Chit Chat
Options

Bad habit you/your SO has?

My SO is a VERY BAD driver (or it could be that i'm the worst back seat driver ever lived), falls asleep almost instantly during any movie, or whenever we lay together on the couch, and chewing tobacco (trying to break that habit ASAP) 

Okay, now how about your SO? or even you yourself? 

I'm a big snack grazer, coffee addict, and HAVE to have a home made fruit smoothie almost every night.  
Can't forget the habit of being a big TK lurker ; ) especially on the juicy, catty posts. 

Re: Bad habit you/your SO has?

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    He leaves glasses of water EVERYWHERE. And he leaves cabinets and drawers open constantly. It used to drive me bananas but I realized yesterday that I have started doing both of those things too! So I have definitely let those habits go!

I don't have any bad habits of my own ;-) Just kidding, but BF will have to shed some light on them for me since I am oblivious.

ETA: OK, mine would be leaving crap all over the bedroom floor - clothes, books, you name it. They are in organized clusters that are easily navigated around, and I do clean them up eventually, but they are a near-constant. He has never said anything to me about it, bless him, but I know it must get to him because he likes everything put away. And never voluntarily updating anything on my computer, even though he nicely typed up instructions for me and everything. Sorry, dude. Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

His: Re-telling stories, or telling said story to someone who is clearly not interested. He also fails to recognize that the person is not interested and goes on and on and on. :-)

Mine: Speeding and slightly above average assertive driving.

• Options
    edited June 2013

oh im definitely a speed demon too 
  • Options
    His: Leaving the cupboard doors open, shutting the bathroom door after he leaves once he has taken a shower and doesn't turn on the fan, leaving his shoes at the bottom of the bed. 
    Mine:  Leaving my clothes on the floor, hogging the bed.  I know I have many.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    His: Camping out in "our" bathroom when we totally designated the guest bathroom as "HIS." He painted it TARDIS blue and put up a friggin' Dalek print on the wall. Also, he chews and drinks really loudly.

Me: I pick my cuticles. I fumble with my engagement ring. My mind wanders when people are talking to me so I can never remember anything they've just said. It's awful.
  • Options
    His: H is not at all neat, and shoves random things into random places so that he can never find anything ever.

Mine: World's biggest blanket thief.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I peel my split ends. I'm cutting my hair off this week so I stop.

FI peels... his toenails. And leaves them everywhere. Hate.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013

H: Blasting the tv at 100+ volume level, especially during action movies.  Taking 2 or more hours to get ready because he loves to poop and will sit on the toilet with the iPad forever.  Throwing his dirty clothes next to the hamper instead of inside the hamper.

Mine: Biting at my bottom lip/inside of my cheek.  Watching Real Housewives of Whatever and Keeping Up With the Kardashians 24/7.  I am sure H could list quite a few more.

• Options
    His: H is not at all neat, and shoves random things into random places so that he can never find anything ever. Mine: World's biggest blanket thief.
    Ooo ooo! I forgot about the mail. Omg, we have mail everywhere. He opens it and then leaves it around the house. Even junk mail. It's a wonder that he manages to pay his bills. I can't take it.
  • Options
    His  -The biggest ones I get annoyed at are not putting trash in can (yet he is great about taking the trash out - go figure).  The other is he has an aversion about taking his plates and such to the kitchen, let alone put them in the dishwasher.

Mine - losing too much hair and leaving bobby pins and/or hair ties around the place.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    My H loves to ask me to help him with things he could easily do himself. Like, he's standing in the kitchen and I'm in the library, but he asks me to get him something in the kitchen for him. Wha?? You're in that room, get it yourself. 

I am a very aggressive driver and yell profanities (with my windows up) at people I deem bad drivers. I also leave wrappers everywhere on the kitchen counters. 
  • Options
    Fi: Eating meals in the computer room upstairs then leaving the dishes up there for days. He also lingers around whatever machine I'm on at the gym, I usually try and tell him to go do something else, but noo he lingers by my machine and drinks from my water bottle. lol

Me: I throw my clothes on the floor at the end of the day... i leave drawers and cupboards open... steal all the blankets and most of the bed at night...grind my teeth and pick scabs. lol
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options
    His:  Takes his shoes off and leaves them in the middle of the kitchen/family room walkway.  Takes his change out of his pocket and leaves it on the kitchen island.

Me:  Leaves empty (or sometimes not fully empty) soda cans where I last drank them.  I usually rotate them out though, so there's not multiple empties, but still...I'm working on it.

Both:  Neither one of us are a fan of putting our clean laundry away.  So essentially we both have piles of clean clothes in either the laundry basket or on the futon in the office.  
    Anniversary
  • Options

H: Blasting the tv at 100+ volume level, especially during action movies.  Taking 2 or more hours to get ready because he loves to poop and will sit on the toilet with the iPad forever.  Throwing his dirty clothes next to the hamper instead of inside the hamper.

Mine: Biting at my bottom lip/inside of my cheek.  Watching Real Housewives of Whatever and Keeping Up With the Kardashians 24/7.  I am sure H could list quite a few more.

I do that too @Maggie0829!

FI: Doesn't use his blinker. Drives me nuts. He also judges the Knot and doesn't understand why I frequent it. He frequently bugs me about it. I just remind him there are websites he frequents that I don't understand.

Me: I tend to take my shoes off and leave them where ever.  I'm also bad at making the bed and cleaning in general. I also tend to procrastinate.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MsYeckMsYeck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Pickle juice your guy sounds just like mine except he also farts like crazy, forgets about the bait bucket on the enclosed porch (gag), and drags everything on his shoes thru the house.
  • Options
    EllaYoung said:
    His: camping out in our only bathroom. Mine: I have no bad habits and am a paragon of humanity. I also shit glitter and fart rainbows.
    Wow, I dont even fart!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    He is a HUGe procrastinator!! Drives me nuts, especially when I need things done ASAP and cant do them. I ask him to do a few things while Im gone and when I get home one thing will be done and he is on the XBox. Claims he will get to it. Then time goes by and it doesnt get done...Ugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options

FI: Doesn't use his blinker. Drives me nuts. He also judges the Knot and doesn't understand why I frequent it. He frequently bugs me about it. I just remind him there are websites he frequents that I don't understand.

Me: I tend to take my shoes off and leave them where ever.  I'm also bad at making the bed and cleaning in general. I also tend to procrastinate.
    @RachelBMFD - YES, mine too! He is so obnoxious about it, but he works all night from home, writing emails and such, so his complaints about me coming on here are silly. He says he's going to create an account and troll me. So, you guys, if a stupid man-troll comes on here - I'm sorry in advance.
  • Options
    zoberg said:
     YES, mine too! He is so obnoxious about it, but he works all night from home, writing emails and such, so his complaints about me coming on here are silly. He says he's going to create an account and troll me. So, you guys, if a stupid man-troll comes on here - I'm sorry in advance.
    I think we'd have fun playing with him!
  • Options
    I don't know if this is really an annoying habit, but it really annoys me. 

My FI is an incredibly heavy sleeper and he can not get up to save his life. I work pretty early in the mornings, and so he is usually still asleep when I leave. It gets to be like 9 or 10 and I am at work and I keep wondering if he ever made it up and to work. Ugh. It drives me nuts. 

Mine is that I am a project starter and not a project finisher. I can look around our apartment and find at least 3 projects that I've started and haven't finished at any given time. I know it drives him nuts, and every time I say I'm going to start something he says, "Why don't you finish X, Y, and Z first?" Usually I am in denial though and come up with a rationalization on why I never finish anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2013
    I always have one area of my apartment that is cluttered.  It actually drives me nuts until I can't take it anymore and  organize it, but inevitably it will get cluttered again.  Essay session is the worst, but maybe after this thesis I'll never have to write another essay again and won't have stacks of books everywhere? 

I also attack people in my sleep apparently.  FI won't be sleeping with me until after the wedding, but he is already worried after the stories that I tell.  I accidentally punched a cat in my sleep (I felt SO bad, poor thing), I've randomly punched the wall really hard, and apparently on the night before her wedding, I hit my sister in the face when we were sharing a hotel room and she was trying to take my covers.  Fortunately that wasn't a hard punch  and didn't show any marks, but still, that was really rude of me.  Bad sleeping me! 

My FI is averse to change and new situations, which isn't necessarily a bad habit, but I like to do new things and it is always so hard to get him motivated to do them.  He's also a perfectionist which works in my favour sometimes, but might not bode well if something in the wedding planning isn't quite right. 

Edited for grammar.

• Options
    H: He has gotten a lot better about it, but he fails to recognize a lot of the times that he's overdue for a haircut or trimming his nails. I bring it up to him and he truly has no idea that he has homeless-hair. And he take care of it the next day, it's just like he needs a little push, like 'Dear, your toenails are slicing me while we sleep.'

Mine is DEFINITELY the mail thing someone brought up earlier. My thought is, if I see it enough times, I'll do something about it. I'm terrified to file something away and forget to address it. Um, what I should be doing is taking care of it immediately but for some reason I procrastinate. H gets SO mad when he goes out of town, comes back, and there's random mail everywhere, especially because I'm neat about everything else in the house. 
  • Options
    His snoring. It's driven me to the couch on several occasions because I don't have the heart to wake him up. I have tried EVERYTHING.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @alliebear725 : mine snores sooo loud!! I've managed to get used to it though haha, he also had the habit of scooting to my side of the bed, pushing me almost to the edge in the process (and we have a KING sized bed lol)!

I also have the habit of getting the mail and throwing the junk on our couch and it gets piled up pretty quickly. I'm also not the neatest person that has ever lived.. SO does laundry and dishes, I cook haha love it that way.

• Options
    itzMS said:

His: Re-telling stories, or telling said story to someone who is clearly not interested. He also fails to recognize that the person is not interested and goes on and on and on. :-)

Mine: Speeding and slightly above average assertive driving.

That is my entire family - Both Sides. People sometimes stay clear of my family's table at functions because they won't be able to leave.  I spent years working to correct the part about understanding when to stfu at least....but I definitely have story-triggers.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    His: Camping out in "our" bathroom when we totally designated the guest bathroom as "HIS." He painted it TARDIS blue and put up a friggin' Dalek print on the wall. Also, he chews and drinks really loudly.

Me: I pick my cuticles. I fumble with my engagement ring. My mind wanders when people are talking to me so I can never remember anything they've just said. It's awful.
    I see this only as AWESOME.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options

FI hates the Knot. I don't understand. He's not home when I'm on it. Apparently, I need to shut up about everyone's stories. So that, plus, I leave the hallway light on all.the.time. I also have trouble shutting cabinet doors. I also have trouble stifling myself if someone makes an incorrect statement. I really want to correct it.

He picks at his teeth in restaurants and scoops his food onto his fork with his fingers in restaurants. His mother does too. He's been working on that though. He puts his dishes in the sink, above the dishwasher...anywhere but in it. He goes the wrong way a lot and takes way too long to correct it because he doesn't think U turns are legal and doesn't like any of the parking lots along the way apparently.
    image   imageimage

• Options
    H leaves shoes out everywhere. Whereever he kicks them off is where they live until I trip over them and move them. He also has a habit of carrying the toilet paper out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, living room, kitchen, wherever to blow his nose. I do not understand why he doesn't just tear some off, but he takes the whole roll. Then I get stranded in the bathroom with no TP. I leave cups everywhere, which is weird because I clear dishes and put away snacks immediately. But I just never move a cup to the sink when I'm done. I also tend to leave dirty clothes on the bathroom floor after a bath or shower and clean clothes all over the dining room when they are laid out to dry. They will stay there until I wear them if H doesn't remind me to put them away once their dry. We both smoke.
    My mom does that.  She walks out of them wherever she feels like it and leaves them there. I tripped on her wooden Dr. Scholl's shoes one year that she left on the STAIRS and fell down a few. Her response to me asking her not to do that: "I don't have a problem with it".
    image   imageimage

• Options

His: zones out when you're talking to him, biting nails, chewing on his shirt, gets lint in his belly button (so weird!!), doesn't close the shower curtain, leaves cabinets/drawers open, turns the TV up wayyyy too loud...these are the things that first come to mind. We actually had to answer questions for a shower game and he had this HUGE list and he was was like "how do you live with me?!?" haaa

Me: I will do everything possible to avoid putting clean clothes away.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Speaking of bad habits in restaurants.. My SO picks his teeth after eating any kind of meat and then leaves his toothpick wherever he's done, I'm always stepping on them in the dining room and its so disgusting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards