Luxury Weddings

Menus

I'm putting together some ideas to send my planner/event designer for our menu looks. She will be able to come up with a color/design that goes with our decor, but in terms of type of menu, what do you prefer? We will have 3 courses and people have 3 options for the dinner part.

Re: Menus

• The menus we had created for my first wedding look the most like image #5. They were on heavy white card stock with black script font and had a black satin ribbon tied at the top. The word "menu" was printed under the bow, though. It had our names and the date at the top as well, just like the photo #2. So, I guess it's a hybrid of #2 and #5!

• I like #5 as well. Even though I'm not really a bow lover I think It's just simple enough.
    I think #4 looks too much like a wine menu. But that's just mypersonal opinion :)
  • FWIW, mine did not have a huge bow like that. It was very simple. I do think that bow is a bit over the top.

• My favorites are the wraparound ones. I've been saving photos of those on Pinterest since the very beginning, but I want to be open to other options. I've never seen anyone do a menu like that aside from on Pinterest.
  • I really like the last one you posted, but I am going to admit that I am biased because that is similar to how I am going to do mine.
  • I prefer a simple card for the menu, which looks similar to the invitation... but that's just how I was raised. These options also look great! :) 
  • I prefer a simple card for the menu, which looks similar to the invitation... but that's just how I was raised. These options also look great! :) 

My menu cards looked almost identical to my invites, except the menu cards were rectangular and the invites were square. I tried doing square menus (everything else was square, including my shower invites), but it didn't look right.  However, the menus were same type of card stock, same black and white coloring, same script for the font.

Yes! I know they say STDs don't have to match the invites, I prefer when they do. All our paper products from the STD to the thank you at each placesetting (we did these instead of menus) matched. The only difference was the preprinted cards for the reception weren't letterpress. Even our wedding website used the same colors, fonts and style. I'm weird about cohesiveness.
    Not weird! I did the same thing! Everything was color coordinated and matched, including the STDs, TY notes, etc. My FSIL did not do this for their wedding this month and I thought it to be odd! LOL

• The final product will match our invites, but I'm trying to figure out format (wraparound, folded over, thin one page). Our invites were square pockets that used 3 layers of paper in gray, off white, and black sparkle paper with a rhinestone and ribbon embellishment. I'm terrible at describing design stuff so hopefully that doesn't sound awful.
  • I love the last one!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing one similar to the last one just because that's what matched my invites, but I love the wraparound design in the first pic. It's definitely something different that hasn't been seen at every other wedding.
  • I like all except #4.  I really like the wrap around menus around the flatware most, probably because I've never seen it before!  I really like #3 over #1 probably because it's simple and the wording stands out more, but it also looks like it gives off more of a casual vibe.  Depending on your wedding, it may not work.  For a more traditional look, I prefer #5 (with a smaller bow) over #2 (which seems like the type most people would have).
  • Oh, FFS, Cheville, stop resurrecting old posts!  OP's wedding already happened.

• Was some caterer stalking me while I was away at my wedding? Weird...
  • @AJuliaNJ - hahaha, very weird.  How was your wedding??
  • @JoanE2012, it was amazing! It flew by, but it was an amazing night.
  • Please share pics when you get the sneak peek back from your photog!
  • The menus we ended up doing were most like #2, but different colors and fonts. The shape and the fact that there were multiple layers was the same though.
  • AJuliaNJ said:
    @JoanE2012, it was amazing! It flew by, but it was an amazing night.

Awww, great to hear!  It's so true.....the day goes by in a blink of an eye. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards