Ohio-Cincinnati

DJ/MC

I am looking for a good but reasonably priced DJ/MC in the area. Any recommendations? How much should I be budgeting for these services?

Re: DJ/MC

• Stay far away from Great Day Productions. Had a HORRIBLE exprience for my first wedding. I'd budget AT LEAST $900 for it. Party Pleasers has great reviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a GREAT experience with Party Pleasers, we chose Jeff Clarke as our DJ.  They did everything we wanted, and it wasn't easy because we had a dual-cultural wedding.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have you checked gigmasters.com? Incredibly helpful site, they sort performers by price/type and area, and instead of booking through the site I used it to find band names then google them (otherwise there is a booking fee I believe). $900 seems very steep to me, I paid $1,800 for a dueling piano band with 4 members, $900 for a guy, some lights, and a laptop is a bit extreme. I have friends who are excellent DJs from college who charge in the $300-$500 range (Columbus based, or else I'd recommend).
  • We are using my fiance's friends who are with PTP Productions.  You can find them on facebook...  https://www.facebook.com/pages/PTP-Productions-DJ-Service/112267352190562 We are excited to have them, 2 fun guys (Tony & Ralph) that my fiance has known for years and reasonably priced compared to others we checked out.  Let me know if you need any other info. 
  • party pleasers was great - we used doug. love him!
  • Cincy DJ Events.  Ryan Lehmukl - rockstar.  He was low key, but very entertaining and very honest.  He did a great job and kept everyone dancing the night away.  We paid $650
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. We met with Doug at Party Pleasers and booked him. Little higher in price than we had budgeted but we liked him so much that we decided to pay the extra anyways.
  • I'd love to hear how the dueling pianos were! What company did you use?  

I think it's important to make sure your DJ is also a master of ceremonies with a large music selection.  I'm not sure if college students are the way to go, I'd make sure they have experience running events, radio edited music and a tuxedo!  

• Would he be willing to come to Cincy for a wedding next may ?
  • So I need help ! who should I choose to DJ my wedding reception Steve Bender Productions or McFadden Music ??
    both roughly the same price  and are reputable but just can't decide . ANYONE have any insight ?!?!?
  • We went with Midwest Sound out of Indy. Yeah we had to pay a travel fee, but it was well worth it! The DJ was very professional, played from our list, and MC'd the event without being obnoxious. Plus they were cheaper than most of the companies in Cincinnati.
  • We ended up paying much more than we budgeted for our DJ, but I think they will be worth it. We went with Everlasting Sounds.  All of our friends went with them. The one reason we chose them over anyone else was because they act as both MC's and day-of wedding coordinators.  The idea that neither me nor my mom would have to be rounding up bridal party members for the entrance to the reception, or making sure my dad was actually in the room for the daddy-daughter dance made us willing to pay just about anything. 
    "Marriage: The roots are deep. The covenant is solid. Life is hard. Love is sweet, and God is good."
  • We used Tom Faris at Catered Sounds. He was super reasonable ($600) for everything and very easy to work with. He kept the night totally on schedule, played great music, and did introductions and such without being intrusive. We LOVED him and highly recommend him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards