two pups we were fostering. And a picture of my favorite boy <3 and our fosters
  • @racheogle, I love all those CUTE doggies! The one that is the second from the top is especially darling. How do you keep from becoming a foster failure? It looks like your pups and the foster pups have really bonded.
  • @AndreaJulia we had those cuties for about 3 weeks and luckily people we knew ended up adopting them so we still get updates :-) our other two are still pretty young ( 1 1/2 and 10 mons) so having 4 was a handful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards