Not Engaged Yet

Summer TV

I watch a lot of TV and while many of my favorite shows are over for summer, a lot of my other favorites are about to start! I'm curious to see what you guys watch in the summertime. Anyone else a TV addict like me? 

The Killing -- Started last night and I think this is going to be a really good season.
Mistresses -- Premieres tonight but I haven't heard too much about it.I love Alyssa Milano and I hope this show is successful for her!
Switched at Birth -- I know @jenjenniferf will be excited for this with me :)
Pretty Little Liars -- 8 dayssssssssssssss!
Twisted -- Premieres after PLL, I'm going to check it out.
Big Brother -- My favorite show of the summer, every summer. I'm completely obsessed and I am not the least bit ashamed. 
Dexter -- I cannot wait for the new season although I'm SO sad this show is ending. One of my favorites of all time.
Ray Donovan -- New show that premieres after Dexter. I love Liev Schreiber and this show looks totally awesome. 

Re: Summer TV

• I love switched at birth and secret life. I'm interested in the fosters (I think it premieres tonight or tomorrow) on abc fam

We also watch rookie blue and covert affairs. Basically the lead girl gets shot at at least once an episode

The glades is like cheesy detective so we like that

Just started watching motive on abc. It has potential (I like crime shows duh)

Watching the bachelorette but the guys seem eh this season. I'm glad I'm engaged to fi lol

I'm mainly bumping up this thread so I can get more ideas. We DVr everything and watch tv on days when there's no live baseball (Os primarily, although my heart is with the Yankees).

I also watch Ellen (on DVr) almost every day. I love her lol.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited June 2013
    UGH I'm boring and I only religiously watch:

PLL- So obsessed with this show from the beginning! I can't wait for this season.

The Bachelorette- I don't think it's going to be as exciting this season. The men all seem very strange and creepy lol. I hope she finds a good one in there.

I want to start watching The Fosters and Twisted though. 

My eyeballs are pretty much glued to the Braves over the Summer and I forget about anything else on TV and then comes Football and it starts all over again.

I also watch Chopped, Pioneer Woman, and Paula Deen every day since they are on while I work out. : )

• rdr716 said:
    I watch a lot of TV and while many of my favorite shows are over for summer, a lot of my other favorites are about to start! I'm curious to see what you guys watch in the summertime. Anyone else a TV addict like me? 

The Killing -- Started last night and I think this is going to be a really good season.
    Mistresses -- Premieres tonight but I haven't heard too much about it.I love Alyssa Milano and I hope this show is successful for her!
    Switched at Birth -- I know @jenjenniferf will be excited for this with me :)
    Pretty Little Liars -- 8 dayssssssssssssss!
    Twisted -- Premieres after PLL, I'm going to check it out.
    Big Brother -- My favorite show of the summer, every summer. I'm completely obsessed and I am not the least bit ashamed. 
    Dexter -- I cannot wait for the new season although I'm SO sad this show is ending. One of my favorites of all time.
    Ray Donovan -- New show that premieres after Dexter. I love Liev Schreiber and this show looks totally awesome. 
    @rdr716 - a girl I went to HS with won Big Brother a bunch of years ago. Lisa Donovan. Also, another girl I went to HS with, her son is playing Dexter's son this season. She posted some FB pics from behind the scenes. All her kids are models and her husband was on a soap opera.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Ok, I need something to watch this summer, preferably quirky. I'm still in mourning for Eureka - anyone got any suggestions?
  • Rizzoli and Isles is back in a few weeks on TNT. If you like shows like Castle, Bones, etc, you'll like it. It's about a Boston homicide detective (Angie Harmon) and the chief medical examiner (Sasha Alexander) who are polar opposites but best friends. They solve crimes and kick ass. It's also funny because Rizzoli's family is crazy (her mom is played by Lorraine Bracco from The Sopranos).

Under the Dome, based on the Stephen King novel, is supposed to start at the end of June, too. It looks interesting from the ads.

We also plan to watch The Mindy Project because we didn't watch it during the regular season but it looks funny.
  • I have no idea of what to watch this summer... 
    may be I'll check out some of these....

Anniversary

• I'm bad and started watching RHONJ last night. It's my guilty pleasure. I also started watching the new season of Master Chef. Arrested Development is still on the to-do list. I will probably pick up more once grades close for the school year.
  • @cu97tiger - That's so cool! I didn't watch the season she won. Season 7 was the first season I watched. 

@500days - Is it the same cast as the last couple seasons? If they got rid of all of them and brought in a whole new cast, I'd start watching again. As much as I hated her, Danielle brought all the drama her seasons were the most entertaining for me. Now it's just boring ass family drama.

• @rdr716  It's the same cast with the Teresa/Melissa drama. It's like a train wreck!
  • @rdr716 I'm actually way too excited for Pretty Little Liars. I seriously can't wait. I need to know who Red Coat is, like now. 
    I also love Switched at Birth and I loved Secret Life. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • HuckSCHuckSC member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I am a BIG fan of Rookie Blue and Covert Affairs. Also like the other USA shows. White Collar although they've been moving that out of the summer season some.
  • I'm so bad at watching tv. Right now focus is on hockey (go bruins). We dvr Master Chef, Hells Kitchen and Nurse Jackie. @rdr716 I love Danielle from RHONJ: "love and light!!!!". I forgot the new season started but the whole Teresa/Melissa drama is old and the other two annoy me. Does anyone know if RHONY starts this summer? I love Carole Radziwill on that show.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Ever since I got Netflix I'm horrible at keeping up with shows.

My only summer show is the Bachelorette and I never make it to the end.

• Falling Skies. OMG I can't wait for the new season to start on Sunday. I'm going to crap myself.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @rdr716 - I LOVE BIG BROTHER.  I don't get the online feeds or anything, but hopelessly read about what's going on in the house daily when it's on.
    cu97tiger - I vaguely remember Lisa! I think she was on Season 3 and did an All Stars?  I don't remember if I liked her or not, lol

Outside of Big Brother, I'll watch Covert Affairs.  I also love watching Masterchef which just started not too long ago. The cooks make everything look so effortless and I envy their cooking skills.
  • @beanbot2002 Falling Skies is my BF's show. He has watched the entire 1st and 2nd season through the marathons on TV. What's up with that little girl's face?
  • @jezziebeth -- YES! I'm not alone! We'll have to discuss when the new season begins. 

Actually. Wait. I need to know your thoughts and feelings on Rachel and on Jordan. This could make or break our Big Brother friendship. 

• @rdr716 I loved to hate Rachel. I loved Jordan but didn't think she should have won the whole thing because she kind of just floated around and Jeff took the shots for her.

I hope we can still be BB friends, lol
  • I'm gonna be honest... I don't watch actual TV much. I'm awful at catching weekly new episodes, etc. 

Right now I'm watching Game of Thrones (almost done season 1),True Blood (almost done with season 4) and Merlin (procrastinating on starting season 5... it's gonna be sad). 

Next up on my to-watch list is Arrested Development and Sherlock. Also, I would like to start Supernatural... Tumblr has made me curious. I also have a butt load of anime that I'd like to watch at some point. 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    @thelamarrs - BF and I are (recently) obsessed with Game of Thrones! We watched a mega-marathon of the first two seasons right before season 3 came out and now we love it! BF is even reading the books and he normally doesn't read :)

And OMG Sherlock!!! [Insert ridiculous screaming here] Yes, three exclamation points are totally necessary! I LOVE Sherlock. And if you watch it soon you will be so lucky because series three is coming out soon (in November I think). Some people have been waiting years for series three...it's made the fandom a little crazy lol

Arrested Development is alright. I don't think it was as good as the hype made it out to be. BF and I watched it on Netflix this weekend because we heard such good things about. It wasn't bad just not my favorite.

• @bethsmiles I'm on S1E9 right now of Game of Thrones! BF is current and has been bugging me to catch up. I watched the episode that came on this weekend though... haha. Oops.

And yeah! That's the general consensus about Sherlock. It's my next go to! I'm stoked! :D

Arrested Development is also a show BF loves. I'll get around to watching it eventually, :)

Any shows you recommend? 
  • @jezziebeth - We can be BB friends. I absolutely detest Rachel. Everything about her drives me mad. Her laugh is the absolute WORST. And I love Jordan, but I agree I don't think she should have won (although I was rooting for her). BB is my favorite part about summer. 

• rdr716 - Something tells me that we're gonna be awesome BB friends this summer! I thought the most annoying thing about Rachel was the constant screeching of "BREEENNDDANNNN!" and "DON'T MESS WITH MY MAN! MY MAN!"

• @jezziebeth - RIGHT?! I hope there isn't a twist this season where they bring back old contestants. I want all new blood.

• @thelamarrs - If you haven't watched Doctor Who I highly recommend it. It did take me awhile to really get into it but now I'm obsessed!

• @rdr716 - Me too! I'm tired of the old houseguests coming back. 
  • @500days I'm drawing a blank. Are you talking about the girl on the season 3 commercials? With the blood coming out of her eye? The aliens have these parasite things that bore into your eye/body and they take over or something. It's super fucking creepy.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

•  

Or are you talking about this girl? All I know is she has been 'harnessed'.

• @500days I'm drawing a blank. Are you talking about the girl on the season 3 commercials? With the blood coming out of her eye? The aliens have these parasite things that bore into your eye/body and they take over or something. It's super fucking creepy.

I saw that commercial when BF and I went to see the new Star Trek movie. I've never watched Falling Skies so it just freaked the hell out of me!

• @bethsmiles I love love love that show. Senor got me into it. Now Elijah is obsessed with it, so it's our Sunday night 'family' thing during the summers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards