Connecticut

Anthony's

Has anyone had their reception at Anthony's ocean view? I went and plan on having 140-150 people they showed us the Lily room I'm not sure if its as small as it felt anyone have any thoughts

Re: Anthony's

• I'm getting married at Anthony's next month in the Rose room - we can't wait! We originally wanted the Lilly room but it was booked on the date we wanted. I did go to a wedding in the Lilly room last August though and I think it was plenty big enough for 140-150 - definitely! The wedding we went to had at least that many people and there was still a ton of room. If your looking for a little bigger, maybe try the Rose room? but they are pretty much identical. I do like all the windows, the side patio, and the Bridal suite better in the Rose room :-)

• We have a guest list of 143 and we are in the Paradise Room. They told us that it accommodates up to 150 people and that Lily room wasn't an option (which is okay with me since the view in the Paradise room is gorgeous and our garden has that beautiful waterfall, but I will admit that the size concerns me).
  • HBrown...how many people are you having at your wedding in the rose room?  Is there a minimum that you have to pay for, I really liked anthonys and the price they gave us but the other rooms arent' booked yet for the date we are looking at and the bridal suite size concerns me plus other weddings going on and how they are seperated...we have a large bridal party which worries me with the size of the suite I would have thought they would have offered the rose room seeing it is less than a year away and still not booked.
  • We've invited 175... I'm thinking we'll end up with 160-165, we'll see though! So far we've had very few declines...I think the usual minimum for the Rose room is 175, which was above what we wanted to commit to so we were going to take the Lilly room, but there was an issue on their part when we tried to book so we were able to get them to lower the Rose room minimum so we could book there. FYI - if no one books the other side at all on your date - it is possible to get them to open the whole ball room for your wedding! As of a few weeks ago the other side was still open on my date, fingers crossed on getting the whole ball room! lol I'm doing at Thursday night, this July 11th. So nervous/excited!

Are you having your ceremony there?

Linds- If I'm not mistaken, I think the minimum for the downstairs Lilly room is 150...
    And I love that garden area with the waterfall too... its our incase of rain plan - as they recently covered that area!
  • We've invited 175... I'm thinking we'll end up with 160-165, we'll see though! So far we've had very few declines...I think the usual minimum for the Rose room is 175, which was above what we wanted to commit to so we were going to take the Lilly room, but there was an issue on their part when we tried to book so we were able to get them to lower the Rose room minimum so we could book there. FYI - if no one books the other side at all on your date - it is possible to get them to open the whole ball room for your wedding! As of a few weeks ago the other side was still open on my date, fingers crossed on getting the whole ball room! lol I'm doing at Thursday night, this July 11th. So nervous/excited!

Are you having your ceremony there?

Linds- If I'm not mistaken, I think the minimum for the downstairs Lilly room is 150...
    And I love that garden area with the waterfall too... its our incase of rain plan - as they recently covered that area!
  • That's great I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! I'm thinking we are going to go elsewhere because it just felt to tight especially with the bridal suite thank you for the info
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards